You two know each other?!

My Bodyguard Princess

"I wonder what Baekhyun hyung is doing right now." Sehun pondered as the other five EXO-K princes walked towards Baekhyun's residence.

They always did so since they were young. It was weird if they didn't meet up for one day and there would be an empty feeling in their guts. They weren't all blood related to each other. Only Kai and Sehun, Chanyeol and Baekhyun were cousins. But it felt like they were brothers instead.

"Do you even need to ask?" Kai rolled his eyes. His younger cousin asked the dumbest questions, really. "Of course he's lazing around like a fat pig."

"You're lucky Baekhyun-gun isn't here to hear this." Suho shook his head, chuckling.

Kai shrugged coolly. "Hyung IS a big fat pig." he said flatly. "I don't mind saying that to his face."

Chanyeol shook his head and laughed. "But I think Baekhyun hyung might be flirting with Byul already." D.O. piped up. "I mean, it's been a while since she has become his bodyguard. Maybe they had broken the ice between them and when we reach, you'll see Byul cuddling up with him!" he clapped.

Chanyeol kept mum. He didn't know Byul that well yet since they only knew each other for a while, but from his little understanding of her, she would NEVER do that.

"Ehh...I don't think that sounds possible." Suho wrinkled his nose, a little put off by the image D.O. planted in his mind. "I mean, Han Eunbyul is different from the other bodyguards, or even girls in general. I don't think she would succumb to Baekhyun's charms that easily."

Sehun tapped his chin in thought. "But don't forget, this is Baekhyun hyung we're talking about." he murmured. "Has hyung ever failed in seducting a girl? Never."

"Don't forget Dahae." Kai added.

"Yeah well." Sehun shrugged cutely. "But Dahae noona is different. Maybe princesses think differently, but Byul noona is still a bodyguard. Maybe inside she's still the same as other girls."

 

 

And poor Sehun was proved terribly wrong when they got to Baekhyun's quarters.

The first thing they heard when they got there was Baekhyun and Byul bickering non stop. And the thing was that they hadn't even entered the place. "I guess you're wrong, Hun." Kai grinned.

Chanyeol felt pride swell in him, knowing that Byul could stand up to Baekhyun despite his hyung's status. It impressed him and made his admiration for her deepen even more.

"Hyung~" D.O. sang as they got into the quarters.

Byul collected herself, bowing respectfully to the other princes and taking a break from her quarrel with Baekhyun. Honestly, she didn't even know what started the bicker.

Anything could make Baekhyun and her start fighting, and the only thing that prevented Baekhyun from throwing a punch at her face was because he knew she was better skilled at fighting that he was. Before she knew what happened, the two of them were throwing names at each other, as if they were in a competition where they were trying to beat the other by thinking of more awful names than the other.

"Your highnesses." Byul bowed.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes at her. "Don't act so respectful to them when you just called me a big headed deformed raccoon!" he hissed.

Byul made a face at him and huffed. "You are a big headed deformed raccoon! And don't forget you called me a fat blubbery hippo!" she growled. "I don't need to be respectful towards you because you don't deserve it."

"Why you-" Baekhyun frowned, and Chanyeol quickly got to his hyung's side to pacify him. "Hyung would you like tea? I'll get the Imperial Kitchen to prepare some."

Baekhyun took a deep breath and collected his nerves. This Han Eunbyul was seriously the only girl that could make him fired up so quickly. He looked at his cousin and shook his head. "No thanks. It's okay."

He sighed and settled back on one of the chairs. Sehun came bounding towards Baekhyun and plopping himself near his hyung. Baekhyun raised a brow at the maknae and the maknae just smiled sweetly back. "Stop sticking so close to me, Sehun-gun."

Sehun pouted. "But you were nearly killed the other time, and I finally know how important hyung is to me." he whined. "Me wants to stick close to hyung~"

Baekhyun mentally smacked himself. Oh God Why.

"Talking about that incident, has the King found out anything about the assassin?" Suho looked at Baekhyun, interested. To be honest, the matter was toned down and all Palace staff were warned not to tell what happened to their families.

It was to prevent political unrest and unnecessary panic. However, that didn't stop the maids and court attendants who saw the incident, from making their own deductions on who the assassin was.

"Nothing." Baekhyun shook his head. "He wasn't able to find out anything since the assassin didn't leave clues. No one saw his face either." he wrinkled his nose. He looked at Chanyeol. "Yeol, do you remember anything special about the assassin?"

Chanyeol shook his head. "Not that I know of."

"What I think," Kai said slowly. "Is that it wasn't exactly an assassin that wanted you dead." he looked at Baekhyun, smirking slightly. "It's the angry oppas of those girls. Girls whom hearts were broken by you."

Baekhyun scowled and Byul laughed. That sounded possible.

"I don't think so, Kai." Baekhyun said through gritted teeth.

"Well if you think about it," Kai continued, completely enjoying his hyung's misery. "That's the only possible reason. I mean, the King is doing such a great job of governing the country. He is one of the best rulers Korea ever had and people out there are making songs and poetry to praise him. There's no way they would be any hidden griviences harbored towards the King."

"And besides, you always portrayed yourself rather well to your people." Kai told his hyung. "You had a part in coming up with the battle plan in the last war and saved quite a lot of people. And that time you were only seven. The people love you. Though you're a flirt and everything, they don't know about it so yeah."

There was silence after and the princes thought about what Kai said. "Honestly?" Suho blurted, laughing. "I think Kai-gun is completely right."

"Hey!" Baekhyun frowned.

"HAHA hyung you shouldn't have played with so many girls!" D.O. howled in laughter. "Now their oppas are coming after you!"

Baekhyun scowled, his face black as charcoal. He caught Byul laughing her head off and it irked him. "Stop laughing you." he growled. "Why are you eavesdropping on your conversation?" he snapped.

"Don't direct your temper on me just because your flirty ways are gaining bad karma for you." Byul protested. "And you guys are talking so loudly that I bet the other maids outside can hear you. I'm not eavesdropping, you're broadcasting." she cleverly said.

Chanyeol chuckled in amusement and shook his head. Byul had one hell of a witty tongue.

"Yah can't you just NOT refute me for once?" Baekhyun scowled. "Must you come up with something to say for everything I say? Can't you just nod humbly and look at the ground like the other bodyguards and maids do?"

"Then she wouldn't be Byul."

All eyes fell on Chanyeol as he said that, and he grew increasingly pink. He cleared his throat and tried to stay calm, shrugging. "It's true right? If she does that she'll not be Han Eunbyul."

"What do you know about Byul, hyung?" Sehun asked curiously. "You know her as much as we do: Nothing."

Chanyeol bit his lip and glanced at Byul, pinking even more. "He's right." Byul piped up. "If I bow down to you, ddong-ha, I won't be Han Eunbyul. Chanyeol-gun is right." she smiled at Chanyeol.

Suho scratched his head and looked between the two. "You two know each other?"

Byul nodded easily. "Yeah." she shrugged.

"YOU DO?" all of them chorused, even Baekhyun. He quickly snapped his mouth shut and pretended he hadn't said a thing. Sehun looked at Chanyeol accusingly. "You talked to pretty noona before me?" he squealed.

Chanyeol raised his hands up in defence. "Hey hey, she was the guard I was talking about. The guard that went after Baekhyun hyung's assassin when the other guards couldn't keep up." he reminded them.

Baekhyun's eyes widened and he looked over at Byul. "Why, you're the one who went after the assassin?" he frowned. "Yah! Why didn't you catch him you nimcompoop!"

"Excuse me, but why don't you catch him yourself?" Byul retorted. "And besides, I'm saving you life right now by prohibiting you from flirting with other girls so that their oppas don't decide to kill you as well. See? I'm so nice." she grinned.

"You hippo!" Baekhyun scowled.

"You raccoon!"

"Big rhino!"

"Small headed worm!"

....

And it went on.

 

 

-----

 

Hi all.

It has come to my attention that some of you were able to read my future chapters that I had saved as "hidden" during AFF's breakdown. And you guys are commenting on it.

PLEASE DO NOT LEAK MY STORYLINES BEFORE I HAVE OFFICIALLY PUBLISHED THEM.

I'm taking this quite seriously and I can only take it all myself because it really isn't AFF's fault that it crashed. I'm quite the perfectionist in some things and I hope you guys won't spoil the story for other readers and for me as a writer.

If things don't become better I will not hesitate to delete my account. I appreciate your support but I can start off as a newbie again where no one knows who I am if the need comes.

I thank you for reading my stories. Please respect me as a writer.