Neighborly Competitions to the Death

My Next-Door Idiot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey Jihae, they’re making an announcement for all the residents living in the neighborhood.” My mother said, entering my room.

“It’s Sunday morning! Can’t I skip it?” I whined, refusing to budge from my bed. It’s been a long week and gosh darn it I deserve some sleep.

“I heard they’re doing a fundraiser! Come on we could use some more trees.” She successfully yanked me off the bed, sending me to a painful crash onto the floor.

“Ughh...” I groaned as I got up. I quickly got dressed and followed my mother to the neighborhood park. We arrived to a man speaking on a pedestal, with a bunch of people surrounding him.

“What is this?” I mumbled as my mom dragged me through the herds of people.

“I think I was right.” She said back as we reached the front.

“...And so we ask all of you to do us a kind favor and help us raise money to provide you with a more efficient environment to live.” The man said. He then bent down to grab a box of what looked like chocolate.

“All we ask is that every family sells at least 2 boxes by the end of next week.” He said.

“You should do it!” My mom motivated.

“Why would I waste my time on something like this?” I snorted.

“Oh! I almost forgot. The person who sells the most bars can pick one from three prizes. Prize one is a free trip to the spa resort...” The man started.

“Oooh that sounds nice.” Mom commented.

“I don’t need to go the spa.” I said back.

“...Prize two is 5 pounds worth of gummy bears...”

“You like candy, don’t you?”

“Oh come on, that’s just stupid.” I retorted.

“...And prize three is life-sized cardboard cutouts of the DBSK members.”

“DONG BANG SHIN KI?!?!” I blurted out, causing everybody to turn their heads towards my direction.

“MOM MOM MOM THIS IS WHAT I’VE BEEN WAITING FOR.” I screamed, jumping up and down from excitement. I waited until the man finished his boring speech and rushed to the boxes, taking as many packs in my hands as I could. My mom caught up to me and I poured some boxes into her arms to carry.

“Are you sure you can sell all of this?” She asked, struggling to keep them all in her hands.

“Of course.” I said as I shoveled a bunch more into my hands. We walked home from the park which was usually a 5 minute trip that turned into half an hour because we kept dropping the packs but nonetheless, I shall win the fundraiser and DBSK shall be mine.

 

“You know, you look like you could use some chocolate.” I said, following the girl through the front path to our school.

“Not interested.” She said, looking straight forward and avoiding my puppy eyes.

“Oh come on. It’s for a good cause! And you’ll make my day.” I smiled cutely, stepping in front of her and waving the box around.

“Get out of my way.” She ordered as she shoved me aside, causing me to fall down on the grass. I put my hands on the ground to lift myself up before I saw a hand reach down for me. I looked up to see Kris, expressionless as always. I tentatively took his hand and he lifted me to my feet, bringing my face much closer to his than I’d like.

“Watch and learn.” He smirked faintly before he turned around and caught up the girl I was bargaining with just a second ago.

“Hey, you’re pretty cute.” Kris said, biting his lip. My jaw dropped to the floor. What is he doing?!

“Y-you’re... that new guy.” was all the girl could stutter.

“So you know me.” Kris said before taking something out of his bag, which turned out to be a box of chocolates. My eyes and mouth widened even more. “Do you think you a pretty girl like you could do me a favor?”

“Anything!” She piped.

“Good. ‘Cause, you see, I need to sell some of these chocolates...”

“Done.” The girl took out some bills from her wallet and happily gave it to K

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter