October - Baekhyun and Chanyeol

Anywhere with You is Heaven

 

 

"Go to sleep already." Baekhyun mumbled against Chanyeol's chest. "It's almost three in the morning."

"I can't. I don't want this day to end." Chanyeol said, placing a kiss on Baekhyun 's forehead. They were on Chanyeol's bed. Earlier, Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun to sleep beside him when the shorter boy was walking towards his own bed after they went down from the rooftop. He just can't seem to let him go even for a moment.

Baekhyun telling him how much he loves Chanyeol is the best thing ever. Well, that and kissing him. Chanyeol thought with a heated blush and a derpy smile. He was still wide awake while Baekhyun is more than half asleep now.

He was supposed to be tired after all the running he did that night but he can't close his eyes because as the song goes... He doesn't want to miss a thing.

He wants to commit everything to memory. The way the soft night wind tousled Baekhyun's short hair as he was speaking of what he loved about the things Chanyeol hated. How Baekhyun's smile wobbled when he was telling him how much he loved his friends. And how he looked into Chanyeol's eyes when he told him how he felt.

He pulled the older boy closer to him, fitting his body snugly against his. He still can't believe that after the disastrous day he had, Baekhyun still ended up in his arms. It’s as if he finally found the thing he lost a long time ago. He was utterly content and complete. Chanyeol felt a prick of tears in his eyes but this time it was because he was so damn happy. So no, he's not ready to sleep yet.

"You... sleep... all day... tomorrow... later." Baekhyun murmured.  "School... love you." And then the shorter boy drifted off.

Chanyeol had to smile after Baekhyun's disjointed answer, especially at the last part.

"I love you." He settled his chin against the boy's forehead.

He had planned for weeks to confess only to have everything go wrong while Baekhyun's simple words made everything right. So maybe this time he'll not torture himself with planning and preparing for the perfect day. Maybe he'll just let his heart guide him. Because Chanyeol wants to make his confession, too. And he wants Baekhyun's heart to do the skipping and the thumping much like how his heart did when Baekhyun said I love you.

 

 

 

"Uhm, can you tell me why we're here at the bus stop at 6 am on a weekend?" Baekhyun asked with a yawn. "Because I thought Saturday mornings are for sleeping in."

"That's only for old people." Chanyeol teased.

"No. It's also for college students who have been swamped with homework the whole week. And for trainees who should be more tired and who shouldn't be so happy this early." Baekhyun leaned forward to sleepily rest his forehead against Chanyeol's shoulder.

"But I'm with you. Why wouldn't I be happy?" Chanyeol looked down and smiled. "Aren't you happy you're with me?"

"I would've been happier if I had just stayed together with my boyfriend in bed... uh, I mean-" Chanyeol felt Baekhyun bury his face on his chest as if he wanted to hide. He let out a small laugh and patted the shorter boys head.

"I know what you mean." He said softly. Sleeping in one bed with him is great but waking up into his boyfriend's arms is-- wait. "You're... you're my boyfriend now."

Baekhyun looked up, part of his face still pressed to Chanyeol. "Well, yes."

He had an overwhelming urge to snatch Baekhyun up and... And run away with him to the ends of the earth. He felt giddy. "Okay, boyfriend."

The bus arrived and Chanyeol took Baekhyun's hand. They entered and sat near the back, it was empty except for them and a dozing guy at the front.

"So where are we going?" The older boy asked as he settled on the seat by the window.

"Here." Chanyeol spread his arms to indicate the inside of the bus.

"Here? In the bus?" Baekhyun asked a little confused.

"Yes. Because you told me you love buses since you get to sit with me and I realized I really love it too, cause I get to sit with you. So here we are."

Chanyeol got a small laugh for an answer. "Yeah, here we are."

Baekhyun leaned his head on his shoulder. Chanyeol looked over the shorter boy's head and enjoyed the scene outside. It was still too early and the sun hasn't properly risen yet. There were little to none walking in the streets probably doing the sleeping in Baekhyun mentioned. "This is to make up for all the bus rides home I wanted to share with you but I couldn't."

"Maybe we should do this every Saturday then. But not as early." Baekhyun laughed again. They stayed there for a while, not really caring how many stops they already passed or how far they are now from their dorm. They can always find their way home because the bus travels on a loop anyways. Chanyeol hoped that he and Baekhyun could be the same. Even if there comes a time when they have to part they will always come back to find each other, no matter how many lifetimes it takes.

They alighted on a random bus stop. Neither too near nor too far. They had breakfast on a small cafe, Chanyeol buying strawberry waffles with extra cream just as Baekhyun liked it.

"We should come back here some time, too. These are awesome." Baekhyun said in between bites.

"You love anything with strawberries." Chanyeol remarked, happily watching the older boy eat from across him. "I'm sorry, they don't have strawberry cakes. I also wanted to buy you one last Thursday but the bakery closed just as I got there."

Baekhyun looked up from his plate. "Was that why you said you hated bakeries?"

"Yeah."

"Silly Chanyeol." The older boy dipped his hand a little on the cream and playfully swiped it on the tip of his nose. Chanyeol's heart stilled and then thudded heavily on his chest. Why does this feel so familiar?

He has been having these strange feelings lately. He gets nervous easily when he's apart from Baekhyun, when he feels as if every moment they were together was their last.

