Chapter Forty

Predator turned Prey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“I dun wanna wake up,” you growled from underneath your blankets. You had fallen asleep pretty late the night before due to helping Suho out with plans for the bakery, and you were in no mood to wake up at 6:30 in the morning to get ready for school.

“Come on Hanmi, you have to go,” Chen pleaded as he tried shaking you awake. He mentally swore at Suho for giving him the job of waking you up. Although, it was kind of his fault that he didn’t flee fast enough like his other members when Suho had proposed the idea.

“I swear to god Chen, I will not hesitate to rip your balls off if you keep bothering me,” you growled darkly. You gripped the blankets around you even tighter.

Chen sighed and called out to Suho that you weren’t budging. A loud sigh was heard from across the house, and Suho grudgingly came trudging up the stairs and into his old room.

“Have fun,” Chen grinned before he quickly fled out of the room to be a safe distance from your raging self.

“Come on Hanmi, it’s time to wake up,” Suho called as he attempted to shake you awake.

“I’m tired, and might I remind you that it’s your fault for me staying up so late to help you with your plans,” you grumbled, not even feeling the slightest ounce of sympathy at the guilt that washed over Suho. Hah, he deserved it.

“Just call in sick for her, Hyung,” Baekhyun’s voice chimed from the door way. “I don’t have any classes today so I can watch over her.”

Suho opened his mouth to protest but let out a sigh of defeat. “You win this time, Hanmi.”

“Bye Suho~” you called out sweetly once you heard the retreating footsteps. You grinned happily to yourself and quickly began to drift back into a state of unconsciousness.

“Hanmi, you should wake up now,” a voice chimed. You jolted awake when you felt a hand gently shake your shoulder, and you let out a loud groan.

The voice chuckled, and you could almost hear the amusement in his voice when he said, “It’s already noon. Time for you to get up and eat lunch.”

You mentally debated on which choice would be more preferable. Sleeping or eating? As a decision breaker, your stomach growled on cue. Eating it is.

You brought your fists up to your eyes to rub the sleep out of them and reluctantly sat up in bed. “Whazz time iz it Baek?” you slurred as you tried to push the sleep out of your system.

Baekhyun chuckled at your cuteness and glanced over at the clock before he responded with, “It’s almost 1. The others will be coming back from school soon, and I was hoping that… well, that we could go to the market place before they come back.”

You perked up in interest at his words. “The market place?”

Baekhyun sighed with relief at how interested you sounded at the idea and smiled, “Yeah. I thought you would want to experience it.” He placed the tray of food he had brought upstairs on your lap and gestured for you to eat it.

You nodded your head eagerly and felt the sleepiness practically fly away from your body. You tossed him a thanks and quickly began to wolf down your meal, eager to get to the market place.

“Slow down Hanmi, the market place isn’t going anywhere,” Baekhyun laughed as he patted your back after you started coughing.

You sent him a grateful smile, and slowed down your pace of eating. When you were finished, Baekhyun took down the tray of food and told you to get ready.  You jumped into the bathroom for a quick shower, and pulled on a few pieces of clothing that Tao had prepared. The boy had actually arranged all of your clothing into pre-set outfits for you to wear.

“Shall we go?” Baekhyun smiled with an outstretched hand once you bounded down the stairs.

You took his hand with a grin on your face, and sprinted out of the house with Baekhyun laughing behind you.

The two of you managed to catch the bus just in time, and you thanked Baekhyun when he paid for your bus fare for you. Baekhyun tugged you down into a pair of empty seats, and the both of you enjoyed the pleasant silence on the way to the market.

This was one of Baekhyun’s qualities that you loved most about him. The two of you could go through dead silence, yet it wouldn’t be the awkward kind. Neither of you would feel obliged to feel as if you had to break the silence, and would simply enjoy the presence of the other. The comfortable silence had lulled you to sleep, and before you knew it, your head was bobbing along with the bumps in the road.

Baekhyun glanced over at you, and a small smile slid onto his lips at the cuteness you were emitting. He gently reached over and pushed your head lightly until it fell onto his shoulder with a quiet thud. He smiled contently at your new sleeping position, and mentally engraved the moment into his memory.

He found it almost regretful when the bus arrived at the market place, and he was contemplating on whether or not he’d just let the two of you go for another round on the bus. Finally, he reluctan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter