I Couldn't Leave You Hanging

The Awkwardness Between Us

[A/N: I just want you commenters and readers out there to know, this chapter is solely dedicated to you. Because of your support and encouraging words, I felt like I should try to keep going, though at this point I'm not really sure where to go with anything. Maybe some cute fluffy stuff for Kryber? I dunno. We'll see. Enjoy chapter five!]

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTsAn5IlH0lYuqwOy9uvpM

She loves me. I'm so happy I could float away, pure bliss as my helium. Whenever I look over at her as we walk down the street, she looks at me, right at that same moment, and there's such a beautiful loving smile on her face that I want to plant a kiss on her perfect mouth right then. But we're in public, and PDA is very looked down upon here in Korea. It's fine that we're holding hands, good friends do that. She's rubbing a spot on my hand with her thumb as we walk, and shooting me those beautiful smiles of hers. Gosh. My heart might die from beating too much.

"Want to see a matinee at the theater?" I ask suddenly. Krystal beams at me.

"Yeah, I'd like that," she says, giggling a little. 

I drag her over to the theater and slap some money down on the counter. "Two adults, please."

The man behind the glass, totally uninterested, breaks off two hot pink colored tickets and passes them through the hole in the glass after taking my money.

"Enjoy your film," he says in a whiny voice, never looking directly at me. I don't care. I've got the beautiful Soojung on my arm.

"What did we just pay to see?" asks Krystal, smiling adoringly at me. 

I start to laugh. "I don't know! It's a matinee, maybe it'll be an older film?"

As it turns out, yes, it is an older film, from 1998. We sat down in two seats, right in the middle of the theater, and cozied down into them. Mine squeaked a little when I forced the seat down, and for the remainder of the show it made a tiny squeak whenever I moved the slightest. Krystal leaned against my shoulder, wrapping her arm around mine as we settled down to watch the show.

My Korean is getting better, but the characters in the title were still a little difficult for me to completely make out.

"What does the title say?" I whisper-ask Krystal in her ear.

She giggles. "It's called 'Christmas in August'."

That was probably the saddest movie I have ever had to sit through. The main character, a photographer named Jung-won, meets a girl named Da-rim, and before they can deepen their blossoming romance, he gets sick with a terminal disease (which they never name, by the way) and keeps this information from Da-rim, to keep her happy. In the end, though, he dies. It sounds so heartless when I describe it that way, but believe me when I say, there were tears from both Krystal and me.

"Poor Da-rim!" sniffed Krystal, dabbing at her eyes with a tissue. I nodded, wiping my nose with the back of my sleeve and rubbing the tears from my eyes.

"Maybe we should see something more violent next time," I say half-heartedly, helping Krystal up. I can feel something sticky on the bottom of my shoe as I her out of the dim theater and we walk out, blinking, into the bright sunlight.

"Krystal, Amber!" We both turn to see Sulli waving at us from a nearby storefront, Luna at her side looking less cheerful.

"What are you two doing?" asks Sulli, bouncing up to us happily and hugging Krystal from the side.

"Not much," smiled Krystal, shooting me a loving glance, which I blushed from.

Sulli laughed. "Nothing, huh? Did you just see the film playing for the matinee?" she asked curiously.

"Yeah, don't watch it," I blurt out. "It was the saddest movie I've ever seen, and I would never, ever watch it again. It makes you contemplate the reality of death too much."

Krystal swats my arm. "There's nothing wrong with contemplating the circumstances of death. You should always be prepared for anything, whether it's happy or sad."

"Yeah, well I know what the sadness feels like," huffed Luna. "Onew isn't even replying to my texts anymore."

"Aren't they practicing their dance routines all day?" I asked, remembering hearing something like that from somewhere.

Luna sighed. "I guess so. But it's not fun getting your hopes up for something romantic and then getting dumped flat on your face." She put her phone away, looking sad. I gave her a hug, patting her back as I cradled her next to me.

"Hey. He's just busy. Don't worry, you'll get some time with him before our short break is over," I assured her.

"You better be right," she mumbled grumpily. I let her go, giving her a goofy smile.

"Course I'm right," I said, remembering when Krystal had said those very same words to me.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSfAFvwQ7YHzpbIVQklETT

I roll over in bed to look at Amber softly snoring into her pillow, looking ridiculous with her face smushed up against it. But who am I kidding? I know that I love that adorable stupid llama face. I brush through her dyed-blonde hair with my fingers gently.

"I love you Soojung," she had whispered while squeezing my hand, right before she'd fallen asleep. Now she lay there, as awkward and dorky (the fans called her a dorkber, which I thought fit nicely) as at any other time. And adorable...and my heart...

Victoria has given us all sleeping pills to take every night, because every night this week, someone has had trouble sleeping over something, and she was sick of seeing one or two of us wake up with dark circles and a zombie-like type of behavior. I haven't taken my pill yet. I wanted to watch Amber sleep. 

"Pssst, Krys," Luna hisses across the space between the two king-sized beds at me. "Victoria will be upset if you don't take your pill."

"Then you'd better take yours too, Lune," I say sweetly. "Can't have you losing sleep over dino-brained Onew!"

"Stop your chatting!" roughly whispers Victoria, sitting up. "I wasn't kidding about all of us needing our rest!" She lies back down, then sits up again after a brief pause, "And you both better take your pills right now!"

*****

She's still passed out, sprawled all over her side of the bed like a flattened bug. I can't help smiling at how adorable she is in her overly-large t-shirt and boxer shorts. Her hair is messy and tangled, and a grunting snore emits into the pillow every few seconds when she breathes in. I love that sound. 

"Amber!" Victoria claps her hands loudly over Amber's head, but gets the smallest of reactions as Amber merely buries her head underneath her pillow and starts snoring again. "I'm not kidding, for the last time, get your lazy drugged out of bed and take a shower! We can't afford to wait on you today!"

"I can do it, Victoria," I offer our frustrated looking unnie. She rolls her eyes and nods. 

"Very well. Someone has to do it..." and she storms across the room to the large mirror by the door and starts primping.

I remove the pillow from covering Amber's head and begin to gently run my fingers through her short hair. It's soft and pleasant to touch. She barely stirs. So I rub her neck a bit before pinching both sides of her neck.

"Ow!" That woke her up. She looked mad, puffing her cheeks out as she rubbed her neck. "That hurt! Who did that?" She scowls around the room.

Smiling I bring her a cold wet washcloth and place it on her neck from behind. She jumps off the bed, spinning around.

"Go get in the shower, stupid," I say with a loving smile on my face. Her anger fades quickly into her dorky grin as she grabs her duffle bag and shuffles to the bathroom.

Victoria looks away from the full-length mirror for a moment. "That was...interesting," she said.

"It's easier for me to be mean because she'll forgive me more readily," I say sweetly, taking my make-up out of my bag.

Sulli and Luna trade looks before bursting into giggles. Victoria only rolls her eyes.

"Whatever gets results, I don't care, as long as we get somewhere on time for once."

[A/N: Yep, so just shower me with comments and maybe I'll try to find it in me to keep writing. I have no idea where to go with this! I think I need a co-author to help me out. But anyway, aren't you all glad I wrote at least one more chapter? :D]