Five.

The Pretty Barista

It was Wednesday night and I haven't seen Taemin since that night in Myeongdong. Sehun and I haven't been able to go back to Dream Tea. Yesterday, we had to go straight home from dance academy because we had to attend the violin recital of Sehun's sister.

I had a large pack of Maltesers in hand as I watched idle t.v. on our plasma screen. That's how much I was craving malt. I had bought a large pack this afternoon after class and I was half way done with it. I couldn't wait till tomorrow. I might order two of the malt milk teas after dance class.

My phone rings and I answer it without checking who was calling, too engrossed in the television show.

"Hello?"

"Jongin…"

It was Sehun. "What up?"

"I don't think I can attend dance tomorrow."

I choked on the Malteser I had just popped in my mouth.

"What. Why?"

I could hear him groan over the line. "I have a fever."

I frown. "But… are you going to school tomorrow?"

"Umm… I don't know. We'll see." He says. "If the fever goes down, I think I can handle school… but I won't be able to go to dance class."

"Alright, alright. Tell me in the morning if you're going to class." I sigh.

"Sure. Talk to you tomorrow."

"Right. Bye."

Suddenly I lost my appetite at the thought I'd be going to dance academy alone tomorrow. But that wasn't the only reason I was sad. There was something else that I was disappointed about. What was it?

 

Sehun attended class the next day, but went straight home. I, on the other hand, was alone in the bus on the way to the dance academy. I had already accepted that this day was not going to be fun.

Luckily for Sehun, we didn't learn any new dances for that session. We just polished our most recent routine and without anyone to share my side remarks with, I was able to sweat more than usual. And I was way too concentrated on my dancing after a very long time. I forgot how it felt to dance alone. I mean, of course I wasn't the only student in dance class. But Sehun and I mostly keep to ourselves. He's the only one I consider a competition. Not in a bad way, of course.

When class was over, I sat down cooling off, wiping the sweat from my forehead, arms and neck. When I stopped sweating, I went to go get changed and freshened up.

Exiting the building of my dance academy, I could see the bright sign of Dream Tea cafe. I could get a milk tea to go. So, I quickly made up my mind and headed to the cafe alone for the first time.

When I got there, I could see that there were only 5 people seated in the cafe and they all but occupied 2 tables. There was no one lined up in the counter, either.

I walk inside and slowly approach the counter. I guess it was a slow day, because even the baristas were just hanging inside the back room.

I see the blonde barista walk out. He spots me and smiles then walks back inside.

Next thing I knew Taemin was coming out of the backroom with a lingering smile on his face. Probably laughing at some inside joke with his co-workers.

"Hey!" He greets me. "Long time no see." He kids.

I chuckle. "Mhmm."

"So what will it be today?" He asks. But before I could answer, the happy expression on his face changes. "Oh. You're alone?" He noticed Sehun's absence.

"Yeah, Sehun has a fever. He couldn't come today." I tell him, "I'll probably just get a milk tea to go."

Taemin nods. "Sorry to hear that. Hope he feels better."

I flashed him an appreciative smile. "Thanks."

"So… an extra large malt milk tea?"

"Make it two." I say.

"Someone's thirsty." He comments amused.

I chuckle, "Yeah, dance class was more tiring today than usual." I tell him.

"Oh, you dance?" He blinks.

"Mhmm." I nod.

Suddenly Taemin looks at me with an amused expression. Like an idea suddenly came into his mind.

"Wanna hang out at your usual booth?" He suggests with a friendly smile.

"With you?" I grinned, "You sure it's okay?"

"Oh, no. We're so busy I can barely hear you over the chatter of everyone here."

I laugh at his sarcasm. "I guess I'm not getting that milk tea to go, then."

He smiles and nods. "Nope. You go ahead… I'll bring the drinks to the table."

I head to the booth where Sehun and I always sat, my grin turning into a genuine smile. Maybe today wasn't going to be so bad after all.


You guiiise! So! Who's excited for the next chapter? :D Heehee. Thank you to my new subscribers and everyone who comments. They're what keeps me going! So please, drop me a little something to know if you like or don't like my story! ♥

Also! I made the font size bigger for this chapter. Which do you prefer? This bigger font or the smaller one from the previous chapters? :D