Chapter Four

Predator turned Prey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“What?” you scoffed, beginning to turn back around to him. You heard the sound of a gun going off, and you caught sight as the bullet whizzed past you.

Your heart stopped beating once you heard the familiar sharp groan of pain.

 

You spun around in a split second to see Hyunseok on the ground, a pool of blood already pooling around him. You were about to kill Yongguk, but the quiet cry of “Hanmi” coming from Hyunseok’s lips made you dash to his side without a second of hesitation.

“Y-Yah! You’ll be fine! You’ll be fine!” you exclaimed as you ripped open his shirt to get a clear look at the bullet wound. “I’ll- I’ll just take you back to headquarters. You’ll be fine. Everything’ll be fine.”

“H-Hanmi, c-calm down,” Hyunseok said and weakly gripped your wrist. Blood trickled out of the side of his mouth androlled down his chin.

“You don’t need to tell me to calm down! I’m calm! I’m ing calm!” you exclaimed, nearly going through hysterics as tears flooded your vision. “I’m calm because you’ll be alright!”

“L-listen to me… Hanmi... Hanmi-ah,” Hyunseok groaned in agony and panted haevily as he clasped your hand into his. “W-we knew this would happen… W-we-” Hyunseok wheezed loudly in pain. “W-we a-already accepted this, s-so you a-accept it too.”

“Shut up Hyunseok, shut up! Stop acting like you’re going to die, you’re not going to die. I’m going to bring you back to headquarters, they’re going to patch you up, and we’re going to joke about this tomorrow and Minhwa oppa’s going to yell at us for being too loud and annoying,” you painfully wailed, tears rolling off your chin and dripping onto Hyunseok’s shirt to mingle with the blood. “We’re going to go for ice cream tomorrow, and I’ll treat you because I lost our bet, okay oppa?”

“H-Hanmi, pl-please,” Hyunseok pleaded, coughing up blood with each syllable.

“W-We knew… th-this w-would happen. B-Boss’s pl…pl-plan,” Hyunseok choked. “L-let…lette….letter, ba-ba…back….p-pack.” You could see that it was harder for him to get out his words.

“Please, you’re not going to die. You can’t die!” you screamed.

“H-Han….Hanmi. I..I-I l-lov...love y-you.”

“I love you too, a lot. So much, so you can’t leave, okay? You can’t leave!” you cried, ignoring the endless streams of tears that ran down your face.

“Sm…Smile.”

You gave him a smile, the largest smile you could possibly give him. “I’m smiling, I’m smiling, okay? I’m smiling, so don- OPPA!” His eyes closed slowly, and you immediately gripped his shoulders. “Please, Oppa, you can’t die, you can’t.”

You hurriedly felt for a pulse, and your heart dropped out of your chest when didn’t feel even the faintest pulse. You shot to your feet, and angrily went to search out Yongguk. You would kill him. You were going kill him without mercy. You stopped abruptly when you remembered Hyunseok’s words. “We knew this would happen” “Boss’s plan” “Letter, backpack.”

The two of them had known. That’s why they had given you your back pack, to explain – wait, why would they need a letter to explain it if there was Minhwa Oppa? Your eyes snapped open in realization, and you shot over to the staircase. You immediately began to scan the house for Minhwa and finally caught sight of the other. You heaved out a sigh of relief, but it got caught in your throat once you noticed the puddle of blood underneath him.

“NO!” you screamed. You jumped off the stairs and landed painfully on your ankles, but you broke into a run to Minhwa’s side.

“OPPA! MINHWA OPPA!” you screamed, kneeling next to him with a fresh batch of tears surfacing in your eyes. Minhwa’s eyes opened at your voice, and you let out a shaky breath of relief. “Oppa, I thought you were –” You caught sight of the bullet wound on his upper left chest.

Minhwa gave you a kind smile, but blood dripped out of the corner of his mouth. “Le-letter.” he simply stated. “I-I… lo-love y…yo-you.” He closed his eyes with the same smile left onto his face, as if he had been clinging onto his last ounce of life just to see you one last time.

“It’s time to go boys!” Yongguk shouted aloud, and the level of fighting in the house ceased.

“Come on, let’s get back to head quarters, Hanmi,” Himchan smugly smirked and went over to you.

“I’m going to ing kill you,” you growled as you rose to your feet with burning rage in your eyes. You spun a hard kick at his chest and he went flying into the wall with a loud thump. You quickly jumped on him while he was down and landed punch after punch against his face. The rest of the house fell silent as they stared at your rage.

“Hanmi, calm down,” Daehyun said as he placed an arm on your shoulder to pull you off Himchan. You turned with rage and struck him down to the ground with a tense punch. “Was this what you were trying to tell me earlier? Huh? You little ing piece pf !” you growled, hearing a sickening crack after landing a hard punch against Daehyun’s nose.

“Get the off him, Hanmi,” Youngjae growled, and you felt the nozzle of a gun press against the back of your head.

“What, you’re going to ing kill me too? Do it. Betray me too,” you growled, turning around to stare dead straight at his gun.

“We didn’t betray you, it was the Boss’s orders,” Jongup shrugged nonchalantly as he help Daehyun up to his feet.

The rest of EXO members were watching with mixed emotions spreading through them. They were wondering who the you guys were, what you guys wanted, and if the fight was over.

“I’m going to kill both you and him,” you spat in return.

“Hey, it wasn’t one of us that killed Minhwa,” Youngjae shrugged. “It was that EXO guy, Kris.”

Your head was pounding in fury, and a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter