PROLOGUE

Anywhere with You is Heaven

 

Chanyeol was excited. He was finally going to hear Kyungsoo sing in public again for the first time in five years. He was glad that Jongin and his friend were able to patch things up and they couldn't be any sweeter. Which actually turned out to be a problem of sorts for him because the couple sitting on his right didn't want to be outdone. Sehun resolved to force his and his boyfriend's overly disgusting sweetness down their throats. Chanyeol didn't really mind it at first as the two couples were trying to out-sweet and to out-cute each other but being surrounded by two couples in love--especially if you were alone--was kind of frustrating.

He sighed. He was tired being a third wheel (or was it the fifth?).

The tall boy was distracted from his thoughts when he heard Luhan's reply to Sehun. "Because it will be a duet."

"But why? Isn't it hyung's song?" Sehun asked.

"Yes, but it was kind of a last minute decision for Kyungsoo to sing. We already got a boy to sing for him originally. He's actually a friend of Joonmyeon and he's gonna formally transfer here next year. He's really a great singer. His voice is quite heavenly."

"Your voice is heavenly." Sehun gave Luhan a peck on the cheek.

"I already know that." Luhan laughed. "And besides Kyungsoo was still nervous about going on stage so he really was grateful to have somebody duet with him instead of him singing alone."

"Well, I hope everything turns out great." Chanyeol commented.

"I already heard them practice and the little boy was really good. And pretty, too." Jongin said from Chanyeol's left.

"He's not as little as all that. He sure is pretty, though."

Chanyeol saw Sehun frown from what Luhan said.

"You're cute when you're jealous." Luhan giggled and it was his turn to kiss Sehun. Jongin and Chanyeol looked at each other and just rolled their eyes at the couple. But Jongin was soon distracted when the emcee spoke and introduced the next performers. Chanyeol looked sideways at the younger boy as Kyungsoo's name was announced. He looked so proud and so in love.

Chanyeol was too busy feeling envious so he wasn't prepared when he heard an angel sing.

 

deoneun mangseoliji ma jebal
nae simjangeul geodoo-eoga

 

Chanyeol turned to look at where the voice was coming from. There on the stage was the most beautiful person he had ever seen.

They say that love can happen in a blink of an eye. Chanyeol could honestly say that wasn't true because when it hit him, he couldn't even blink. It was like his eyelids became paralyzed and he couldn't look away.

"What..? Who?" Chanyeol couldn't complete his question, tongue-tied and breathless.

Luhan looked curiously at him. "You mean who is that? Tsk. weren’t you listening? He's Joonmyeon's friend. His name's Byun Baekhyun."