Eleven.

The Pretty Barista

To our surprise, we were met by an angry Byun Baekhyun."WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME IT WAS MOVED TO 4?! YOU S!!!"

"We said we were leaving our houses at 3!" Luhan said defensively.

"No!" Baekhyun argued, "You said let's meet at Myeongdong at 3!"

"We weren't going to meet in Myeongdong anyway. We were going to meet at the bus stop." Lay tells him.

"I told you." Kyungsoo says to Baekhyun. Baekhyun shoots him a death glare.

"Look on the bright side," Suho hyung starts, "At least you had Kyungsoo and Chanyeol with you."

He made a point.

"Hi." Chanyeol suddenly says. Which caught my attention. He was waving his hand. But not at any of us. He wasn't looking our way either, his gaze was directed towards Taemin.

"Oh yeah!" I suddenly remembered.

"Chanyeol, Kyungsoo…" I call their attention. "This is Taemin." I introduce them. "Taemin, that's Chanyeol," I point to my tallest friend, who already had a stick of odeng (fish cakes) in one hand, the one he wasn't waving. "And that's Kyungsoo." I point out to him my friend with the big, round eyes..

"Nice to meet you." Taemin says in a friendly manner.

Chanyeol and Kyungsoo replied in the same way.

"So I see Chanyeol has started without us," Luhan begins, "Where should we go first?"

"I'm definitely craving ddukboki." Sehun says.

"Ddukboki, then?" I confirm.

Chanyeol doesn't answer but instead says, "I want kimbap."

"We'll definitely be having ddukboki and kimbap, but what to eat first?" Kyungsoo points out.

"Can't we just go and buy whatever we're craving for? Isn't that sort of the whole idea?" I say.

"I just realized that there's no definite itinerary to this trip." Lay muses.

Luhan rolls his eyes. "Let's just all buy what we're craving for, then…" He says. "I mean, we could easily just share with someone who wants to try it."

"To start off, we should all first just get one order each, cause there's so much food around." Suho hyung reasons.

"That's cool with me." Taemin shrugs, nodding to the idea.

"Why don't we make it a bit more interesting, though?" Kyungsoo speaks up. We all turn our attention to him.

"What do you have in mind?" Baekhyun raises an eyebrow.

Kyungsoo goes on to explain, "We should split into groups, find what we think has the best-tasting food in a given amount of time and then have each other try it."

"I like that idea." I say.

"But isn't the whole point of this to go around together?" Chanyeol points out.

"Maybe we can do something like that later…?" Lay suggests, not completely throwing Kyungsoo's idea from the table.

It wasn't really that complicated. It wasn't like we had a schedule to follow or anything. Like Lay said, we didn't really have an itinerary for the day. Everything we'd be doing for this outing was negotiable and open for change and new things. 

"For now can we just eat, please? I'm starving." Sehun whines."Jongin and I really didn't eat dinner and breakfast." He shoots Luhan a look.

Luhan puts his hands up defensively. "Hey! I skipped breakfast, too!"

"And what about last night's dinner?" Sehun challenges.

"I had a slice of pizza."

"…a deep dish, pizza…" Lay mumbles.

"TRAITOR!" Luhan exclaims and we all laugh.

I shake my head, "Whatever! It's Luhan's stomach, not ours." I say, "Can we just start?" I plead. No joke, Sehun and I could hear our stomachs growling this morning.

Our friends laugh, but we finally came to an agreement.

But before we could walk any further Luhan speaks up, "And remember!" He reminds us, "We're here to eat. Not shop." He shoots Sehun, Kyungsoo and Baekhyun knowing looks.

"Can't we shop, even just a little?" Baekhyun asks pouting.

"After we eat." Luhan nods.

"But no shopping sprees." I complain.

"I swear, I'm too hungry to even think of shopping right now." Sehun says, slightly irritated.

"Okay! Let's feed the maknae, already!!!" Chanyeol announces. But we all knew he wanted to eat, too.

So with that, we began our street food escapade.

 

We started off with the nearest stalls we could find. We turned to one of the alleyways that sounded like it was busy with customers. We approached the first few stalls we saw, but one that especially caught our attention was a stall selling ddukboki. The smell was so enticing, I think it just heightened all our appetites. In the end we all had an order, or two, each of the ddukboki.

"Slow down with the servings guys," Suho hyung warns, "We don't want to get too full too quick."

We nod, but were too busy popping in the rice cakes in our mouths to actually reply.

