I want to change my bodyguard!!

My Bodyguard Princess

One reason why Byul was so immune to seduction and charm was because she had seen too much of it.

When she hadn't entered Military Academy, she had many proposals sent to her house because of her beauty. Even though her family was poor, and she didn't wear anything other than men's clothes, she was still the apple of many eyes.

She didn't find interest in dating or love, for that matter. And when those eligible bachelors came proposing and asking for her hand, she was absolutely relieved that her mother gave her the choice to choose.

Which was pretty nice and understanding since their family had been struggling to keep ends meet, and if Byul just married into a rich family, all would be solved.

Given the chance to determine her own future, Byul rejected every one of the proposals. She knew they didn't love her for who she was, but her looks.

If she just let any of them near for a longer period of time, these men would be scared off by how different she was. None loved her for who she was.

And as she entered the Military Academy, things got worse. How could it not, when she was the only girl amongst the sea of men?

All attention were placed on her and many of them tried to woo her. And some were rather good looking too. Like Kyuhyun who was marvelous at shooting, and Sungmin who was amazing at defending.

Hence Byul found that all male charms had virtually no impact on her since she was sooooooo used to it.

And she could only look at the Crown Prince in front of her with bored eyes.

"As long as you protect me well and not let me get hurt like the twins did," Baekhyun said, referring to his previous bodyguards.

"I'll repay you well with jewels and nice dresses, Byul." Baekhyun convinced. "You like dresses, Byul? I'm sure you don't like wearing that male uniform!"

Byul wrinkled her nose indignantly. "In fact, I do, Jeonha." she replied, thinking she should just throw the honorifics away. "And you don't need to give me anything other than my required wage."

Baekhyun frowned. This girl was too cold for her own good!

"You're such a hard nut to crack! In just being friendly!" Baekhyun frowned, trying to pull the guilt trip.

Unfortunately, Byul didn't fall for it.

"And you should stop trying to flirt with all the female maids." Byul muttered. "I swear, guys who play with girls are worse than ."

Baekhyun's eyes widened. "What did you say?"

He stood up and strode to Byul. "How can this be a piece of ?" e gestured to himself. "I'm one fine specimen of a guy. In fact, one of the very best. Don't you dare refute that."

"In fact, I do dare." Byul looked at him challengingly. "You're supposed to be the next ruler of this land. But if you continue behaving like this..." she trailed off tauntingly.

Even Baekhyun had to swallow a little.

"I can only bring myself to call you ddong-ha." Byul finished.

(Ddong = )

"Whaaaaattt??" Baekhyun shrieked. "Say that again?"

"Okay." Byul nodded. "Ddong-ha."

"You're insulting the next Emperor of Korea, do you know what you're even doing?" Baekhyun reached out to grab her shoulders for her to look at him.

Instead, Byul caught his hand and quickly twisted it at an awkward angle that made him howl in pain.

"Oops did I forget to add? No touching, Ddong-ha." Byul grinned.

Baekhyun glared at her. "HAN EUNBYULLLLLL!!!!!"

 

 

"Abeoji!!!! I want to change my bodyguard!" Baekhyun shrieked.

After his hand had been expertly twisted by Byul, Baekhyun had screamed his lungs out, demanding the Imperial physician.

Not only did the culprit of his pain not help him, Byul laughed at his sorry state and called him Ddong-ha again. Seriously!!

He got his arm fixed with ointment and immediately rushed to his father's quarters. Byul had to follow because she was his bodyguard, but she didn't seem to mind his anger.

In fact, it seemed like she could t wait for him to complain about her do that she could be transferred away.

"Why?" the King asked confusedly. "I thought your mother just brought her to you less than a few hours ago."

Baekhyun grumbled under his breath. "Yes she did." he hissed. "And in these few hours, that girl managed to injure my arm!!" he held out the faint bruise.

The King's brows shot all the way up as he stared. "How did she do that?"

"She twisted my arm!" Baekhyun declared angrily. "That violent tomboy woman!!"

The King blinked at him for a bit, not even able to speak. Baekhyun smirked in triumph.

His father must have been so shocked about what transpired that he could not think of anything to say. Han Eunbyul was one piece of dead meat right now.

"Hahahhahah!!" The King bursted into laughter unexpectedly, slapping his thighs in the process. "She did?"

Baekhyun frowned. "Why are you laughing Abeoji?" he retorted. "You should punish her!"

He huffed angrily and paced around the room. "You know what she did?" he growled. "She not only refused my offer of jewels and fine cloth, she also insulted me by calling me Ddong-ha! Can you believe it? Call the Crown Prince a piece of ?"

The King laughed louder. "Ddong-ha? Hahahahahaha ingenious!!"

"Abeoji!!" Baekhyun frowned, not getting why his father was laughing so madly.

The Queen came into the room soon after with tea. She blinked at her husband who was laughing his head off, and blinked confusedly.

"Something good happened?" she asked, wondering.

"Yes, My lady." the King chuckled, wiping tears from his eyes. "This new bodyguard of Baekhyun managed to resist his seductions, call him a piece of dung and even twist his hand within a few hours!"

He looked at his wife. "This girl is gold, My lady!"

The Queen smiled. "Told you so, my lord." she chuckled. "Han Eunbyul isn't anything like other girls."

"Sure she isn't." Baekhyun scowled. He didn't even want to try seducing her anymore in fear of him getting hurt again.

"Omonim, can you change my bodyguard?" Baekhyun pleaded. "I don't want Han Eunbyul!"

The Queen shook her head, laughing. "Too bad we can't, Baekhyun." she smiled. "Even if there were other people available, we wouldn't change our bodyguard either. Byul's the perfect one for this job!"

"Your mother is right, Baekhyun." the King nodded. "Han Eunbyul shall be your bodyguard. No changes allowed."

"ABEOJI!" Baekhyun whined.

*I just hope she doesn't break the woke of my body by the end of the week.* Baekhyun thought, scowling.