Chapter Thirty Six

Predator turned Prey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Lay, before we start, do you mind if I watch the boys spar for a little while?” you asked hopefully. You’ve never been able to witness their powers clash against each other, and was eager to find out.

Lay chuckled and gave you a small smile, “Go ahead.”

A grin spread across your face, and you bounded over to where the members were preparing their spars.

“Are you coming to watch us, Hanmi?” Sehun asked with bright eyes when you stepped forward.

You nodded your head enthusiastically. “Only for a little while, and then I’m going to go work with Lay.”

“Watch us first! You can see me beat D.O hyung to a pulp,” Sehun grinned proudly.

“I’m going to watch Suho and Yeol first, but I’ll come watch you guys next,” you promised with a salute. Before Sehun could protest, you quickly made your way over to the Chanho pair.

“Will you be watching us?” Suho asked with a kind smile.

You nodded your head with a grin and made yourself comfortable against the wall as you watched the two prepare.

“I’m not going to be holding back now that Hanmi’s watch us~” Chanyeol called out in a sing song voice.

Suho scoffed, “I wouldn’t suspect that you would have even if she wasn’t here.”

Chanyeol simply ignored his words and pull his arms back. “Get ready!”

You watched in amazement as Chanyeol’s playful expression snapped immediately into a serious one. He threw his arms forward, and fire blasted out of his palms in lightening speed.

Suho quickly jumped away to dodge the hit, and extinguished his fire with a burst of water. He moved his hands to shape and imaginary ball, and you watched in amazement as a ball of water formed around Chanyeol’s head. Chanyeol immediately held his breath once the ball of water engulfed his head, and shot balls of fire to try to get Suho distracted.

One of the balls managed to scorch Suho’s side, and the ball of water immediately popped, allowing Chanyeol to inhale several deep breaths of air.

“I see that’s how you want to play it,” Chanyeol growled out playfully as he flicked his wet bangs from his face. He slowly rose his arms at his side, and the strain on his face and arms looked as if all gravity was pushing down on him.

You mouth dropped open as you watched a wall of fire engulf Suho, and you immediately began to fear for the other’s safety. You stepped forward cautiously, but calmed down when Suho emerged from th ring of fire looking relatively unharmed.

“You both are pretty impressive with your powers,” you called out with amazement as you stuck both of your thumbs up. Despite Chanyeol being such a childish puppy, he was actually quite a man when it came to his powers.

A foolish grin spread on Chanyeol’s lips, and he shook his hair like a dog would to get rid of the water.

“I’ll do that for you,” Suho laughed. He held out a hand, and the water pried itself away from Chanyeol and dropped to the ground.

“How was I? Are you amazed?” Chanyeol asked eagerly as he grasped your hands and jumped up and down.

You laughed at the other’s childishness. “It’s ridiculous how you can look so serious when fighting, and then go back to being such a funny puppy. Yes, I was very impressed.” You turned to Suho and gave him a wide smile, “with both of you!”

Suho sheepishly returned the smile while awkwardly scratching the back of his head. He was never good with receiving praise.

“Hanmi! Come watch us now, okay?!” Sehun’s voice called out from across the room.

Chanyeol waved you a reluctant goodbye as you left to watch Sehun and D.O’s spar.

“Alright maknae, make me proud,” you smiled as you settled comfortably in a spot a few yards away from them. “And D.O, if Sehun’s just all talk, make sure you beat his !”

“I’ll do more than just beat it,” D.O smirked. “Alright maknae, I’m starting!”

Before Sehun could even respond, the earth beneath you began to tremble, and ground beneath Sehun cracked open to swallow him.

Sehun let out a loud yelp as he fell into the crack, but immediately conjured up some wind to get him out before D.O could close it.

“, Hyung!” Sehun panted as he rolled onto the ground.

D.O gave him no chance to rest, however, and immediately sprung his next attack. Spikes of rock emerged from the ground in random places, and Sehun had to jump from side to side with lightening speed to get around them. Eventually, one of them managed to hit him, and the younger went tumbling to the side of the room.

“Yah! D.O! Don’t go so harsh on him!” Suho scolded from his end of the room as he watched the tough treatment the maknae was undergoing.

“I thought you would be able to handle it, maknae,” D.O smirked. “I guess I should go a little easier on you, shouldn’t I?”

Sehun’s hands curled into fists, and his anger was practically leaking from him. Not only was he useless against his Hyung, but he had also looked like a fool in front of you. He released his anger into creating a tornado. At first you were impressed with the maknae’s action, but became horror stricken once you realized that the other had no control over the wind tunnel.

“Sehun! Stop it!” you shouted as you tried to block your eyes from the whipping winds.

“What the hell are you doing, maknae?!” Kai exclaimed. All of the other spars had stopped once they caught a look at the frightening tornado.

“I-I can’t,” Sehun gaped with fear as he stared at the disaster he was creating. “I-I can’t, h-hyungs!”

“This isn’t good,” you muttered under your breath. You fought against the heavy winds to reach Sehun, but seemed to fly further back with every step you took. “Sehun, calm down! Don’t let your anger get a hold of you! Extinguish your anger!”

“I-I’m not angry anymore. I-I’m s-scared, hy-hyungs! Make it s-stop!” Sehun cried out loud as he wrapped his arms around his knees. “Make it stop!”

The tornado grew bigger and bigger with his words and furniture from all across the room began to fly into the wind.

The shout of “Kisook!” sounded, and you whipped around in horror to see the younger swallowed up into the tornado. Kris immediately flew into the tornado after him, allowing his body to be whipped around in order to find the younger.

“I can’t make it stop!” Sehun cried as he shoved his face into his bunched up knees.

“Sehun!” you exclaimed. You fought against the heavy currents, and refused o let yourself be blown away until you finally reached the maknae. You pulled his face from his knees and pressed each of your palms against the sides of his face. “Look at me, Sehun,” you said softly as you stared into his tear filled eyes. “Look at me and calm yourself.”

You felt the wind around you steadily decrease in power, and took a deep breath of relief. “Calm down, Sehun, it’s alright. Just calm down and nothing else will happen,” you spoke soothingly to the boy. You wiped away his tears with your thumbs as you continued to stare into his eyes. “It’s fine, you haven’t done anything wrong.”

The wind slowed to a stop, and there were loud clangs as furniture fell back to the ground.

“I’m sorry,” Sehun whispered as he shamefully looked away from your eyes.

“Don’t be, you just need to learn how to control your powers better,” you smiled softly. You pulled the other to his feet, and patted him on the head. “We’ll work on controlling your powers.”

“Duizhang, are you alright?” Tao’s worried voice came. You spun around to see Kris on the floor with a frightened Kisook curled up in his arms. From their position, Kris had obviously taken the impact of the fall.

He let out a low hiss of pain as he pushed himself into a sitting position. “I’m fine. Kisook?”

“I’m fi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter