I'm sorry

My Bodyguard Princess

"So...what do you want to talk about?" Baekhyun shifted uneasily.

Dahae and Baekhyun were at the corner of the Hall while the rest of the EXO princes were getting the carriages ready and buckling up the stallions.

The princes were going for a show at the Royal Theatre for a Traditional Korean Play, a special treat for the princes who had blessed Korea with their presence.

They were all getting ready at first, and even the EXO-K princes were looking excited for their little outing. Byul looked the most thrilled since she always walked past the theatre and wondered what it was like inside. Now she got a chance to see it for herself.

They were all getting ready to go, when suddenly Dahae pulled Baekhyun to the side, wanting to talk to him.

Baekhyun scratched his head confusedly, looking at her. "So yeah?" he probed again. "What did you want to talk about, Dahae?"

Dahae wheeled around to look at him and bit her lip. "I know this may sound like I'm a pompous person but...I really hope you'll help me Jeonha." she sighed weakly. "Please?"

Baekhyun blinked. "Huh?"

"Can you not bring Byul along for the outing today?" Dahae looked at him earnestly. "Please?"

"WHAT?" Baekhyun blurted in shock. He flustered for a few moments, wondering where this came from. "Why would I not bring Byul? She's my bodyguard! And she's really excited for the play and-"

"I know." Dahae cut in, looking at Baekhyun pleadingly. She glanced at the rest of the princes and saw Chanyeol , Chen and Tao talking to Byul with smiles all on their faces.

"Look." she pointed. "Have you seen the other princes talking to me like that? The princes aren't paying me attention at all, because Byul is around."

She looked at Baekhyun wistfully, looking as sad as she could. "It doesn't help that the EXO-K princes already favor Byul over me." she explained. "But now the EXO-M princes are even more obvious. I don't get why I'm Royalty and I don't seem to fit in with them. Why do they dislike me?"

"They don't." Baekhyun assured before she burst into tears. "They just uh...." he blanked.

"I feel left out, Jeonha." Dahae looked at him. "If you just don't bring Byul, maybe it's going to be better. She's occupying all their attention right now. If you could just leave her in the Palace, then I won't feel so left out. Please, Jeonha?"

Baekhyun never felt so torn in his life. Not only did he know Byul wanted to go to the theatre, but he wanted her there as well. He wanted to see her pleased an delighted expression when she watched the play. He wanted to hear her exclaim and blabber about the new things she was going to see.

But this was Dahae he was talking about. This was the Dahae he was supposed to be in love with. And when she phrased it like that....it's hard to say no.

"Fine." Baekhyun sighed, feeling bad. "Fine I'll find another bodyguard."

-----

"Huh? Why?" Byul looked so surprised, so hurt. "Why do you want me to find another guard to go with you? Why can't I go with you?"

Baekhyun struggled to find the right words. He couldn't bear to look at her, oh gosh.

"Uhm....it's not safe outside. So you better stay at the Palace." Baekhyun tried to convince her, but he was barely believing his own words. "I just want to bring another guard."

Byul looked at him in total confusion. "But the play..." she wanted to cry. She so wanted to go for it. She looked forward to it the moment Baekhyun told her that they were going.

"It's not good enough a reason to not bring Byul, hyung." Chanyeol frowned, looking at Baekhyun. "She doesn't deserve to miss out on a treat like this."

Baekhyun swallowed. He saw Dahae looking at him expectantly from the side. "I...it's just settled like that. Han Eunbyul, you're not going. I'll find another bodyguard if you don't find me one."

And it was settled. Dahae's smile was so bright as she settled between Chanyeol and Baekhyun, laughing and smiling with the EXO-M princes.

Baekhyun felt his stomach churn uncomfortably as he looked out of the tiny window and saw Byul watching them go. He turned and saw Eunhyuk, his temporary guard, looking at them in confusion, suddenly being called in as a bodyguard.

Baekhyun swallowed, clenching his hands. *Im sorry Han Eunbyul. I really am.*

 

 

 

"HAHAHAHAHA!!! Did you see that? That was the funniest expression I've ever seen!" Xiumin laughed loudly together with the rest of the princes.

"Totally!" Lay slapped his thighs. "This play is really awesome Baekhyun-gun!"

Baekhyun smiled distractedly. He turned his attention to the play and watched the scenes unfold.

"Who's that guy?" he whispered over to Kris. Kris looked at him in surprise. "That's the main character who's been there from scene one. You haven't recognized him till now?" he snorted.

"Oh haha. Just testing you." Baekhyun settled back into his seat. He tried focusing on the play that was supposedly world class acting and totally hilarious, but he couldn't get a single thing in his head.

*I wonder what Han Eunbyul is doing.* Baekhyun wondered to himself, staring blankly at the stage. *She looked so disappointed that she couldn't come. Would she be alright?*

Baekhyun glanced at Dahae who was still being chucked at the side by the EXO princes. Whether or not Byul came didn't matter. They didn't like her, that was that.

And Baekhyun was getting a little tired of Dahae's little antics.

"I should have brought Han Eunbyul." he whispered to himself. "I'm sorry."

 

 

 

"So how was the play?" Byul asked enthusiastically, faking a wide smile.

"It was fantastic!" Sehun beamed. "I laughed so many times I think my jaw's dropping off now." he massaged his mouth.

Luhan rolled his eyes and whacked the younger Prince's head. "It's not going to drop."

"I'm sorry you weren't there, Byul." Lay looked at her. "It was really awesome."

"Ah. Haha. I...enjoyed time lazing off too." Byul shrugged, trying not to show her disappointment. She smiled at them. "I'm glad you guys had fun."

"Wish you had been there Byul." Chanyeol murmured. Dahae sulked at the corner, throwing a tantrum when no one paid her attention. Which is the same reason why no one knew she was throwing one as well.

Baekhyun and Byul returned to his quarters as the others went back to their residences. The EXO-M princes went to stay in one of the spare residence housing.

They entered the residence and Byul looked at Baekhyun. "I'll ask the maids to send your dinner." she notified, turning to go.

Baekhyun's hand shot out to stop her before he even knew what he was doing. Byul turned to look at him curiously.

"I...I'm sorry." he blurted. "I shouldn't have made you stay in the Palace especially when I knew how much you wanted to go."

Byul bit her lip, feeling the regret wash over her again. "It's oka-"

"I'm sorry I listened to Dahae." Baekhyun cut her off. "I shouldn't have. I wanted you there Han Eunbyul. I'm sorry you weren't."

Byul blinked for a moment. "I...kind of figured it was Dahae gongju." she shrugged. "When she was glaring at me do intensely it was hard to miss."

She faked another smile. "It's okay. Somewhere like that isn't meant for people like me anyway."

"No." Baekhyun looked at her. "I'll bring you to the theaters again next time. I'll make them perform the play just for the two of us." he promised.

Byul looked at him, surprised and amused. "You can't do that."

"I can." Baekhyn bragged. "I'm the Crown Prince! If I want to open the theater for Han Eunbyul I'll do so!"

He smiled at her. "Forgive me for today?"

Byul grinned and punched his arm playfully. "There wasn't anything to forgive, Ddong-ha."