Part Time Job

(My Sweet) Panda Next Door

 

The sun has set when Tao and you reached the bar. “What is this place? Why’s a little girl here?” Tao worriedly asked. “I myself don’t know…” you replied. By then, you heard clacking noises nearing the two of you. You yanked Tao and both of you ducked so no one would see you. “Ow! What’s that for?!” Tao whispered, rubbing his temple. “You want to be mashed in pieces?!” you asked him angrily. Tao shook his head. *I told you… I can protect you, and I will…*

 
You popped your head out of your hiding spot to take a peek of what’s happening. You saw a little girl, by the age of 14, entering the back door of the building. You gasp, “What is she doing in here?!” you asked. “Maybe, she works in here?” Tao answered. *A part time job eh…? But of all jobs in the world, why does it have to be in this place that reeks of alcohol?!* You sighed and grabbed Tao by the wrist, “Eh? We’re going in?” “Well duh?!” you rolled your eyes. “But – “ Tao pointed at the signed embarked on the door -

 

 AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY.

 

 *Guess we have no choice…*

 

 

 The two of you busted your way in the bar. Luckily, no one was there, but the little girl. She was surprised at your presence. “Wha…” she mumbled with rounded eyes. Apparently, she was the dishwasher. She was washing plates, cocktail glasses and bottles. There were dirty dishes everywhere, and it seems like she can’t handle all the work by herself. She’s been pale since the two of you met. She had eye bags and she was feeling really weak.

 She stood there in bewilderment, “What are you doing in here…?” “We’ve followed you all the way here.” Tao said, looking around the busy room. You elbowed him, “What? It’s true…” he rubbed his arm. “That’s not helping!” you whispered. You shifted your gaze back at her, “Um… What’s your name?” Tao shot you a look. “This might be a bit weird, following you all the way here without knowing you name. He-he-he.” You said with a blank tone.

 “Yong-In…” she muttered. “What?” Tao and you asked at the same time. “No… Yong-In imnida.” Yong-In said. “Oh… Nice to meet you, Yong-In!” Tao beamed. “Nice to meet you.” Tao and you bowed.

 “So, uh… What brings you here?” you asked. “Will you… keep it a secret?” Yong-In asked with a sad face. “Sure! Come here…” you patted the seat to your right. She advanced forward but Tao blocked her way, taking the seat next to yours. “Tao!” “You seat there~!” Tao pointed the seat at your left. You spanked his leg, “That’s not very polite!” “But I want to seat next to you, Yunnie~” he made puppy eyes. *He gave me a nickname…* Blood rose to your face and your cheeks were burning.

 “Um, is he your boyfriend…?” Yong-In asked. “NO!” you answered immediately, still wearing an embarrassed face. “But we consider each other more than friends~” Tao cuddled you and rubbed his cheeks against yours. *Oh my God… Tao, what are you doing?!* Your face heated up like hell. Tao poked your cheeks, “See~?”

 You cleared your throat, “Enough. Let’s change the topic. So, uh… Why are you here again?” She stayed quiet. You looked at Tao and nodded, “Part time job?” She glanced at you and silently agreed. She sat near you and told her story -

 “My mother died when she gave birth to her only child… My father is in a terrible condition right now and we don’t have enough money to sustain his daily needs. I found jobs but I kept on losing them. Then one day, there’s this guy that offered me to work here. I did what he said and he gave me enough salary.”

 *Poor girl…* You pitied her. “So, how’d you get in school? I mean, SM High is a private school so I’m sure that the fee is expensive…” Tao pointed out. “He got me in the school,” Yong-In whispered, “He said if I kept on working for him, he would let me study and finish my studies. I was able to maintain good grades even though I have a part time job…” *He was like a brother to me…* “But then, my classmates knew about it and they kept on calling me a . I’m not even serving those molesters out there, I’m just washing dishes. I tried to tell them that, but no matter how I try… They won’t believe me.

 *She caresses so many problems and now the bullying was added. So much stress in her life. If only they knew what her situation is…* “I believe in you!” you smiled at her. “So, you don’t have any relatives to help you?” Tao asked. She shook her head as a reply. “Hey, what’s the name of your ‘boss’?” you asked out of the blue. “If I remember correctly… His name is Dong Hae…” Yong-In replied. *Dong Hae… wait! Surely there are a lot of people named Dong Hae in Korea other than that guy…* “What’s his last name?” you asked in mortification. “I think it’s – “

 Bang!

 The door flew open. An angry man was standing in front of the three. “What are you doing No Yong-In?! And who are you?!” he shouted at the top of his voice. Yong-In immediately stood up and bowed, “I’m truly sorry…” “You should be!!! Get back to work! We’re in the rush hour!” Yong-In went back to cleaning.

 Tao couldn’t stand it anymore. Why would they let a 14 year old do all these work?! She has a lot of other important things to do. He stood up in rage and shot the old man a look, “Why don’t you do it?!” Tao clenched his fists, ready to punch the guy anytime soon. You stood up and grabbed Tao’s muscular arms, “Tao… stop it.” You whispered.

 “Why don’t I do it? How do you expect an old man like me do all these work?” he pointed out to all the dirty dishes. *How do you expect a 14 year old girl to carry on like this?!* Tao’s fuse is at its limit. He ran towards the man but you stopped him. You spread your arms to both sides and protested, “I’ll do all the work!” Tao was shocked while Yong-In was stunned. The plate that she was cleaning fell on the dirty, wet floor and broke into many pieces. Tao’s eyes widened like he saw a ghost or lost his favorite Gucci bag.

 “You… what?!” Tao asked from behind. “If I work here, would you let Yong-In stop working?” you asked with determination. The man rubbed his chin and thought about it, “DEAL.” He smirked. His gaze shifted at Yong-In, who was still dazed, “Clean up that mess!” he banged the door.

 The whole room was quiet. The peace was disturbed when Tao spoke, “Why did you do that?! I was supposed to give him what he deserves!!!” he hissed.

 “Tao, stop it.”

 “Why did you want to work in this stupid place?!”

 “Tao, that’s not – “

 “I can give you enough money if you asked me! But why do you want to go through the hard way?!”

 “Tao…”

 “You working in here is not the only possible way to solve this solution!”

 You grabbed his shoulders and squeezed them, “Tao… Please understand. This is for Yong-In’s sake. I’m sure you would do the same thing as me other than hurting other people. I told you, right Tao? That fighting won’t solve anything.” He gritted his teeth. “Someone must take action if no one will… I will take full responsibility of it.” You said. Tao searched your eyes, you were serious. He was defeated and nodded silently. You smiled and leaned in until your forehead and Tao’s meet. “Good…” you whispered. His lips gently curved into a smile.

 

 That was the first time you two got too close with each other…

 

 You approached Yong-In who still can’t get over with what you said. Everything was so sudden. She was confused, everything got more and more complicated. “Hey…” you reached out for her hand. “Why…?” she sobbed silently. You crouched near her and hugged her tightly. “Why did you… W-Why did you do that…?” she choked with her every word. “You want your father to be healthy again, right?” you asked with a smile. She nodded. “And I’m sure that your father wouldn’t want the sight of his daughter working for him. He will get sad and this…” you pointed at her chest, “…will be broken.” “B-But…” she hiccupped.

 Tears blurred her vision. You wiped them gently and said, “Parents will guarantee what their children want. And I’m sure you don’t like this… He don’t like this either.” She choked, yet again. You rubbed her back to stop her choking. “Every parent wants to see their children to finish their studies… So you have to deal with that first, okay?” “But what about you?” she considered. “I’ll be fine!” you smiled at her. “And besides, I need money anyways~” you said with ease. Again, she hugged you and said “Thank you…” You hugged back. “And… sorry…” She added. “Its okay, that adds more adventure in life, eh?” you beamed. She sighed in relief. You glanced at Tao, who smiled at you. *Park Yun Hae… I’m really amazed… You’re such a strong girl… Like what your father told me…*



 *And it’s another advantage for knowing if it’s really him… Park Dong Hae…*





 “Sir, No Yong-In was replaced. She will now stop working on Moonlit Bar, but as stated in the contract, she will still be receiving her salary.”

“And who replaced her?”

“She’s been replaced with a young woman named Park Yun Hae.”

The unknown guy smirked, “That’s… good.


 


 

 Hey all! I'm back and made a double update! 

 Getting more fishy by the second, eh? =w=

 Anyways, I've made a Tumblr account for my cover pictures~ 

 New character's here! And her name is No Yong-In! I got the name by translating the Japanese name 'Yuuki' (which happened to be my name too) to Korean, as a result - Yong-In! 

 The new character named 'Park Dong Hae' is still being determined...

 Excited about this whole mystery? Then wait for the upcoming chapters~

 Oh yeah, I'mma give you spoilers... Kris will be the first person (Other than Tao) from EXO to debut!

 Tao knows Yun Hae's (your) father?! That's a shocker... 

 Anyways, thanks for reading this, uh, short (?) update! Comments are loved! <3

 READ, COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE!

 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 


 

D.O BIDS YOU GOOD BYE.