And I'll Still Hate You, Kris.

My Next-Door Idiot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

J i h a e

“KRIIISSSS!!!! WAKE UP!” I heard a voice pierce through my peaceful slumber.

“WU YIFAN!! YOU BETTER BE DOWNSTAIRS AND READY IN 2 MINUTES MISTER.” It rang again. I slowly opened my sore eyes and stretched my back, which hurt like hell. Wait, did I fall asleep on my desk while I was studying?! No, I’m on a bed but... It’s not mine? I noticed my legs were sprawled over somebody else’s lap and my arm was clinging on to another. I looked around the room which looked nothing like mine. Finally, I turned my head to the right and saw Kris sleeping peacefully while sitting up.

I remember now! I came into Kris’s room so he could help me! Aw, I guess I fell asleep before I could finish a problem. I hope I do good on the exam today...

“KRIS! YOU’RE GOING TO BE LATE FOR SCHOOL!” I heard Mrs. Wu’s voice coming closer. Uh oh, she can’t find out I slept in Kris’s bed! AHHH WHAT DO I DO WHAT DO I DO? SHE’S GOING TO THINK I’M AN CHILD!

Without a second to spare, I dived under the covers and tried to look as flat and unnoticeable as possible before Mrs. Wu slammed the door open.

“Kris! Do you know what time it is?!” She yelled. Kris grumbled and slid down into the bed, pulling the covers over his head. I panicked and scooted in closer with Kris hoping Mrs. Wu would just think he gained a bunch of weight instead of having another person in there. I was squished into him completely but he looked too asleep to notice.

“Wake up! Kris!” Mrs. Wu walked over to the bed. Oh no, please please please don’t lift the covers up!

And just as if she read my exact thoughts, I felt her hands grab onto the blanket. In an instant I gripped the top of the blanket over Kris’s head and pulled it up with all my strength to fight against her. My face was wavering over Kris’s at a dangerously close distance. It was pretty much impossible not to blush.

“KRIS! We don’t have time for this!” Mrs. Wu shouted, tugging the blanket even harder. I pulled as hard as I could trying to match her arm, but I couldn’t stay focused when Kris was only a couple of centimeters away. It’s a good thing he’s not awake right now because that’d be really awkward.

And just in time, Kris’s eyes fluttered open.

“AAHHHH!” He screamed, sitting up. I quickly fell into his lap and used the blanket to cover me up. I really hope this isn’t noticeable...

“Finally, you’re awake! School started half an hour ago.” Mrs. Wu said before I heard her leave the room. When she was far enough Kris yanked the covers off his lap.

“What are you doing in my bed?!” Kris shouted at me. I quickly sat up.

“Sorry, I fell asleep last night. Now come on, let's go!” I said, just before I leaped out his window into mine.

 

It was last period and I was eagerly waiting for my math exam to be handed back to me.

“Here you go, Jihae.” My teacher placed the paper on my desk and I nervously flipped it over.

“What’d you get, Jihae?” Luhan said, leaning over to see.

“84!” I said happily.

“Wow, I’m so proud of you! I knew you could do it.” Luhan said supportively, reaching his hand out. I high-fived him and his fingers curled into mine. My heart started thumping like crazy.

“Kris oppa, look! I got a 100 on my exam!” Nayoung turned around to show Kris her test, having her hair take up my entire desk.

“Cooool.” Kris responded.

“Thank you so much for tutoring me, Luhan. I never would have passed without your help. You’re amazing.” I smiled at him, our fingers still intertwined.

“Hey, I helped you last night too, you know.” Kris said.

“Oh yeah. Thanks Kris.” I said nonchalantly.

“Thanks Kris? You climbed into my window at 4 in the morning and all I get is a thanks Kris?” Kris snapped.

“Jihae went into your room at 4 in the morning?” Nayoung questioned.

“Yup.” Kris looked at me for a minute and then to Luhan. “She came into my room late at night and slept with me.”

“Kris!” I hissed at him.

“You did?” Luhan asked.

“You did?” Nayoung narrowed her eyes at me.

“It’s not like that! Kris just has a tendency to say what he dreams of.” I said bitterly.

“Like I’d ever dream of something so disgusting like you.” Kris barked. The air tensed up and the silence started getting very awkward until we were saved by the bell.

“Oh, looks like class is over. Come on Jihae, I’ll walk you out.” Luhan was the first

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter