Times with EXO-M

My Bodyguard Princess

The arrival of the EXO-M princes into the Palace was one reallllllllly large thing and soon every one was talking about it. The maids and court attendants were trying to catch glimpses of the handsome princes that came from China.

And they soon found that handsome-ness was global. These boys were really good-looking. Perhaps not really. Extremely might be a better fitting word.

When Byul had a chance to speak to a few other maids during her lunch break after she bade goodbye to Chanyeol, she found that the topic of conversation never trailed away from the EXO-M princes.

"Omo omo I can't believe the EXO-K princes had such good-looking distant relatives!" Sulli spazzed. "It must run in the genes!"

"It must be a sight to behold huh, if you see them twelve at the same time." Krystal sighed dreamily. "Wish I could see. I only saw one of the princes called Chen or something. And one of them was already able to make me stare at him with my mouth wide opened."

Byul smiled, amused. Were all other girls like this?

"How are the princes? What are they like?" Luna nudged her, interested. "Are they nice? Or are they scumbags underneath? Ohhh I wish I was a bodyguard like you, Byul! You're so lucky!" she looked at Byul enviously.

Byul raised her brows. Getting whipped after saving Baekhyun from the brothel, hurting her leg from Baekhyun's prnaks, having to eat cyanide poison to save Baekhyun.... "Lucky." Byul repeated under her breath.

She shrugged. "They're pretty normal." she told the girls. "At least, that's how I find them. A little childish and dorky as well." she grinned. "And to tell you the truth, a little weird. Especially the martial arts one, called...what. Tao?" she laughed. "Other princes like riding horses and playing games, and this one liked strolling along the beach. Alone." she giggled. "And to think he's the youngest of the EXO-M princes."

"But he's really cute looking don't you think?" Victoria asked, smiling. "Too bad they're all so young!" she pouted. She looked at Byul. "But I really don't mind taking your place as bodyguard, Byul."

"Yeah." Sulli nodded. "When you were transferred over as Jeonha's bodyguard, you were already the luckiest of them all, being able to spend time with Jeonha all the time! And not only that the EXO-K princes always come to visit so you'll be able to see them too. And now the EXO-M princes!" she sighed dreamily. "You live a good life, Byul."

Byul chuckled, shaking her head. Now that she thought of  it, being Baekhyun's bodyguard wasn't exactly an easy task. But she liked doing her job. And she liked spending time with the princes, she liked spending time with Baekhyun.

Byul bit her lip. "I think so too."

...

"BYULLLL~~~ I heard the EXO-M princes are here! Don't you dare fall for any of them!" Eunhyuk came running towards them, pouting as he saw Byul.

Byul immediately raised from her seat and grabbed her sword. "Ekkk!! This one's scarier than any assassin when he's behaving like this! Bye!" she slipped away before Eunhyuk caught up.

Eunhyu reached the other maids and panted. "What the? Why did she run away? Doesn't she know I'm joking?" he frowned. "I'm not so dumb to try to steal a girl from the Crown Prince and Prince Chanyeol." he muttered.

"What did you say?" the maids looked at him with wide eyes.

Eunhyuk slapped him own mouth. "NOTHING!" he beamed innocently. He mentally smacked himself. *Lee Hyukjae, keep your observations to yourself!*

 

 

 

"Korea really feels different from China." Tao commented, enjoying the breeze and watching the trees sway. "As the saying goes, the grass always seems greener on the other side."

The other princes rolled their eyes at the EXO-M maknae. "Puh-lease Tao, stop acting profound and like you're eighty." D.O. snorted. "It's so disturbing."

Kai looked over at the EXO-M princes. "Is he always like this?"

"Always." They responded in unison.

"I wanna eat bibimbap and ox bone soup!" Chen his lips, swallowing hard. "And Budae Jjigae and Dalbak and haemultang..." he almost drooled. "Omo, I'm hungry now."

"Just wondering, can you cook, Byul?" Xiumin looked at Byul in interest. "Can you cook buns? I love buns!" he declared proudly.

"That's because you look like one." Lay muttered under his breath.

"I can cook buns!" Dahae chirped, wanting to join the conversation as well. She had been feeling rather left out since the China princes arrived. They were enthusiastic and straight forward, very much like the EXO-K princes but just a little distant from her. And they didn't exactly pay attention to her either, very much like the EXO-K maknae.

"I'll cook buns for you if you like, Xiumin-gun." Dahae smiled kindly, hoping to portray some type of Mother Theresa image.

Xiumin blinked at her. "I want to eat buns made by Byul. Not you." he blurted.

"Xiumin!" Kris hissed. "Not so straightforward, especially to a girl." Xiumin pouted and looked at Kris. "What. Now you're talking to me about being polite? Pshhh."

"So can you cook then, Byul?" Lay probed, looking interested.

Byul bit her lip sheepishly. "Not exactly. I can boil water." she said hopefully. "And I made coloured buns once."

"And they were delicious!" Chanyeol added with a smile.

All eyes turned to Chanyeol in surprise. "You ate Byul noona's coloured buns before?" Sehun blurted, his voice full of envy.

Chanyeol pinked. "Uhh...she made it for Baekhyun hyung but hyung didn't want it so I ate it." he explained. "It was good."

"Why did you make it for Jeonha?" Dahae leaned over suspiciously, frowning at Byul.

Byul played with her fingers. "I said something wrong and wanted to ask for forgiveness that's all." she shrugged. Baekhyun lowered his eyes to the ground, remembering how foolish and ridiculous he was.

He sighed softly. "I regret not eating the buns." he murmured.

Byul looked at him surprised. Aslow smile curled onto her lips."You sure missed out then."

The EXO-M princes looked at each other with smiles on their faces. Hmm...

"Hey aren't you guys bored? Want to hear my skills on the guzheng? I've practiced a lot on it!" Dahae piped up, feeling that the focus conversation had left her long enough.

"Ehh no thanks." Luhan frowned. "Our mother plays it too. We're sick of it."

Tao looked over at Byul. "Show your swordplay skills again." he blurted. "And let's have a rematch!"

The princes crowded around Byul, all interested and asking for pointers. 

Dahae frowned as she watched Baekhyun and Chanyeol shower Byul  with attention. 

One: the guy she likes. 

One: the guy who liked her and has always been there. 

Both. She was losing both to Byul. 

*Just what's so special about that ?* Dahae thought enviously.