Study Dates

My Next-Door Idiot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Of course!” Mrs. Wu answered. “They’re very close friends, they always talk and come over and do fun things together!”

“Do you...” Nayoung murmured.

“Okay, I’m leaving. Come on Luhan.” I groaned, walking out the front door and taking him with me.

“Bye Mrs. Wu and Kris and Nayoung!” Luhan waved before I shut the door behind him. We walked over the lawns and into my house.

“I think you look cute in that hair.” Luhan smiled at me. My eyes widened when I remembered and I quickly pulled my hair into a ponytail. Luhan laughed as I did so. I unconsciously walked up my stairs with Luhan following me obediently.

I am so mad! I went through all that chaos at Kris’s house just to curl my hair and I end up just tying it up and looking bad for Luhan. And he came to my house whenever I was at Kris’s, so he probably thinks I was going to ditch him and hide out at Kris’s house instead. Great. Oh, and the best part is, now Nayoung knows that I live next to Kris! Great. Great. Great.

“Okay, so I brought the textbook so we could do problems in here. What are you struggling on?” Luhan asked, getting situated on the bed.

Everything. Literally every single thing we’ve learned this year. “Uh... Do you think you can walk me through all of the units?”

“Sure! We’ve got all day together.” Luhan said, opening the book. We’ve got all day together. I think I just heard the angels singing.

I sat down next to him as he started re-teaching me the math.

 

“And then you would add the opposite to the correlation of the x. Do you get it now?” Luhan said, after about an hour of teaching. We were now lying next to each other on the bed, staring at the textbook with papers and pencils scattered everywhere.

“I... I actually understand!” I announced confidently.

“See? It’s easy, right?” Luhan smiled, giving me a high five.

“Yes! Thank you so much, Luhan!” I cheered.

“You’re welcome! Okay, that was the first lesson of freshmen math. Do you want to move on to our grade level math or would you like to keep going with this year?” Luhan asked. My joyful spirit died down once I remembered how much more I needed to learn to catch up with the class.

“But... I’m tired... Can’t we take a break?” I whined.

“Jihae, it took a whole hour to learn the first lesson of freshman math. We need to get you ready for that exam.” Luhan insisted. I sighed dramatically and pressed my face onto the mattress.

“How about we do a little mini-quiz?” Luhan suggested. “17x + 6 = 11. What’s x?”

“Mrmmpphhh.” I mumbled, my face still planted into bed.

“Wrong.” Luhan poked me in the side and I flinched. “29 – 48x = 15.”

“Mmmmmmmrrrrmmmmmm...” I groaned.

“Oh come on.” Luhan lightly tickled my sides, causing me to burst out laughing and sit up abruptly. Luhan blinked at me in surprise for a few moments before his face grew into a sly smile.

“Oh, is this a weakness I sense? Are you ticklish?” Luhan chortled at me.

“No.” I lied badly, lifting my arms up in a weak attempt to create a shield.

“So you wouldn’t mind if I did...this?” Luhan started tickling me in the ribs, causing me to laugh uncontrollably and fall to my back.

“Stop!” I managed to cry out between painful laughs. I tried rolling around and curling my knees up so he would stop but he held me down on the bed and continued at my sides, so I had no choice but to lie there laughing like a little child.

“Never!” Luhan smiled. I finally mustered enough strength to push him hard on the chest, causing him to waver off the edge of the bed. He swiftly grabbed my wrist and pulled me with him as we both crashed onto each other on the floor, laughing uncontrollably.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter