Chapter Thirty Seven

Predator turned Prey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Come on Hanmi, don’t be so angry,” Sehun whined as he jabbed you gently with his elbow. “Suho Hyung thought that it would be a good experience for you. Don’t be mad at him!”

“I will be mad at whomever I want,” you huffed angrily with crossed arms. You sped up your pace and left Tao and Sehun behind you.

You knew that your enrollment at the academy was due to Suho’s best interest for you, but really, this would be such a waste of your time! You already knew all the material those damned schools were teaching, and would honestly be spending eight hours of your day in complete non-profitable boredom.

“We can put bugs in his bed when we get home,” Kai suggested when you stomped angrily past him.

“How much would that bother him?” you asked loudly.

“A lot. Last time Sehun and I did it and he made Chanyeol burn his sheets and blankets,” Kai responded with a small chuckle as he reminisced the event.

You turned back to him with a hard stare. “Let’s do it.”

Kai chuckled at your seriousness. “School isn’t all that bad, you know. I mean, I hardly believe that you’ll be bullied in this school. Looks really do get you a long way here.”

You raised an eyebrow with amusement at his words. “Are you saying that I have incredible looks?”

Kai froze once he processed your words and reprocessed his own, and coughed awkwardly. “I didn’t say they were incredible… they’re just…a-above average. Or something like that,” Kai muttered. He grabbed onto your wrist and quickened his pace. “Come on, we’re going to be late.”

You sighed and let Kai drag you over to the class you were going to be sharing with him. Seeing as how you had previously been introduced as Kai’s cousin, your status would have to remain as such.

“Hey Hanmi! I heard you’re enrolled as a student now!” Jinhyuk greeted with a wide smile as you entered the room with Kai.

You nodded unenthusiastically, and he laughed at your downcast expression.

“I wouldn’t want to come to school either, if I were in your place,” Jinhyuk chuckled sympethetically. “I’m glad you’re in my class, though.”

Kai immediately felt a tug of annoyance shoot through him at his best friend’s words. Why was he being overly friendly to you, and what did he mean by ‘my class’?

“Are you going to be sitting next to me again like you did before?” Jinhyuk asked.

You were oblivious to it, but Kai fully caught onto the hopeful tone of Jinhyuk’s voice. His eyes narrowed, and he sat down in his seat with his mood ten times as worse than it was earlier.

“I guess so,” you smiled as you sat down in between the two of them. Your eyes darted from between them, and you almost laughed at the huge contrast of personalities. On your right was a boy basically radiating happiness and sunshine, and on your left was a boy that looked like he wanted to destroy the world – something you didn’t doubt.

The shrill ring of a bell interrupted the conversations occurring in the classroom, and the front door immediately slid open to reveal the teacher.

“It’s nice to see that you’re here as an official student, Hanmi,” the teacher grinned happily.

Kai let out a quiet growl at how the teacher looked a bit too happy at your presence.

“Let’s all make her feel right at home, okay?” the teacher announced.

“Neh,” chorused the rest of the students.

As the lesson began, you slumped lazily in your seat already bored out of your mind. You thought about once again how it was really pointless for Suho to have enrolled you in school. You wouldn’t learn anything new, nor would you associate yourself with anyone other than Exo with Jinhyuk as the exception.

You glanced over at Kai who was already engulfed in a deep sleep. A small smile spread across your face as you looked at how peaceful the other was when he was unconscious. You mentally scoffed; if only the boy could be that cute when he was conscious as well.

“Hanmi, what’s the answer to the question?” the teacher called out, snapping you from your thoughts.

“Plus or minus the square root of 3,” you called out nonchalantly, not even bothering to glance over at him.

The teacher stared at you in surprise. He had been positive that you had been tuning out, and that you hadn’t even glanced at the board to see him do the work. He would definitely relay his beliefs that you were an absolute genius over to the other teachers. Maybe they could even get you to take an IQ test.

After watching Kai’s peaceful expression for a few minutes, he began to make you a little sleepy yourself. Before you knew it, you had your cheek pressed against the cool wood of the table as you fell asleep.

Kai’s eyes slowly opened themselves, and they turned into crescents as he watched you sleep peacefully. His lips curved into a frown as he eyed the strand of stray hair that was brushing against your nose, causing you to crinkle your eyebrows with annoyance in your sleep.

He reached out to tuck the strand of hair behind your ear, and smiled when your face resumed its peaceful state.

“What are you doing, Kai?”

Kai immediately froze at the sound of his name, and quickly retracted his arm as all his classmates turned to look at him.

“Nothing,” Kai muttered as he tucked his face back into the arms.

The teacher continued to stare for a few seconds as he processed the action between the two of you, and a small smile tugged at his lips. Ah, young love.

You were jolted from your sleep when the shrill ring of a bell invaded your dreams, signaling the start of lunch. You slowly sat up and stretched your arms from your peaceful nap.

“How could you sleep on the first day of class, Hanmi?” Sehun pouted as his face suddenly popped up in front of you.

The girls of the classroom squealed at his sudden appearance, and instantly began to gossip among themselves.

“But I’m bored,” you whined as you rubbed your droopy eyelids. You felt Sehun’s thumb rub against the area next to your lips and you glanced at him in confusion.

“You had dried drool there,” Sehun explained with a small chuckle.

You crinkled your nose and wiped the area again yourself. “That’s gross, Sehun.”

You winced at the loud squeals that were sounded from the girls

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter