Breakfast Club

The Awkwardness Between Us

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRibCU_XlfDDir7CSUwXn1

I can hear Amber snoring softly next to me in bed. Across the room Victoria is snuggled between Sulli and Luna, and because of the soft glow of the moon through the window, I can see their faces, all three of them, are so peaceful. I look at Amber again. She's buried so deep into her pillow it seems like she'll suffocate herself at any moment.

Very, very gently I brush her cheek affectionately. She stirs and moves her head a little, a tiny scowl appearing on her face before she buries it deeper into the bedding. It's hard to keep myself from giggling, but I'm proud that I can stay silent when the moment is so perfect to laugh. I'll have to about it in the morning.

I sigh softly and roll over onto my back, putting my arms behind my head and gazing up at the ceiling. There's nothing to look at up there, of course, and I wish I could see the sky outside, but...what would I have to contemplate?

My brain knows. Remember what Luna said? it asks me. And then I'm thrown into the memories of the day against my own will, because I hate living in the past and try to forget each day if it doesn't have something memorable in it.

Luna tugging on Sulli's shirt when we rushed to our dressing room after performing Electric Shock popped into my mind. And just like a movie, I began remembering that moment. 

Sulli was excited for Amber and me, so she said "You're so lucky that our fans are shipping you!" and then Luna came bouncing up to her with a teasing look, tugging on her shirt as she said, "But don't you know Ssul? Our fans ship you and Amber too!" And then Sulli blushed a little and I wanted to give them both a death glare, but I didn't want to become obvious...

Obvious? About what?

You know you felt jealous when Luna said that about Sulli and Amber.

But why should I? Sulli is my friend, and Amber's friend. We're all like sisters.

Shouldn't fool yourself, Soojung, said my mind. What you feel for Amber is not what sisters feel about each other.

The skinship is about being close to someone, comfortable with them...

Why? So you can be intimate? Siblings should be close, but not intimate. Intimacy is for two people who love each other, who are going to be together.

Together...

It may just be fanservice, but you know deep down that it has created something special between you and Amber. You feel that, right?

I don't want to feel it!

I sat up, breathing a little heavier than I expected, and Amber stirred, but this time she woke up, half-sitting by supporting herself on her elbows. She looked over at me, her hair messy and in her eyes. 

"Whasshappening?" she mumbled, before faceplanting back into her pillow.

I let out a little sigh of relief.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFzl7dkT4sZVXtnguKmh7

As we ate our continental breakfast in a private lounge, courtesy of the hotel, Krystal kept looking at me strangely, as though I was a ghost. She wasn't smiling at all today, very quiet, and being totally weird. At the moment, Victoria was discussing our next concerts, where we'd be traveling, and was then asking if any of us had any questions. Sulli, Luna and I shook our heads, but Krystal was spacing out (finally, it wasn't me for once!) and Victoria snapped her fingers at Krystal.

"Hey, Krystal! Hey!" she said, shocking Krystal to the present.

"Oh sorry, yes Victoria, I was listening. No objections here." She looked down at her cereal, pushing it around in the bowl with her spoon. I decided I would try the skinship thing without her starting it, and reached across the table and took her hand in mine. She looked up, her eyes wider than usual.

"Are you okay, Soojung?" I asked gently. She pulled her hand out of mine and placed it in her lap, shaking her head.

"I'm fine. I just had a difficult night trying to sleep."

Sulli poked my cheek. "Are you a bed hog, hyung?"

"Yeah, what did you do, Amber, kick her all night in your sleep?" teased Luna.

Feeling a little worried that her lack of sleep really was my fault, I looked at her. "Was it my fault?"

She looked up, then shook her head again. "No. I was just...nervous thinking about all the concerts we have left."

"Well," said Victoria, "I can ask the manager for some sleeping pills. You need your sleep, Krystal. We all do." Krystal nodded, still playing with her cereal.

"Let's go, girls," said Victoria, standing up with her empty containers and utensils. "We've got to hurry and get ready so we can get to the bus on time. Probably even a few minutes earlier so we can leave on schedule." She said this meaningfully, looking directly at me, and then left the table to get rid of her trash and used things.

Sulli popped up from the table, stuffing the rest of a banana in , and Luna quickly downed the rest of her juice before following her. Krystal had not moved. She seemed transfixed by the cereal in her bowl, which was really soggy and kinda gross to look at.

"Hey, Krystal," I said, getting up and walking round to her. I kneeled down, placing my hand on her arm. "Hey, look. I'm sorry you don't feel well. Would you like me to grab a few things to take on the bus? You won't do well with no breakfast in you." Krystal looked sadly at her bowl, and then I saw a tear forming as she dropped her spoon and cupped her face in her hands.

Shocked I stood up. "I-I'm sorry!" I said, not knowing what the heck was happening. "P-please, don't cry! What's wrong!"

"It's you, you stupid!" she cried, rubbing the tears from her eyes and giving me a scowl. "Stop being like that!"

"L-like what?" I stammered again, totally taken off-balance.

"Like that!" she said, and got up from the table, storming out of the private breakfast lounge. I stood, rooted to the ground in shock. What the heck was going on here? What had I done? 

For a moment, I could barely move or breathe as I thought hard about what it was I could have done. Then I saw the clock on the wall and nearly choked on air! "Oh crap! Victoria's gonna kill me!" I ran to the breakfast bar, took a couple muffins, a banana, an orange, and a box of orange juice and sprinted out of the private breakfast lounge, hoping to catch an elevator up to the room right away.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQb6bMdlDVbUV2NYUbkEUU

What is this feeling? I can't believe I had an outburst like that, not only in front of Amber, but at her! As I hurry down the hall to the hotel room, I'm wiping the stray tears from my eyes and cheeks and trying to look like I hadn't been crying just then.

Why on earth did her kindness bring out a reaction like that in me?

When I open the door Luna is helping Sulli fix her hair, and Victoria is missing. Probably in the bathroom fixing her hair and make-up so she looks nice. I'll have to do that too. The four of us have already showered. That stupid llama brained Amber always showers last, sometimes throwing us off-schedule, and she's not even back to the room yet.

Oh, that's right. I shouted at her and then left her in the lounge. I wonder what she's doing, if she directly followed me or just stayed down there, confused at my behavior.

But then..."You gonna go inside so I can come in and shower, or are we just gonna stand like this all day?" asks Amber behind me, trying to tease. I quickly move, going over to where my duffle bag sits on the bed by the window, the bed we shared last night. I start pulling out my make-up bag and my curling iron. As I'm doing this, a small brown paper bag drops beside my personal duffle bag and I hear Amber say, "There's a few things you can eat on the bus," before she grabs some clothing out of her bag and leaves to take a shower.

 

[A/N: Yay! Chapter two finished! I just have to ask, do you readers think I'm anywhere close to possibly portraying their personalities? Like, at all? Or is all this highly unbelievable? Please let me know in the comments below! Thank you for your readership! *bows*]