Chapter Thirteen

Predator turned Prey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The next morning you woke up to find yourself tucked into Suho’s bed. You looked around in confusion, because you could have sworn you had been sobbing into Baekhyun’s chest before you somehow knocked out. You blushed in embarrassment at the memory. Now how were you going to face him when you wasted his time and ruined his shirt?

The door burst open, and Sehun, Luhan, and Kisook happily skipped  into the room.

“Come on HanHan get up!” Luhan grinned, pulling the blankets off you with a quick tug.

“Noona!” Kisook cheered happily.

You stared at him with surprise at how close and friendly he was being. Sure, Luhan had never spoke ill of you, but he wasn’t exactly as friendly as Chanyeol or Sehun either.

“There’s breakfast down stairs, so you should come eat quickly, okay?” Luhan smiled, patting you gently on the head. He turned to leave the room with Kisook, but stopped momentarily to glance back at you over his shoulder. “I hope you feel better.”

“He’s somehow become really close with Kisook,” Sehun explained when he caught your expression of confusion. “Kisook told Luhan all the good stuff you did for him, so Luhan’s looking at you with a much brighter and positive light now.”

A small smile formed on your face, and you felt happy at the fact that Luhan now accepted you, even if it did require a bit of Kisook’s help. You remembered that you had cried the entire night, and quickly dashed over to the mirror. Sure enough, your eyes were puffed up and had red rims circled around them.

“I have BB cream that can easily cover that up,” Sehun said, as he watched you press your fingers lightly against the bloated rims of your eyes in the mirror. “I mean, I d-don’t use that stuff normally, so don’t judge me, or anything.”

“What’s BB cream?” you asked with furrowed eyebrows at the unfamiliar name. You pointed up at your puffed up eyes, “Will it do something to hide this?”

Sehun nodded, and you smiled in return. “Then I like it!”

Sehun grinned widely and told you to “Wait here!” before sprinting out of the room to retrieve the BB cream.

Fast forward half an hour later and the four of you were happily skipping along to school – minus the "skipping" on Tao’s behalf, and both the “happily” and “skipping”  on Kai’s.

“Are you excited?” Sehun grinned, happily skipping hand in hand with you to the school.

You tugged on your shorts to make sure they weren’t that short, and then fiddled with the fringe of your hair instead of responding to him.

 

(How you look for the day, including the hairstyle~)

“You’d look cute no matter what you wear, don’t worry about it, Hanmi!” Sehun laughed when he saw your nervousness.

“You’re cute, mei mei,” Tao chimed in as well, wrapping an arm around your shoulders. He eyed you up and down and a frown creased itself onto his face. “Too cute. Sehun, since she’s following you to class today, you better watch out for her. You know how the guys at our school are.”

Sehun scoffed and wrapped his arm around your waist, tightly pulling you against him. “You don’t even have to tell me that, Tao. I’d do it anyways.”

“I’m starting to regret picking such a cute outfit for you. Maybe I should have given you sweats and a sweatshirt,” Tao frowned. “I don’t want people looking at my mei mei.”

“Your Mei Mei? Yours? I don’t think so, Panda Eyes, if anything, Hanmi’s mine!”

Despite the two’s stupid bickering, you couldn’t help but internally smile. The two of them were really beginning to warm up to you. You glanced over at Kai who didn’t even try to hide the strong glare of detest he was shooting consistently your way and cowered under the look before sharply turning to continue staring ahead. Well, you couldn’t make everybody like you.

Once the four of you set foot onto the school’s campus, whispers immediately began to spread, and you had to admit that you felt pretty uneasy about them. Sehun noticed your discomfort and gave your hand a small squeeze of reassurance.

“Sehun, there’s a lot of people here,” you murmured nervously, clenching onto the sleeve of his uniform as you stepped closer to him.

“It’s a school, Hanmi,” Sehun laughed, patting you gently on the head. “After today, you’ll get used to it, so don’t worry.”

Tao continued to follow both you and Sehun, but Kai had already departed to a group of guys that you assumed to be his friends.

“By the way, mei mei, do you have a phone?” Tao asked with a curious expression.

You shook your head. “I never needed one.”

Sehun happily clasped his hands together at your words. “Let’s go get one today after school then, okay? You need a way to stay in contact with us, or we’ll worry.”

You nodded in return, but your eyes had caught sight to the scene of one of the guys putting Kai in a headlock. Your eyes widened in surprise, and you were by their side within the blink of an eye. You ripped the guy off Kai and shoved him roughly onto the ground. “What the hell do you think you’re doing?!”

The guy looked back at you in surprise first, but then it slowly turned into an expression of amusement.

A hand landed on your shoulder and whipped you around. “What the hell do you think you’re doing?” Kai exclaimed with an angry expression on his face.

“B-But he was hurting you,” you said, looking down at the fallen guy with a confused expression. Did Kai like the fact that the boy had been hurting him?

“They were being playful, Hanmi,” Sehun explained as he and Tao caught up to you. “That’s Kai’s friend, Jinhyuk.”

Your eyes widened in realization, and you immediately turned to bow 90 degrees at the boy Kai was helping up. “I’m sorry, I thought you were hurting him!”

Jinhyuk laughed and accepted your apology with a smile, but Kai simply glared angrily at you. “Don’t you dare pull anything like that again,” he snarled before making his way into the school building.

Jinhyuk gave you an apologetic smile and a brief wave before turning to follow Kai into the building.

“Ignore Kai, Hanmi,” Sehun scoffed. “He’s being a bastard right now.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter