Chapter Forty Two

Predator turned Prey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“You know, that was a real touching speech you gave Zelo outside,” a voice you never wanted to hear again, spoke as soon as you heard the door close with a loud clang behind you.

You looked up, and forced a smile onto your face as you looked at the familiar other. “It’s been a long time, hasn’t it, Boss?”

The Boss tossed a grin back at you before he jerked his head to signal one of the M.A.M.A workers.

You felt your heart clench as you looked around the room of familiar faces. They were all people that you had grown up training with, and now they were your enemies.

When one of them stepped towards you with hand cuffs, you immediately let out a hiss.

“I don’t think you’ll want to do anything to resist, Hanmi,” the Boss smirked. “Unless you want something to happen to the people you’re sacrificing your life for.”

He pointed to a far off corner of the room, and you turned your head to follow his pointed finger. A low growl escaped your throat when you got a look at the beaten and bruised bodies of the BAP members.

“You betrayed us,” you muttered, still refusing to let anybody so much as touch you.

“I think you’ve got the situation all twisted around here, Hanmi. You were the one that betrayed us, if my memory serves me correctly,” the Boss scoffed. He called out to one of the assassins standing at his side, “Go fetch Zelo for us, would you?”

You immediately darted towards the entrance of the warehouse and stood threateningly in front of it. “Don’t you ing dare. You already have me and the other BAP members, just let Zelo go. Just let him be free.”

“If I let him go, will you come back and work for us?” the Boss asked with a smirk on his face.

You froze at his request.

A small chuckle escaped from your lips, and you looked up at him with the strongest loathing in the world. “Sorry, but even Zelo isn’t worth it.”

“Then I’m afraid I have no choice,” the Boss sighed. He snapped his fingers and several MAMA workers darted forward to get you out of the way and capture Zelo.

The second one of them laid a finger on you, your instincts immediately triggered to the highest degree. Your fist flew forward and roughly collided with somebody’s face. You jammed your foot forward and caught some nicely in the ribs, causing them to fly backwards with a painful shout. You dodged a fist and sent your own in retaliation, smirking when a satisfying crunch met your ears.

Within a few minutes they were all lying on the ground cringing in complete pain.

“I’m a bit insulted that you think this scum is good enough to defeat me,” you scoffed. “Was I your favorite for no good reason?”

“You’ve put up a pretty good fight,” the Boss smirked. “As a reward for fighting so well, I’ll let Zelo travel a day before I send my men after him. Let’s see how well the little brat can run before I find him.”

“Well what do you know? I didn’t know you had a heart to be able to do that,” you scoffed. Your eyes flickered over to the other BAP members, and the Boss caught your eyes.

“I’m afraid that they’re a whole different story,” the Boss smirked. He signaled one of the workers, and soon tubs of water were splashed onto the BAP members.

Low groans and hisses were emitted as the members regained consciousness.

“Couldn’t even let us rest for a while, huh?” Himchan hissed darkly as he shook his head to get rid of excess water.

“I thought you guy would want to welcome our guest,” the Boss smirked.

All 5 of the heads looked up in confusion, and their eyes widened simultaneously at the sight of you.

“Hanmi! What the hell are you doing here?!” Himchan roared as he thrashed against his chains. A pained expression took over his face at the action.

“Calm down, Himchan,” you replied calmly. You honestly wanted nothing more than to rush forward towards the boys and free them of their pain and suffering.

“Run, Hanmi. Leave now!” Daehyun pleaded. “Please don’t suffer the same fate as us.”

“I’m not going to leave you,” you growled gently. “When Zico told me that you guys had died… I had so many regrets. I’m not going to leave knowing that you guys are here alive and barely clinging to life. I’m going to set you free. So just trust me, okay?”

The BAP members fell silent as they processed their words, each having similar thoughts running through their heads.

“That’s really sweet, but I don’t believe you’ll be able to live up to your words, Hanmi,” the Boss chuckled.

“I’m going to free them,” you stated firmly as you stared straight into the eyes of the boss. “Or I’m going to die trying.”

The Boss scoffed at your words. “Then die.”

The second the words escaped the lips of the boss, you darted forward with ligh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter