Bratty Baekhyun

My Bodyguard Princess

"Oh look! We have a letter from EXO-M!!" Sehun leaped happily as the court attendant passed him a velvety looking envelope.

The EXO-K princes crowded around Sehun enthusiastically, wanting to hear about the letter. Even Baekhyun who was usually sour if Byul was around, actually brightened at the aspect.

Byul tugged on Chanyeol's sleeve and looked at him curiously. "Who?" she whispered.

Chanyeol chuckled at her confused expression, one that told him she didn't like to be in the dark about things. "EXO-M are our relatives in China." he told her. "They are related to the Korean Royalty since several princesses were married over to China in the past."

Byul nodded. "Ahh..."

Sehun cleared his throat and all of them became quiet. What a strange sight for the maknae to become so commanding huh.

"Dear EXO-K princes," Sehun read. "How are you guys? Having fun flirting, Baekhyun?"

Baekhyun scowled.

"Chanyeol still loves martial arts so much? How about D.O. and his love for horses? Kai don't bully your dongsaeng all the time and Suho keep an eye on Kai. That boy's a handful!" Sehun laughed as he read.

He clapped his hand and stuck his tongue out at Kai. "Haha see? Even they know about it!"

Kai made a face and snatched the letter over. "Aish you're making it up!" he murmured. His eyes scanned the lines and found that Sehun had been reading exactly as it was written.

Kai froze and narrowed his eyes at Sehun. "Just what have you been sprouting to them?"

Sehun snatched the letter away and wagged his finger. "Don't bully me or I'll tell Han hyung!" he warned cutely.

He settled down again and continued reading. "So where was I? Oh yeah." he grinned. "China's pretty fun since it's our home, but we kind of miss you. Oh did you know Chen managed to find a rabbit and he named it Suho? Snowy white and large eyes like you."

Suho blinked. "I wouldn't exactly be delighted to be compared with an animal." he muttered.

"Shush, the man's talking." Sehun waved his hands dramatically. "Okay, yeah the rabbit. Tao is absolutely frightened of the rabbit and curses it all day. Lay plays tricks on it and Chen has to protect the poor bunny with his life."

Suho blinked again. Wonderful, being cursed and played a fool of. What a wonderful rabbit.

"But don't be too sad for Suho the rabbit version," Sehun continued. "Xiumin's teaching it how to play ball. He's really patient and everything but that guy's kind of weird even though he's the oldest and I'm kind of afraid the rabbit would get killed. But yeah."

Baekhyun laughed and patted Suho's shoulder. Damn, the way they were talking about the rabbit sounded like they were talking about him.

"So anyway, met any girls lately?" Sehun grinned at Byul. "As usual Luhan's been getting a lot of love letters and I'm sure you guys are too. Wonder if the bet of Baekhyun getting married first would come to any closure huh? We'll find time to go over to Korea if we can. Till then. Love, Kris."

Kai burst into laughter after holding it in so long and guffawed at Suho. "Hyung. The rabbit."

Suho made a face. "Aish Chen!!!" he muttered. "Why the hell did he name it after me?"

"Be honored." Chanyeol chuckled. "The rabbit has the same name as you."

"Aish." Suho grumbled under his breath, formulating torture tactics on Chen when the EXO-M princes would finally arrive. Not too soon in the future though, but they'd look forward to it.

"Ah! I must write a letter back to my Han Hyung!" Sehun beamed and raced for his paper and brush. "He's so much of a better hyung than Kai."

"Yah what?" Kai snapped.

"Good time to reflect on your hyung-ly abilities, Kai." D.O. teased. Kai whacked his hyung's head without a care in the world. "Reflect my ."

The mood was set right and everyone seemed to be happy to hear from EXO-M. Byul thought it was sweet for the guys to keep writing to one another even though the letter may take months to finally reach. The rabbit must have been pretty big by now.

She glanced over at Baekhyun and saw him smiling as he read the letter again.

She felt comforted that he was, even though she wasn't the cause of it. Until, another bigger source of his smiles came into the room.

"Hi guys!" Dahae waved.

And all of a sudden, the happiness was out of everyone in the room and all transferred to Baekhyun as he was the only one who waved back.

 

 

"Jeonha, your calligraphy is the best of all I've seen." Dahae praised.

Baekhyun swelled in pride and smiled happily. The EXO-K princes had made their leave quickly when Dahae came, much to her disappointment. She wanted to follow Chanyeol at first, but he said he was going to meditate and didn't want people to disturb her. (Haha like real.)

So in the end she amused hersel by watching Baekhyun write words. Though Baekhyun was a martial arts noob, he was a great calligrapher. His words were right and proper with a touch of artistic.

Byul looked at his words and wrinkled her nose. These were so different from the ones he wrote the other time. He had told her his writings were a beautiful poem and she believed him. Aish.

"It's not that good really. I need to practice more." Baekhyun humbly said, but the smile was lighting his face so brightly, he had to shine.

Dahae watched on for a bit, but was rather bored. She looked around the room, pouring and biting her lips alternately.

"How long does Chanyeol-gun meditate anyway?" Dahae pouted, tapping her fingers on the table.

Baekhyun stopped in mid and bit his lip. Between being truthful and spending more time with the girl he liked, which one was he going to choose?

He sighed. "Yeol....I have no idea." he finally muttered.

Dahae pouted. She drummed her fingers constantly and looked at Baekhyun. "And where does he do it at?" she asked curiously. "I'm not going to disturb him, I just want to peek at him while he meditates."

Baekhyun wanted to scream. Why was she asking so many questions about Chanyeol? Can't she pay him attention while she's with him?

Byul looked over at Baekhyun sympathetically. This prince was trying so hard but getting nothing in return. It must hurt so much.

"Hmm I think I'll go find out." Dahae muttered when Baekhyun didn't say anything. "I'll see you later Jeonha." she got up from her seat that was barely warm yet.

She darted out of the door and Baekhyun slammed the brush down. Byul bit his lip, sympathetic.

"Don't be too down, if you try harder maybe you'll find a way into her heart." Byul convinced.

Baekhyun shot her an irritated look. "I don't need your advice Han Eunbyul. You have less experience in love than I have."

Byul pouted. True, she hadn't dated anyone before. But she did have childhood crushes and all, she perhaps she wasn't that much of a blank piece of paper in terms of love.

"I'm just trying to make up for what I said, Ddong-ha." Byul sighed. "I've done so many things and I've tried to take a step back. What can I do for you to forgive me?"

Baekhyun looked over at her, surprised. He was slightly moved by her speech but then kept those feelings in rein. Why was it that this was the girl that stayed by his side all the time when the one he wants go prancing around?

"Then buy me pancakes." Baekhyun blurted. "I want pancakes."

Byul blinked. "I can call the kitchen.."

"No." Baekhyun spun around to look at her. "I want you to sneak out into Capital City to get me the famous pancake at Kyungnam street."

He met her eyes, daring her to do so. "If you do that, I'll forgive you."

Byul bit her lip. She didn't mind sneaking out of the Palace because she knew the head of guards well and he'd let her off. But if she were to travel all the way to the Capital City... She wasn't sure if her leg could make it.

But she wanted him to forgive her. As much as she thought he was spoilt at times and really annoying, she didn't want him to be so mean to her just because of a few words she said. She wanted to be angry with him but couldn't, because she knew he was hurting every time Dahae casted him aside for Chanyeol.

She took a deep breath, ignoring the pain in her leg. "Fine. I'll do it."