Chapter Twenty Eight

Predator turned Prey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Your eyes immediately narrowed at his words. “What the hell do you mean?”

“I mean exactly what I just said,” Changmin snorted. “What, do you have hearing problems?”

“What do you mean you created them?!” you clarified impatiently.

“Oh. Well maybe I’m allowing Two Moons to take too much credit. We didn’t really create them. They were already existing, normal, human beings. I guess you can say that we… altered them a bit,” Changmin explained.

“You what?!” you seethed, feeling rage fill your veins at his words. 

“We gave them their powers, Jesus. Can you really not hear all that well, or something?” Changmin scoffed with rolled eyes.

“So it’s your fault, then. It’s your fault that MAMA is after them, because of the powers you gave them?” you growled with narrowed eyes.

“Now come on, don’t pin everything all on me. I’m not the whole company, you know,” Chanmin chuckled darkly.

“I’ll kill you,” you growled. “I’ll kill you, and all the other members of Two Moons. How could you do that to them? How could you destroy their lives?!”

“That’s a rather mean way to put it, don’t you think?” Changmin shrugged. “Sure their lives might not be the best, but their powers will help us immensely!”

“You loathsome creatures!” you exclaimed as you charged forward with the knife in hand. You slashed blindly at Changmin, but felt your body immediately freeze for some unknown reason.

“Now, now, Hanmi. You may be strong, but you’re stupid. After what just happened earlier, you really think that you’re at any advantage to attack me?” Changmin asked smugly with a raised eyebrow.

“So you have powers, do you?” you seethed; you tried to turn your head to look at the other, but failed.

“Bingo!” Changmin laughed as he easily plucked the knife out of your fist. “Now, it’s my turn to have some fun, isn’t it?”

He played with the knife as he walked circles around you, inspecting which part of you would play victim for his fun. “It’s a bit pitiful to carve you up, though.”

You simply snarled in return, hissing in pain when the tip of the knife flicked against your cheek to leave a small cut.

“Ah well, seeing as how I’ve already gotten started, I might as well finish the job.”

 

------------- -------------

 

“Where the hell is Hanmi? It’s getting pretty late,” Chanyeol muttered under his breath as he paced back and forth in the living room. He shot a glare at Baekhyun. “How the hell could you have let her go off on her own?”

“Shut up, Chanyeol. Baekhyun’s already frustrated with himself, and he doesn’t need you to add to the fire,” Suho ordered. He himself was sporting a look of worry as well, however.

Baekhyun, who was sitting on the couch, was mentally beating himself up with worry. “How could I have let her out of my sight?!” he muttered to himself. He suddenly grabbed his coat and stood up. “I’m going to look for her.”

“You’ve already spent the past hours looking for her, Baekhyun. Take a break, Kai, Kris, Chen, D.O, and Sehun are out there right now,” Lay stated.

“And I should be out there helping,” Baekhyun snapped in return as he shoved the other off him.

Lay opened his mouth to speak, but shut it once again. Baekhyun was normally one of the nicest people in the world, but in times like these, nobody should cross his path.

Just before Baekhyun stomped outside, there was a small knock on the front door. Thinking it was you, the other sprinted to the door and pulled it open with all his strength. He immediately froze once a solid figure fell into his arms, but panic quickly filled him when he recognized the bloodied figure as yourself.

“Holy ing !” Chanyeol exclaimed as he ran over to Baekhyun’s side. He cupped your bloodied cheeks into the palms of his hands, and forced you to face him. “Hanmi!”

His words went unheard however, because you were knocked out cold. Your face was as white as snow, besides the red stains of blood.

“She’s lost too much blood, put her over here!” Lay demanded once he got a look at your wounds.

Baekhyun quickly, but gently, placed you on the table in front of the other.

“Go get cloth towels and wash bins!” Lay barked out as he began to inspect your body for the deepest wounds. “Hurry!”

Baekhyun gripped your hand tightly into his as he stared at your pain filled face. This felt like déjà vu to him, and that definitely wasn’t a good thing. How many more times would you come back to him beaten and bruised beyond comparison? Why was he never capable of protecting you?

“I’ll call the others to come back,” Tao said as he left the room.

Luhan came back into the room with all the supplies Lay had needed, and quickly set off the help the other as well.

“Why does she always run into trouble?” Xiumin muttered under his breath. He himself still looked on with an immense amount of worry, however.

“Come on Hyung, hurry u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter