Chapter Twenty Nine

Predator turned Prey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The next day you woke up to a series of light raps on your bedroom door. Squinting through the bright sun light pouring through the window, you stumbled over to the bedroom door.

“Hanmi, are you awake yet?” Chen’s muffled voice sounded through the closed door. “D.O wants to you to come down for breakfa-”

You cut him off mid sentence by opening the door. Once he took in your state of attire, a heavy blush captured his cheeks and he immediately averted his eyes. “H-Hanmi, you should come down… after you get dressed.”

You rubbed your eyes sleepily, not taking in his embarrassment, and simply nodded your head. “I’ll be down in 5 minutes.” After closing the door, you turned to look at yourself in the mirror. Your shirt, which was a bit too big, had slid down your body to show off your collar bones and shoulder. Somehow during your tossing and turning last night, you were no longer clad with your bottom pajamas. Thankfully, your shirt was just long enough to cover any of your from showing.

“Oh,” you stated simply as you took in your appearance. With a shrug, you changed into a more appropriate outfit and headed downstairs for breakfast.

“Today’s a nice Saturday, so why don’t we all go somewhere?” Suho suggested once everybody was seated at the dining table.

“Let’s go to a water park!” Sehun grinned.

“No, I want to go to the forest!” D.O argued.

“I want to go to an amusement park,” Kisook whined.

“Why don’t we go to the beach?” Suho suggested with a hopeful face.

“What do you ant to do today, Hanmi?” Lay asked you with a smile.

All four heads turned to you with hopeful expressions plastered onto their faces and you gulped uneasily.

“I guess I’d like to go to..” you began as you scanned their faces. “the beach!”

Suho beamed brightly at your answer, while similar looks of betrayal came onto the faces of the others. You returned Suho’s smile with one equally as bright. Being one of the leaders of Exo, Suho definitely had a harder time, so he deserved a bit of relaxation.

Sehun’s pout drifted away once a thought crossed his head. “Does Hanmi even have a swimsuit?”

All heads turned to look at you, and you shook your own.

“I could use a new pair of swim trunks myself, so we can go shopping together!” Luhan suggested happily.

“Nice try, Hyung, but we’re all going to be going,” Sehun snorted at the other's feeble attempt to go somewhere alone with you.

Luhan pouted at the Maknae’s response, but accepted the inevitable.

“We should have a picnic there too!” Xiumin suggested eagerly, his lips at the thought.

“How about we split into two teams? Cooking and shopping?” Suho suggested. “Who wants to be on e which team?”

“I want to be on whatever team Hanmi is on!” Luhan exclaimed eagerly as he waved his arm in the air. Sehun, Tao, and Kisook immediately nodded in agreement with his words.

“Let’s choose teams first, and then Hanmi can choose which team she wants to be on in the end,” Lay suggested after hearing you heave a heavy sigh. You sent him a look of gratitude, and he simply smiled in return.

After a lot of complaints, debates, and a bit of violence, the teams were finally determined.

On the shopping team there was Sehun, Luhan, Tao, Xiumin, Suho, Chanyeol, and Kisook.

On the cooking team, there was D.O, Chen, Baekhyun, Kai, Kris, and Lay

It didn’t take you long to determine which team you wanted to be on.

“Cooking team,” you announced confidently after getting a look at what the shopping team was made up of. You definitely pitied Suho for being stuck with the nosiest Exo members.

Despite their stoic expressions, each member of the cooking team was rather ecstatic with your decision.

“I want to switch to the cooking team now!” Sehun whined childishly as he pounded his feet into the ground.

“Okay, get into the car brats,” Suho sighed as he pushed the members out the door one by one. He turned back to the members of the cooking team and stated, “You guys are going to have to go grocery shopping since we’re short on food. I don’t think I have to tell you guys this, but make sure to look after Hanmi!”

After the shopping team left, the cooking team was quick to follow in their footsteps to the grocery store.

“D.O, what are we going to be making for lunch?” you asked the other curiously as you all walked into the grocery store.

All heads had turned to the lot of you once you had all stepped in, and people had even begun to take out their phones to snap pictures, thinking that you guys were a new idol group or something.

The other tapped his chin thoughtfully as he pulled out a shopping cart. “Pasta?”

Your eyes lit up at his suggestion, and he laughed at your hopeful expression.

“You like pasta, Hanmi?” D.O asked, mentally noting this new found information.

You nodded your head enthusiastically. “A lot! Hyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter