Final.

Love Pain [Part 2]

 

It had been a week since Onew had discovered that Taemin had been cheating on him. He was still completely devastated. He couldn’t eat nor sleep, which made him look awful. He had a lost a few pounds and was tired all the time. When they weren’t working, he would just stay in his room and listen to music. The others were worried, but didn’t know what to do. Taemin spent his days feeling guilty and ashamed. Every time he tried to talk to Onew, the older one immediately shut him down. Jonghyun didn’t even try to talk to the leader, because he knew he was the one who had ruined everything. Minho and Key just tried to cheer him up, but he was still very depressed. Onew just couldn’t get over the fact that the one he loved had cheated on him. It was just too much to handle. He was afraid that he would never be able to forgive him. He just felt so stupid. Taemin meant the world to him. He had always thought that they would spend the rest of their days together. But now, he felt like no one could be trusted. It was the worst feeling ever.

He was once again in his bed, rehashing those dark thoughts. The others were in the living room, watching a movie. He could hear them laugh and talk and that made him even sadder. He felt so alone. He just wanted the pain to go away and everything to go back to normal. He almost wished he had kept his doubts to himself and stayed with Taemin. At least, he would still have someone by his side.

Another week went by and he still felt like hell. He was tired of being isolated. He needed to talk to Taemin for his own good and for the good of their group.

He decided to take action the following day, early in the morning. He knocked on the door of the room Taemin shared with Jonghyun. He heard someone walking and a few seconds later, he found himself face to face with Jonghyun. They both stared at each other, speechless.

“Is Tae here?” Onew finally found the courage to say.

“No, he’s in the backyard.”

“Okay…”

Onew immediately made his way there. He didn’t have to look far as Taemin was just sitting there on the ground. The younger one gasped as he saw his ex-boyfriend sit in front of him.

“What are you doing here?” Taemin asked, still in shock.

“We need to talk.”

“You want to talk to me???”

“Yes, I need to get on with my life and the only way to do that is to settle things between us once and for all.”

“I just want us to be together again…”

Onew felt his heart beat faster. There was nothing he wanted more in the world than to be with Taemin again.

“Why did you cheat on me?” he asked, already getting teary.

“I… I don’t know.”

“Was I not good enough for you?”

“You’re the most amazing person I know. I’m the one that was never good enough for you.”

“I don’t understand…”

“You have always been so kind to me. I don’t think I’ve ever deserved such kindness.”

“So you cheated on me, because I was too kind?” Onew asked, irritated.

Taemin didn’t know what to say. He knew nothing could ever justify him cheating on his boyfriend.

“I cheated on you because I wanted you to realize that you could do better than me, but as soon as you started asking questions, I immediately realized what a huge mistake I’d made. You’re the best thing that has ever happened to me and even though I was insecure, I should’ve never tried to push you away.”

Onew knew that Taemin wouldn’t deliberately hurt him, but cheating was cheating.

“I’ve never been in such pain before. You broke my heart.”

“I understand if you can’t forgive me.”

“Right now I can’t, but I want us to have a good relationship again. You’re the most important person in my life and that will never change”, Onew said. “I love you”, he added, crying.

“I love you too”, Taemin replied, his heart heavy. He jumped in Onew’s arms and hugged him tightly. He promised himself that he would never hurt him again.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Tried to give them a happy ending XD