The Key to Admitting your Feelings

My Next-Door Idiot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yay! Thank you for the poster serendipity-- !

“You see how much fun this is?” Key shouted down at Kris, who was climbing up onto the top of the monkey bars where Key and I were resting.

“This isn’t fun at all.” He whined, his hands slipping off the bar and falling back to his original starting point on the ground.

“That’s because you .” Key mused, and I laughed beside him.

“So how have you been, Jihae?” He turned towards me and I smiled. I really liked this feeling of just talking to him. It was nice to have a friend to feel completely comfortable around for once.

“Great. So I’m guessing you dyed your hair for good this time?” I asked, referring to his blonde hair.

“YEAAAHH. Looks good on me huh?” Key nodded, adjusting its already perfect condition.

“I just don’t understand why you can’t have normal hair like everyone else.” I shook my head with a chuckle.

“Because I’m not like everyone else.” Key looked at me with a ‘duhh’ face.

“Ahhh, right. I forgot.” I replied, giving him the same face back.

“Hey Key here’s a random crazy idea.” Kris said out of nowhere, still struggling to use his body strength to get over the top of the monkey bars. “Why don’t you help me get up like you helped Jihae?”

“Have you dyed your hair yet?” Key asked me, taking a lock of my hair in his fingers.

“Nope.” I answered, ignoring Kris’s groans of complaint.

“You liar. This shade of brown can’t be natural.” Key shook his head in disbelief.

“Not lying.” I said. Finally, Kris managed to heave himself over the top of the monkey bars and adjusted into a sitting position.

“Oh look! Ice cream!” Key pointed over across the park. He grabbed my hand and jumped down, forcing me to go along with him.

“You guys…” Kris mumbled. I looked back, feeling kind of bad for him.

“I WANT STRAWBERRY! Or no, chocolate chip cookie dough! Aish, which one should I get?” Key happily skipped around the ice cream stand. While he spent his sweet time deciding, I ran back to the monkey bars where Kris was.

“Do you, uh, need help?” I asked him. At that moment, Kris leaped down on to the ground by himself, landing right in front of me. The impact made me step back, but Kris just stared at me with an intimidatingly emotionless expression.

I started feeling uncomfortable but luckily Kris just randomly walked off without a word.

“Okay, whatever.” I grumbled, heading towards where Key was about to sit.

“Jihae! I got both!” Key happily paraded his two ice cream cones in the air.

“Seriously?! You’re gonna get fat.” I told him condescendingly, sitting beside him on the stone ledge.

“Nah, this one’s for you.” Key handed me the strawberry one.

“You paid for me? How nice.” I smiled. We our ice cream cones in silence for a good solid moment, until he struck another conversation.

“So do you like anyone right now?” He asked me out of the blue. My heart jumped a little, completely unprepared for this question.

“What?” I asked, turning to him.

“Yeah, I mean you’re a high school girl and all that. There’s gotta be someone you like by now.” Key replied casually.

“Uuuhh nope. Not really.” I shook my head quickly, turning back to fa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter