First Love

My Next-Door Idiot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thanks to seasidecarnival for the poster! :D

It seemed like the world around me completely froze as I stood there, my mind too shocked to process what was going on.

“Ten...” Kris began. I snapped out of my daze and the panic starting kicking in.

What is going on?! He can’t be serious. He just cannot be serious. Why would he threaten me with kissing? He’s probably just bluffing. He’s gonna have to try a little harder if he thinks he can break me with something like a kiss.

“Four...” The gap between our faces was closing in and my heart felt like it was going to go under arrest. I can do this, I can do this. He’s going to pull away at the last second, I know he will.

“Two...”

My stomach felt like there were a thousand butterflies waiting to come out and I instinctively closed my eyes.

“One.”

And suddenly everything just came to me and my eyes popped open.

“OKAY OKAY!” I screamed. “Fine you win, I talked! Happy?!”

“Heh, I knew you wouldn’t make it.” Kris smirked in triumph, taking a few steps back.

“I hate you!” I shouted at him, feeling like bursting into tears at any minute now.

“Excuse me, screaming is strictly forbidden in the library.” Said a librarian, poking her head into our aisle. I gave Kris one last glare before storming away. My pace started quickening and I eventually started running out of the school, trying to forget what just happened as soon as possible.

 

“Ha! It’s about time. I was actually pretty surprised it took you so long.” Nayoung chortled after I told her that I lost the bet the next day at school.

“Yeah.” I grumbled, trying not to take anything into what she said. “So what do I have to do again?”

“Make sure Kris will go to the dance with me tonight.” Nayoung instructed.

“Are you sure? It really seems like Kris—“

“Make sure it happens!” Nayoung said as she separated away from me to her table of friends. I sighed and took my seat at EXO-M’s table.

“So are you guys excited for the dance?” I asked them, changing the subject from whatever they were talking about.

“HELL YEAH!” Xiumin fist pumped the air. The rest of EXO-M’s faces lit up at the subject.

“I get to go with the beautiful Park Sunyoung! You guys should all be jealous.” Chen boasted.

“If only Kris was going...” I said, feeling evil for placing all the attention on Kris.

“WHAT?!” EXO-M erupted. Kris shot me a glare and I just smiled smugly at him. This is what you get for your little stunt yesterday.

And then, I suddenly remembered about that ‘little stunt’ and began mentally freaking out while EXO-M was bombarding Kris with questions.

The thought of Kris kissing me seemed so unreal, but the feeling after he counted down was more than real. What would’ve happened if I didn’t talk that time? Would he really have kissed me?

I suddenly started blushing, catching me by surprise.

“If it’s because you don’t have a date, why don’t you go with Jihae or something?” My ears picked up Tao’s offering.

“Jihae’s my date.” Luhan said immediately.

“Oh yeah. Sorry I forgot.” Tao apologized. The atmosphere got a bit awkward and the feeling came down on me that I didn’t want to do this anymore. I silently starting eating my lunch, hoping that they weren’t all staring at me even though it felt like they were.

“Well... You should still go anyways. Date or no date.” Chen said, breaking the silence.

“Okay, for the 700th time, I’m not going to the dance tonight because I’m busy. I don’t have a choice.” Kris said, looking extremely agitated.

“What are you doing?” Lay asked. Kris glanced at me and met my eyes, causing my heart to jump and making me look back down at my lunch. What the heck! I can’t even look him in the eyes anymore…

“Just something with the family. Now can we please move on?” Kris answered. I stared suspiciously at my rice; he has to be lying. If he was doing something with the family I’d probably have to do it with him as well.

“Fine. But you’re gonna miss out on all the fun.” Xiumin warned.

“Doubt it.” Kris muttered under his breath quietly.

 

I took a final glance in the mirror before I headed down the stairs. Luhan was talking to me on the phone, telling me he was on his way.

“Okay, I’ll be waiting.” I told him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter