That Idiot who Makes me Nervous

My Next-Door Idiot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Kris!” I shouted, barging into the tent.

“Just couldn’t resist could y—“

“No time for joking. Have you seen my bracelet?” I asked him.

“I don’t think so. What does it look like?” Kris asked, sitting up from his sleeping bag.

“It’s blue and it has a silver L charm.” I described impatiently.

“Haven’t seen it.” Kris shook his head. I exhaled heavily and started frantically looking through my bags which were shoved in the corner.

“Are you sure you brought it here?” Kris questioned.

“Yeah, I remember fiddling with it on the car ride here.” I chewed on the side of my cheek, trying to think of where it could be.

“Okay, we’ll look for it tomorrow.” Kris said. “Why don’t we just sleep for now?”

“No way! I have to find it now. This is a public campsite you know; there’s different people camping and hiking on these grounds. Somebody could steal it by tomorrow!” I explained, crawling out of the tent with Kris following. I quickly popped into my parents’ tent and looked around.

“We can go early tomorrow in the morning. Like, seven! Nobody hikes at seven.” Kris continued, trailing behind me as I searched around the camp fire.

“I won’t be able to sleep until I know that it’s safe with me.” I said. I sighed, not knowing where to look next.

“Is it that important to you?” Kris asked.

“Yes, it is. I’m going to look in the woods.” I said, walking away.

“Whoa whoa whoa. You’re not going anywhere. It’s too dangerous for you to go in the woods at this hour.” Kris stepped in front of me to block my way.

I scoffed at him. “Oh? And who are you, my mom? I’ll do what I want.”

“You wouldn’t even last a minute out there by yourself. You’d probably see a bug and then scream and come crying back here.” Kris said.

“Okay, think whatever you want. I’m going in.” I crossed my arms and walked around him.

“Fine. Do whatever you want, see if I care” Kris snorted as I started entering the mass crowd of trees. I won’t leave until I find the bracelet, even if it takes all night.

 

I don’t remember how long ago it was when I first entered the woods, but it felt like ages. Rain was pouring down hard and my legs, completely covered in scratches and bruises, felt like they were going to give out at any moment. I was crying but I didn’t realize it until now with all the rain. It was extremely dark and I could barely see anything. It was pretty much hopeless to find Luhan’s bracelet now, or to even find my way back to the campsite. I stopped walking for a moment and leaned against a tree to take some of the weight off my feet.

Soon after, lightning struck through the sky and I froze. I scrambled off from the tree and misplaced my feet in the process, causing me to trip and fall on the ground. I brought my arms around my head and started crying even harder. I’m going to get struck by lightning and die here. I know it. I so know it.

“Well what do we have here? If it isn’t the noble loser!”

I looked up to see Kris looking grumpily at me. Usually, I would have been very upset that he was proven right. Usually, I would have been embarrassed to have him see me on the floor crying. Usually, I would have been annoyed that he was making fun of me when I was sad.

But instead, I ran up to him feeling nothing other than relief and gratefulness as I wrapped my arms around him tightly, crying into his chest.

“J-Jihae?” He stuttered, staggering back a few steps.

“Kris...” I managed to say between sobs. I tightened my grip; I felt so much more stable when I was closer to him.

Kris separated himself from the embrace. “Hey, I’m here. Stop crying.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter