Chapter 5

Longing for Feelings

Since my mother taught me well about being dressed properly I knew what to look for. Unfortunately, Jongin didn’t tell me much about the occasion, he just said it was a party, so I decided not to go wild with colors and put on black.

It didn’t exactly turn out as I wanted but as soon as I saw this dress I fell in love. It was light pink strapless dress reaching almost to my knees, covered with black lace and a T-shirt length puffy lacy sleeves. Perfect dress.

I once again looked at myself in the mirror and smiled. I took Jongin’s advice and got some nice sleep for a past few days and my face looks better now. After putting some make-up, I made my hair a little wavy and fluffy and tight them in a loose, messy bun. For the last time I looked at the mirror and thought that I actually look pretty.

 

I came out of the bathroom and saw Jongin struggling with the button on the sleeves of his shirt. I hesitated if I should offer him a help.

'Maybe… you need… want me… to help you?' I asked not sure how to put it in words to not sound weird.

'How many times do you think I have done this? I can do it on my own,' he answered in his usual cold tone.

And as he said he did. The battle ended: Jongin 1, button 0.

'Are you ready?' he asked and started to put on his tie.

'Mmhm,' I mumbled and nod my head, even though he couldn’t see it since he wasn’t looking at me.

 

But I couldn’t help myself to not look at him. There was nothing special in what his was wearing. Just a simple black suit, white shirt and black slim tie. His bangs combed to the side, showing his forehead in a full glory. And the only thing I could think about was how handsome he does look. His expressionless face and cold stare only made him look even more godlike.

When he looked at me I felt weird again. My cheeks started to burn a little and my heart beat fasten.  Am I sick or something? Should I go to the doctor?

I felt a little shy and looked at the floor immediately.

'Let’s go,' he just said.
 

 

***

 

We didn’t share any conversation while sitting in the car. I wanted to say something but couldn’t think of any topic to discuss. And when I remembered that I don’t know the occasion of this event and wanted to ask him about it, we have already arrived.

To my surprise he walked over and opened the door for me. And I was even more surprised when I saw him reaching out his hand towards me to help me get out of the car. I slowly and hesitantly took it feeling it’s warmth. We walked inside the hotel and headed to the ball room. We barely took a step in when his parents noticed us and walked over. The next thing I knew was Jongin’s hand grabbing mine. He took my hand. We were holding hands. Something that never happened before. His skin was soft, delicate but the hold firm and manly. I felt that I was blushing a little from this sudden touch.

We had a small chat with his parents and then proceed to exchange polite bows with the people we knew and those we didn’t but his dad did and wanted to introduce us, well, his son to be specific. I was just a nice addition. It came to me when Jongin’s hand wasn’t holding mine anymore and when space around him got tighter and tighter that I needed to step back to actually have some air to breathe. Oh, yes. This is a business party, after all. He needs to meet people and get their attention. I wanted to tell him that I’m going to the buffet but that was not possible, so I just went.

I simply took a glass of wine and looked around. There was no one that I know. I sighed a little. What should I do?  I will be bored to death here.

And not wanting that to happen I went out to the balcony.

The night view of Seoul is really nice. Like the city is full of life but quiet and peaceful at the same time. Weather was also great. Warm and not windy. I took a deep breath, closed my eyes and smiled.

 

'I hope you are not going to jump off, aren’t you?' I heard a man’s voice.

I looked back just to see this ridiculously handsome guy. He was wearing similar suit as Jongin. Black, white shirt and black slim tie. Had slight smile on lips and stare that could kill; hands in pockets.

'N-no. I was just admiring the view.'

'I also like the night view of the city. It’s calming,' he said and stood beside me resting his arms on the handrail. 'But why are you standing here, admiring the view, instead of being inside and making some business? I guess that’s why all of those people came here for.'

'Nah, I’m just here…' Right, why am I even here? 'I’m just here as a companion,' I answered. That wasn’t the truth exactly but wasn’t a lie either. Or maybe I should have said that I’m someone’s wife and that’s why I’m here? 'How about you? Aren’t you going to make some business?'

'Nah, I think I will enjoy the night view here with you.' I blushed and smiled shyly. Is he picking me up? 'And it’s really boring inside. These people… Always talking about money. Plus work should be done at work, parties are for having fun. Don’t you think? And this is a party so since they can’t entertain me I would rather stay here with you, because it seems to me that you can entertain me perfectly,' he said and looked at me smirking.

His eyes were doing perfect job in bewildering me. I was just standing there stunned and blushing, not knowing what to say.

'Don’t you know that hitting on someone’s wife is something one’s shouldn’t do?' I heard familiar voice saying.

I turned my head and saw Jongin. I wanted to say that we were just talking but the man standing next to me was quicker.

'Kai,' he said.

Kai? Who is Kai?

'Tao,' Jongin said back.

Oh, right. I didn’t even ask for his name for this whole time.

'I was just keeping your wife company and entertained her with some chitchat, which you obviously couldn’t do. I think you should be grateful that thanks to me your wife is not bored to death here.' Evil smirk appeared on Jongin’s face. I could see that Tao is getting on his nerves but he didn’t show it. 'Besides, we both know that there is nothing going on between you two and your marriage is only something written on the paper,' Tao finished his speech, then looked at me and said: 'Hope to see you around soon.'

I smiled slightly and nod my head. Tao proceed to walk but stopped next to Jongin and patted his arm.

'Some nice piece of wife you got there,' he added and walked away flashing his enticing smile to me.

I looked back at Jongin. That man surely pissed him off.

'Come,' he said. 'Some people want to meet you.'

Shockingly, there was no anger in his tone. I was impressed, he really could control his emotions well.