Chapter Forty One

Predator turned Prey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“You took Hanmi out on a date?!” Sehun exclaimed with a pout on his face. He jabbed an outstretched finger in Baekhyun’s direction and whined, “That’s not fair! Hyung’s already gotten his alone time with Hanmi!”

“Relax, maknae, I just took her out to see the market place,” Baekhyun sighed as he rubbed his temples from the maknae’s loud voice.

Kai’s head shot over to Baekhyun’s direction once he processed the other's words. The market place? But that was where he was supposed to take you! A frown slid onto his lips and he felt his mood instantly sour. You were supposed to experience your first time at the market place with him, not Baekhyun.

“If it really bothers you, than you can skip my one hour session with her, alright?” Baekhyun offered. “We can skip straight to Chanyeol.”

Sehun grinned with satisfaction at the other’s words and nodded his head. “That works too, thanks for the sacrifice, hyung!”

Baekhyun scoffed at the younger’s suddenly bright expression. Like the maknae had actually given him a choice.

“You’re such a child, Sehun,” Luhan sighed as he smacked the younger lightly on the back of his head.

Sehun rubbed his head as he glanced back at Luhan with a pout on his face. “You were probably jealous too, Hyung! I’m pretty sure Baekhyun and I aren’t the only ones who want alone time with her, but I at least am willing to fight for my rights!”

Luhan fell silent at the younger’s words because he had to admit that they were true - although the maknae had a childish way of going about it.

“Sehun, what are you throwing a tantrum about now? I could hear you yelling from all the way upstairs,” you sighed as you appeared at the top of the stair case. You had been working on your homework, but was distracted by Sehun's continuous shouts from downstairs.

Sehun smiled innocently up at you. “Nothing, Hanmi! Nothing at all!”

“Are we going to go continue our training?” you asked curiously as you bounced down the stairs. “I’m kind of itching to get into a good fight.”

“Then I’m the perfect opponent!” Chanyeol grinned as he proudly jabbed a thumb at himself.

You raised an eyebrow at his words and glanced over at Baekhyun. “Wasn’t Baekhyun next in line?”

“Baekhyun Hyung decided to skip his turn,” Sehun chimed innocently as he ignored the glare shot at him from Baekhyun. “I think Hyung is really strong already, so he doesn’t even need the session.”

“You’re a demon child, you know that, Sehunnie?” you laughed as he patted him gently on the head. You turned to face Chanyeol and gestured towards him with a hand. “Shall we go?”

The pounding footsteps of the other members came echoing down the staircase.

“Don’t you try to go with Hanmi on your own, Chanyeollie,” D.O tsked. “We’re all coming along too.”

Chanyeol simply stuck his tongue out in response, and wrapped his arm around your shoulders. “Hanmi’s mine for the next session, so you all better out!”

The members rolled their eyes at his childishness and D.O pried his arm off of you before shoving him out of the door.

“Yeah, yeah, yeah,” Tao sighed as he trailed after the two of them with the rest of the members at the back of his heels.

 

---------------------------

 

“Chanyeol to be completely honest, I don’t understand why you need this session,” you stated with a raised eyebrow. While the other boys were out sparring in the main room, you and Chanyeol were off in a branched off room to have your session.

“What’s that supposed to be mean?” Chanyeol pouted with crossed arms.

“You’re a lot stronger than the other members, and you have a lot of control. To be completely honest, I think you and Suho are the ones with the best control of their powers,” you explained.

Chanyeol grinned widely at your praise, but he quickly shook his head. “I’m still having my session with you, it’s only fair~”

You rolled your eyes at the other and crossed your arms with a small smile threatening to stretch across your cheeks. “Alright, so what do you want to do? I don’t think I have any words of advice for improving your powers.”

Chanyeol tapped his chin thoughtfully and then snapped his fingers once he thought up of something. “Let’s sneak out and go play?”

“Yah! Don’t abuse these hourly sessions,” you frowned as you smacked him gently on the back of his head.

Chanyeol rubbed the back of his head with a pout. “Then what do you suggest we do?”

This time it was your turn to tap your chin thoughtfully, and your eyes brightened as you came up with an idea. “Why don’t we spar?”

Chanyeol stared at you blankly. “What?”

You grinned widely at your suggestion. “We should spar, Chanyeol! I don’t have powers like you guys, but I’m pretty quick and strong, so I don’t think your fire will pose as much of an obstacle.”

“I’m not going to spar with you, Hanmi,” Chanyeol frowned with crossed arms. For once, the smile and pulsing energy that the happy virus was always equipped with vanished.

You sighed and rolled your eyes, already knowing where this was going. “Look, Chanyeol, I understand that you guys care a lot about my safety, but I am perfectly capable of protecting myself. I’m really tired of being treated like a damsel in distress, and although I know that it’s coming from the good of your hearts, it’s really goddamn annoying,” you huffed angrily. “I’m strong, and I may be a girl, but that doesn’t mean I am any less capable of fighting than the other guys.” This was beginning to get repetitive with all the other sessions you had with the other members. Why couldn't they just realize that you were completely capable of handling yourself?

Chanyeol stared at you in silence for a long period of time before finally saying, “We care a lot about you, Hanmi.”

“You all care about every single member of Exo from the bottom of your hearts, right? But you still spar with them, so why won’t you do the same with me?” you deadpanned. 

Your expression softened once you got a look at Chanyeol’s downcast expression. You gently took his hands into yours, and you smiled up at him, “I appreciate the concern of you all so incredibly much, but you have to understand that I can handle myself. I’m a part of the team, aren’t I? So treat me like I am.”

A long period of silence filled the room, until a sudden voice interrupted, “She’s right, you know.”

The door flung open, and both you and Chanyeol snapped your heads over to look at the intruding figures. All 11 of the Exo members were standing there with unreadable expressions.

“We have to stop treating Hanmi like glass if we all want to improve our abilities,” Kris stated as he stared straight into your eyes. You gave him a smile, and the corner of his lips turned up. “She’s a part of the team. Exo has 13 members.”

You felt the adrenaline pump through your veins, and a new triumphant essence took over you.

“14!” Kisook’s voice piped up, prompting laughter from all the other Exo members.

“Wait a minute,” Chanyeol stated abruptly as he stared at the Exo members with a hard glare. “Have you been listening in on our conversation?”

You nodded with his words and stared at the members with a raised eyebrow.

The members all exchanged awkward glances with each other, and within a second, all 12 of them shot from the room and back to the main room with pounding footsteps. You met eye contact with Chanyeol, and the two of you burst into laughter at the childishness of the Exo members.

“So, how about that spar, then?” you grinned expectantly.

Chanyeol quieted down at your words, and you almost thought that you would have to go on a long rant once again until a small grin spread across Chanyeol’s cheeks. “Let’s do it.”

 

--------- --------------

 

“You’re all so suffocating, so get the hell away!” you groaned as you shoved Sehu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter