When Something's Different

My Next-Door Idiot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is what Luhan's hair looks like because I have no idea how to describe that lol. Isn't it cute? It's my favorite akflhda;lhfla

K r i s

“Do you think a blazer is too much?” Luhan asked me, staring at himself through the reflection.

“Nahh. We’re probably going somewhere really fancy. Plus we’re meeting Nayoung’s parents.” I answered.

“Good point.” Luhan said, fixing his hair that he stylized very nicely. “Are you nervous?”

“Not at all, really. There’s nothing to be nervous about, it’s just a pretend date.” I said.

“Right, pretend.” Luhan repeated.

After a few short moments of silent hair fixing, I asked, “Do you like Jihae?”

Luhan met my eyes through the reflection. “No. I mean we’re friends and I like being around her but, I don’t know.” Luhan shook his head. “She’s like a little sister.”

“You do realize that she has the biggest crush on you, right?” I clarified.

“Yeah, I’ve noticed. It’s cute.” Luhan smiled to himself. “But like I said, she’s just a good friend.”

“Then why are you so nervous?” I asked him.

“Oh, it’s just I’ve never liked a girl before so it’s... weird, for me. To go on this date.” Luhan answered. I nodded, too lazy to think of anything else to say.

“So what about you?” Luhan asked, breaking the silence this time. “Do you like Jihae?”

“I hate her.” I said, a little too quickly to sound natural. It was natural, though. 100% from the heart.

“Hate?” Luhan looked really surprised, almost hurt. “You don’t hate her.”

“I do.” I insisted. “She’s so annoying.”

Luhan scoffed at me with a smile. “That’s never a reason to hate somebody.”

“It is if it’s her.” I mumbled. Luhan opened his mouth to say something but the ringing of my phone interrupted him. I took a look at the caller ID, which was a number I didn’t recognize. I hesitantly picked it up.

“Hello?”

“Come outside, the chauffer’s here.” A husky voice purred through the phone. I flinched and hung up, never wanting to hear Nayoung talk ever again.

“Is it time?” Luhan asked, standing up from the bed.

“Yup. Let’s get this over with.” I said, walking out of my parents’ room. We walked down the living room until my mom stopped us both.

“Whoa whoa whoa. Where are you two going all dressed up like that?” She asked, drying her hands with a cloth.

“You didn’t tell your mom?!” Luhan asked me. I shrugged to him in response.

“We’re going on a date.” I told her.

“Both of you? Together?!” Her eyes turned as wide as saucers.

“NO NO NO! Nothing like that! It’s a double date; we each have a girl we’re going with.” Luhan explained, waving his hands in the air frantically and matching my mom’s widened eyes.

“Oh okay. Wait, Kris, you’re going on a date?!” She clamped her hands together in joy. “Oh my god, I never thought this day would come! Well what are you doing? Bring them in!”

“Mom, it’s no big deal. It’s just—“

“No big deal?! I don’t want any of that, Kris. Come on, go get the camera and I’ll open the door.” Mom rushed the other direction and I groaned, walking to the kitchen with Luhan following.

“I can’t believe we’re doing this.” I told him, taking the camera out from the drawer.

“I can’t believe you didn’t tell her.” Luhan rolled his eyes while I heard the door open.

“Wow! You must be their dates. You two look great! I’m Kris’s mo—“ Mom’s annoying voice came to a short

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter