Be our Guest! Or Maybe just Kris's.

My Next-Door Idiot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Play this~

 

*You might want to refer to the diagram of their rooms before you read this because it might get confusing ^^

“Hey stupid, I got this question right. Again.” Kris threw his worksheet at my desk, hitting me in the forehead with the red pen he was using. I slammed my hands down on the desk in frustration.

“How am I supposed to correct my own classwork if you keep bugging me?!” I spat at him.

“Well maybe if you graded mine right we wouldn’t have this problem.” Kris impatiently said.

“I did grade yours right! You just don’t want to correct it because you’re lazy.” I prompted. In response, Kris spun around the paper to face me and pointed at the question I marked wrong.

“If 6x + 12 + 8x – 15 = 13x wouldn’t that be 3?” Kris said in that stupid I-know-everything-and-you-don’t voice I’ve grown to recognize so well.

“Okay fine. I was wrong again. Now go correct the others!” I threw his classwork back at him and went back to correcting the millions of questions I got wrong on my sheet.

“You know I’m pretty sure I got these all right.” Kris said, picking up his pen.

“I’m sure you do.” I muttered, not looking up. Kris leaned in closer and took a peek at what I was working on.

“Do you need help?” Kris asked with amusement.

“No.” I replied instantly.

“Fine. Whatever you want. But keep in mind if you don’t finish this by today you’ll get a zero.” Kris chimed, leaning back into his chair. I slammed my head down on the desk in despair.

“Need help?”

“Will you quit bothering me Kri-“ I pulled my head back up to see not a jerkwad but an adorable Luhan.

“Err, I mean, yes! Yes please.” I smiled. Luhan kneeled down to get into the same level as my desk and wrote an example on my worksheet, guiding me with instructions on what he’s doing. I half paid attention and half gawked over how close and attractive he was.

“So do you get it?” Luhan asked.

“Yes, thank you. You’re my hero, seriously.” I flattered. Luhan smiled and nodded as he stood back up and walked to his seat. My eyes dropped down to my worksheet where he wrote on, and I couldn’t help but quietly squeal and shake my hands in joy. I calmed down and my eyes fixated on Kris, who was pretending to gag. I rolled my eyes and started finishing my work.

 

After school Kris informed me that he was staying back at the library with EXO-M for a little bit, so I walked home by myself today. I arrived home to my dad announcing that I had a package, which turned out to be a giant cardboard box.

“What is this even...?” I asked, lifting it up.

“I don’t know. I think it’s a gift from grandma. Go open it in your room.” Dad said. I did as instructed and started walking upstairs.

“Remember to call her and say thank you!” Dad reminded me. I walked into my room and sat on my bed, opening the box in front of me on the ground.

“I wonder what it could be...” I pondered as I lifted the flaps, revealing tons of foam peanuts filled up to the brim of the box.

“Were the peanuts really necessary?” I mumbled to myself as I dug inside the box, trying to find what was engulfed inside. I finally got a hold of something soft and yanked it out to safety, revealing its full form as a large stuffed giraffe.

“Aw that’s cute.” I said, poking at it. I set it down next to me on the bed and dialed grandma’s number on my cellphone. After a long conversation with her I hung up and stared back at the stuffed giraffe.

“I think I’ll name you-”

“DUIZHANNGGGGGGG!!!”

What.

I was about to get off my bed and walk to my door to see if anyone was there until I heard the voice again.

“Duizhang your house is so nice!”

That voice sounds awfully familiar. I look to my right to see Kris walking into his room through our windows. And to my horror, the EXO-M members follow behind him.

“Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap.” I muttered underneath my breath as I stood on top of my bed and squeezed myself into the tiny corner next to the window, hoping not to be seen.

“And your room too.” I saw Luhan leap onto the bed from the corner of my eye.

“Okay. I vote we hang out at Kris’s house for now on!” Lay cheered. NO NO NO NO.

“Mine? I bet your guys’ houses are much better.” I heard Kris say.

“But your house feels so cozy.” Tao chimed.

“And you get this huge window!” Chen walked up to Kris’s window and gazed through it. I shriveled my arms in as much as I could to try to stay out of his sight.

“And the house next door has one too, you can see into their room. Are you close with your neighbors?” Luhan asked, walking standing next to Chen and looking through it.

“Closer than you think.” Kris said, smirking as he looked into my room, seeing if I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter