Chapter Ten

Predator turned Prey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Yah, brat, who the hell are you?” Kai growled at the child with even more irritation flooding to his face.

“Don’t touch noona! You'll have to get through me first!” Kisook exclaimed, standing firmly in front of you with outstretched arms.

Kai scoffed before shoving him easily to the ground.

“Yah! Kai!” you exclaimed, immediately crouching down to help Kisook to his feet. “He’s a child!”

“Hanmi do you know how ing long we’ve been trying to look for you?!” Kai seethed with clenched fists. “And now I find you here, eating goddamn ice cream with some kid?!”

“The others are looking for me?” you asked, pulling out your large doe eyes.

“Did you not just hear what I ing-”

“Shouldn’t you call them to say that you found me?” you asked innocently, pulling out a clean spoon to take a scoop of your ice cream. “You don’t want them to keep searching for nothing, do you?”

Kai growled angrily at you before whipping out his phone to dial in a number. “YAH! SEHUN! I found your little Princess, we’re at that ice cream parlor we always eat at. Call the others and get here before I squash her like a bug!”

“I hardly doubt you’d be able to do that,” you snickered under your breath.

Kai shot you a look before shutting his phone.

“You don’t have to protect me Kisook, just finish eating your ice cream, okay?” you smiled, gesturing to the chair he had been sitting on earlier. “Kai, do you want some?” you asked innocently, holding out an extra spoon.

“I’m going to skin you alive,” Kai growled.

“Don’t pay attention to the scary one, Kisookie,” you smiled, patting the now glaring boy’s head. “He won’t hurt you.”

“But noona, what if he hurts you?” Kisook pouted, giving Kai an untrusting look.

“I’m going to keep you forever!” you squealed, enveloping the boy into a tight hug. “Now eat your ice cream and you can meet your other hyungs.”

One you had finished your sentence, the group of others appeared in front of you; each of them as out of breath as the next one.

“Blood!” Sehun exclaimed, grabbing your arm in horror.

“Relax Sehunnie, it’s not mine,” you replied, withdrawing your arm from his over concerned grip.

“The cashier told us about how gang’s have been using sneaky tricks with kids. Are you alright?” Baekhyun exclaimed, giving you a scan over to see if you were equipped with any injuries.

“I’m fine, I’m fine,” you smiled, touched at their concern. “I finished them off easily. They were no match. Are you guys okay? Do you want some ice cream?”

“Brat!” Chanyeol exclaimed, finally seeing Kisook besides you. “You brought our Hanmi to danger!” he growled, making his way over to Kisook.

You stuck out a hand protectively to stop Chanyeol from coming any further. “He’s a good kid, don’t scare or hurt him.”

“Are you sure you’re fine, Mei Mei?” Tao asked, putting his hands on your shoulders.

“Don’t touch my noona!” Kisook exclaimed, slapping Tao’s hands away from you.

“Tao, don’t,” you said warningly when Tao turned to the boy with a glare. You turned to Kisook with a soft expression on your face. “Kisook, they’re my friends. They won’t hurt you.”

“Come on Hanmi, let’s go back. We need to finish buying the clothes, and then we can go home,” Baekhyun smiled, as he took your hand into his.

“A-About that,” you began nervously. “I have a favor to ask of you guys.”

“Anything!” Chanyeol grinned happily.

“Kisook… he doesn’t have a place to go, so can he-?”

“No,” Chanyeol replied plainly, the same grin still etched onto his face. He took your hand, “It's time to go home.”

“Channie oppa, please!” you pleaded, whipping out the “Oppa” to help you out. You stood rooted and your spot and quietly added, “I… I know I’m not in my place to ask, but please, let him stay with me. Just for a week.”

“You’re right, you’re not in your place to ask, so don’t,” Kai replied with a hardened expression.

You smiled sadly at him and the others before bowing 90 degrees. “I’m very thankful for staying at your house the past night, and for the meal this morning.”

“Hanmi, what are you—?”

“This is where we part ways,” you continued, straightening up from your bow. “Thank you for your hospitality.”

“Hanmi! Don’t do this,” Chanyeol groaned, torn between wanting you to stay, and not wanting the kid.

“I can’t leave him,” you replied simply, wrapping an arm around Kisook’s shoulders. “I have enough money for the both of us, so you don’t have to worry. Maybe I’ll see you guys some time in the future.” You gave another bow goodbye. You mentally smirked at the horror struck faces of the Exo members, and you knew they would fall into your trap.

“Aish! Just bring the goddamn kid!” Kai exclaimed finally.

Bingo.

"You don't have to do it out of guilt," you shrugged, already mentally cheering victoriously. "The money my oppas gave me is more than enough."

“It’s not because of guilt, idiot. I’d be killed by Suho Hyung if we came back without you,” Kai growled. “Bring back the kid, and let Suho kick you out on his own.”

“Don’t worry, Suho won’t kick you out,” Baekhyun assured as he placed a gentle hand on your sho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter