Fact and Fiction

Exposed: The Secret Lives of EXO

 

"Rise and shine."

With a groan, Lay pulled his covers over his head to shield his eyes from the piercing sunlight streaming through the windows. He could swear that he had drifted off mere minutes ago, but Kris's persistent nudges clearly indicated that hours had passed since he had turned off his laptop. He trudged into the kitchen ten minutes later (after Kris had dragged him bodily off his bed with generous pokes in his already queasy stomach). With the exception of Kris, every member gazed back at him with blood-shot eyes. Luhan was sprawled atop his suitcase, Tao was slumped against the wall and Chen was on the verge of falling face-first into his bowl of rice. It seemed everyone had traded sleep for play and was paying the price.

"What's with you guys?" Kris frowned as he surveyed his half-dead members. "I thought you were all excited about going to Disneyland."

Lay let out a yawn and plunked onto the sofa. "Yeah, but what else can we do on an internet-free plane for seven hours if not sleep?"   

Shaking his head, Kris dragged Chen up by the collar, poked Tao in the ribs and gave Luhan's suitcase a well-aimed kick. Physical wake-up calls were one of the perks of being leader and one-by-one, the bleary-eyed members trailed after him.

*****

Somehow, they managed to make it to the airport  without mishap and it was with relief that Lay collapsed onto the airline seat.

"Hey, Lay," Tao elbowed him in the side, the shadows beneath his panda-eyes more prominent than usual. "Did you tell-"

"No," Lay snapped, adjusting his neck-cushion. "But I will if you don't stop bothering me."

"Alright, I will so just chill out..."

Lay knew from past experience that Tao was physically incapable of keeping his mouth shut once he was on a roll, so he shut his eyes and prayed for a few more minutes of rest.

"Hey, Lay." The whisper sounded mere seconds later. "You know Zephyrus, the writers for Walking Alone? They released a new story last night and guess who's the main character?"

"Don't care," Lay grunted, knowing Tao would tell him anyway.

"It was you."

He let out another grunt but curiosity eventually won out and he asked, "And who exactly is my... love interest?" Having read through half of Zephyrus's (extensive) fan fiction collection last night, he was well aware of the authors' penchant for romance.

Tao's lips widened into a cat-like smile and he nodded towards the seat across the aisle. "Luhan."

"What? But he's just a friend," he spluttered. "Besides, we're not even canon..."

"Does it really matter? It's just a story."

Lay made a face. "Yeah it kind of does, especially since I'm rooming with him for the next few days." He glanced over at Luhan, who was fast asleep, brown hair falling over his eyes. There was something about his sleeping features-the pink lips and ivory skin-that was soft and delicate and-Lay had to admit-very aesthetically pleasing...    

Shaking his head to dispel his ridiculous thoughts, he pinned Tao with an eff off or else glare and turned his back on the maknae.

 

*****

Fingertips danced across my skin. Lips pressed against my neck, soft yet insistent. Breaths lingered against my ear, the whisper sending deafening echoes through my body.

"Please..."

"Hey, can you come here for a second?" Luhan called from the bathroom.

Lay jumped and hurriedly closed the incognito browser window. They had finally made it to the hotel after wading through a sea of foreign fans (whose ear-splitting screams needed no translation). The silence upon their arrival had been sweeter than D.O.'s white chocolate fondues and Lay had taken the opportunity to pull up the fan fic that Tao had raved to him about throughout the flight.

"What's wrong?" he asked, padding towards the bathroom. He found Luhan before the gilded mirror, a frown on his face.

"Do you think they're ready?"  

"Excuse me?"

Luhan poked at his stomach. "My abs. Do you think they're ready for their American debut?"

"I don't-"

"Be honest. If you were a girl, would you go crazy if I did this?" Without warning, Luhan quickly lifted his t-shirt, exposing his surprisingly defined stomach before letting the cloth fall back into place.

Lay swallowed. "Uh sure, go for it." The bathroom suddenly seemed too small to fit two grown men and he muttered a quick excuse before hurrying away. 

 


Fact and Fiction

| Posted on May 18, 2012  | 8:16 pm |

I don't know how T does it. 

How can he look DZ in the eye after reading whatever-the-hell he scrounges up on fan fic websites (with neon green backgrounds)? I certainly can't do the same with LH, not since Zephyrus decided to addle my brain by melding beautiful prose with subject matter that I am not altogether comfortable with. Granted, stage names were used but the (extremely effective) first-person narrative is rather disconcerting. I'm starting to believe that my best friend would make a very attractive girl if he ever cross-dressed for sport.  Dangerous, dangerous thoughts to have when said best friend is practicing ab-flashing techniques just across the room. 

How the hell am I supposed to have fun at Disneyland when I'm clearly coming down with the crazies?

 

Tags: fml

| 0 Comments  | ✚ Leave a comment  |  Subscribe to RSS |  Laynicorn Project | 


BLOGROLL