And then there are times like now when his heart would tell him that he's been here before, that he's done this but no matter how hard he wracked his brain no memory surfaces.

"Chanyeol?" He blinked and saw Baekhyun leaning towards him wearing a curious frown. "What is it?"

"Nothing. It's nothing." He smiled so Baekhyun won't worry.

They finished eating and just went around walking and talking, then riding the bus again. Chanyeol's anxiety earlier dissolving under Baekhyun's musical laughter and warm smiles.

 

 

It was near sun set when Chanyeol brought Baekhyun to the last bus stop before they come home. Chanyeol stirred the shorter boy to a familiar direction.

"Are we going to Kyungsoo's?" Baekhyun asked as they walked hand in hand. They were now in the park close to their friends' dorm.

"Not really." Chanyeol answered. He was busy looking this way and that. It's near here, I know it.

"Chanyeollie, what are you looking for?"

"I'm looking for... there!" He said excitedly as he pulled Baekhyun towards the middle of the path. "Found it."

They stopped walking when they reached the spot Chanyeol was pointing at earlier. He turned so he was standing face to face with Baekhyun. "Here!"

Baekhyun looked around and returned his curious gaze to Chanyeol. He tilted his head as if in question why are we here? He was so adorable that Chanyeol couldn't help but draw him into a hug.

"This is one of the most special places in the world for me." He said against Baekhyun's temple.

"Why?"

"Because this is where I found heaven." Chanyeol pulled back a little and looked down at Baekhyun. "I was very sad that day. As I was going home, it started to rain. I had no umbrella and I was getting soaked so I ran. Although I was half grateful because the rain beating down my face hid the fact that I was crying."

"Why were you sad?" Baekhyun looked so concerned that Chanyeol fell in love with him again.

"Because... I thought I lost the only thing that could ever truly make me happy." He held on to Baekhyun's hand and placed it over his heart. "But then... don't you remember? That day... This is where you fell into my arms."

Baekhyun glanced down at the spot they were standing in. When he looked back up, Chanyeol saw his eyes were a little bright with tears. "How can I ever forget?"

"I never knew what it felt like until that moment. So although I've come to realize that heaven is anywhere with you, I still think that this is the perfect place to do this." Chanyeol took a deep breath and looked into Baekhyun's eyes.

"I wanted to confess to you the other day because I heard that a comet is twice as bright as a falling star. So I figured it could grant wishes twice as true. I wouldn't have wished that you love me. Because you can't wish a heart what to feel. That's stupid. I would've just asked that we stay together for always. So I could spend all our lives making you fall in love with me."

"And I know forever is a long time so here..." Chanyeol took off the angel necklace and placed it around Baekhyun's neck. "This has always protected me and now I'm giving this to you. This way it can protect you instead."

Baekhyun touched the pendant in awe. "But how about you? If you give this to me then..."

"Don't mind me. I'd rather you have it. Because I can take everything that the world will throw at me, anything at all, except for losing you."

Again. His heart whispered. I don't want to lose you again.

"Oh, before I forget." Chanyeol said a little teasingly to ease the lump in his chest. "I love you, Baekhyun."

Baekhyun stood on his toes to wrap his arms around Chanyeol's neck and placed a kiss on his jaw. "You don't know how much I'm wishing that there's a stack of magazines here right now."

Chanyeol laughed, embracing his boyfriend tighter. "You really make me happy."

"You make me happy, too. Since you gave me your angel, I'll be yours instead so there will still be someone to protect you."

"But that will defeat the purpose..." Chanyeol started to complain.

"No buts. Chanyeol, do you think I would want to lose you, too?" Baekhyun threw him a mock solemn look. "Anyway, we do have a failsafe. I have my wushu god brother on speed dial. I can put him in yours, too."

Chanyeol laughed in exasperation. His confession was getting out of hand. "Baekhyunnie, going back. I have yet to hear you say it again."

"Say what?"

"You know..." Chanyeol said hesitantly. "I said I love you and then, well, you were supposed to say-"

"Oh, yes. Silly me." Baekhyun beamed at him and said, "Thank you."

"Uh, okay." Chanyeol was a little disappointed which was stupid. Baekhyun already told him he loved him a lot of times, he really doesn't need to say it again.

"And... I love you, too." Then Baekhyun sealed it with a kiss, fitting his soft lips against Chanyeol's. He could only put his hands on Baekhyun's arms and hold on tight.

Heaven, he thought for the millionth time. Heaven.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Sorry for not updating for the past week.
I had the most infuriating writer’s block that I couldn’t fully shake off up until now…
So although I wanted to write... I just couldn’t.
(Add on top of that the lack of Baekyeol inspiration..T__T)
I’m sorry, too if you’ve waited and then I can only come up with this short chapter... which is really not too good at all.. I know I could have written this better but I figured I had to start writing to get the feels back... so here... I humbly offer you this chapter...
Thanks for sticking with me though and thanks for the new subbies…<3
Sorry for dousing you with all my drama... (the a/n is longer than the chap..OTL)
Hopefully the next chapters will come easily to me.
The series will end soon… sob sob.. but I have a new one in draft (it has been in, like, forever) Hope everything goes well with that, too.
 
PS TO ALL THE NEW READERS, COMMENTERS, SUBBIES..OMG GUYS, REALLY, THANK YOU.:))