Mmm's could be heard from all of my friends, including myself, from the ddukboki we bought. It was really tasty. 

Too tasty. 

In fact, it was downright spicy. 

Now we knew why it smelled so good.

By the time we finished our servings, our tongues felt like they were on fire.

"I don't think starting with ddukboki was a good idea…" Lay comments, sticking his tongue out.

"We numbed our tastebuds." Taemin laughs.

"I need a drink." Baekhyun groans.

"We should get milk." Suho hyung says. "It'll help."

We didn't get anything to drink though, cause the further along we walked into the alleyway, as we ate our ddukboki, we spotted a mandu stall.

Lay, excited to see the food he had been craving for most, jumped at the opportunity to buy himself a serving.

"You know," Taemin leans in and whispers to me, "It will probably help get our taste buds back."

"You mean stop the burning of our tongues." I comment.

Taemin chuckles and nods. "Wanna share an order?"

I nod, "If you think it'll help."

Taemin buys us a serving.

The mandu proved to be easier on the tongue than the ddukboki, we enjoyed the delicious taste of the steamed dumplings. It was soft and chewy, and just the right size to start slowly easing our appetite.

Aside from Lay, Taemin and myself, Chanyeol and Luhan also got orders of mandu.

"You guys should really buy some." Lay says chewing on his second to the last piece, "It helps with spice."

I nod, "It's really tasty too." I take another piece of mandu.

Sehun and Baekhyun look at each other. "Do you want to share one?"

"Do it." Sehun is quick to agree at the thought of easing the burning in his tongue. Well, he was the one craving for ddukboki.

Taemin chuckles. "Sehun is adorable." He tells me quietly. 

"Only sometimes." I comment.

"Let's share one, too." Suho hyung tells Kyungsoo.

"Go ahead, I'll just try from you." Kyungsoo nods. And Suho hyung buys a serving for himself as well.

After finishing our servings of the mandu we walk along the alleyway spotting more vendors. A lot were selling ddukboki and soondae.

"I want soondae." Luhan says eyeing one stall we passed.

"Go buy." I encourage.

But before Luhan could ask if anyone else wanted, the first complaint was raised.

"Can we please get something to drink now?" Baekhyun was almost begging, "I can't feel my tongue."

"My lithp ith theriouthly getting worthe." Sehun groans.

I try to hold back a laugh, normally Sehun hated it when we made fun of his lisp, but when he does it, it means he's in a really good mood, or wants to make a point.

"So the mandu didn't help?" I laugh at my best friend.

"Only a bit." He glares at me.

"Okay, we'll get something to drink." Luhan laughs.

From where we were, we could easily spot a convenience store and that's where we decided to buy drinks. We all bought 2 bottles of different varieties of beverages. Soda, milk, water, and juice.

I got a Coke and a bottle of water, Taemin bought water, a Sprite and something else.

"Banana milk?" I asked curious when I see him poking the straw into the carton.

He nods taking a sip. "I love this." He says after swallowing.

I chuckle. How cute.

"Do you guys want soondae?" Luhan asks the group.

"I'm up for soondae!" Chanyeol says.

Suho hyung nods, "Yeah, I want soondae too."

"I'll just try from you guys." I tell them.

We head to a stall selling soondae, and the ones who wanted bought servings for themselves. Across it, a vendor was selling Odeng, which Sehun and Kyungsoo wanted so they each bought a stick for themselves. Beside the soondae vendor, another was selling Pajeon (Korean pancakes).

"I want that pajeon." Taemin eyes it.

"Then buy some." I tell him.

He tugs my arm and pulls me along with him.

He looks over it and decides he wants one kimchi pajeon and one seafood pajeon. The ahjumma behind the table places it in a plastic bag and hands it over to Taemin, then she takes his payment. He holds the bag up to me. "Want a bite?" He asks with a smile.

I nod, "Sure, I'll taste."

"Taste?" He asks, "Why just taste?"

I shrug, "I don't know." I admit. "Probably saving space for something I'm craving for more…" I try to explain.

"Makes sense." He says, tearing a piece of the seafood pajeon and popping it in his mouth.

We shuffle back to the soondae stall.

"Taemin bought pajeon…" I tell my friends.

"Oooh! What kind?" Baekhyun asks, craning his neck to sneak a peak at the plastic Taemin was holding.

"Kimchi and seafood." Taemin says. "Want some?"

Baekhyun nods, tearing a piece of the kimchi pajeon.

Taemin nudges me, "Go get a piece."

I shake my head and chuckle. "So demanding." I comment, but I reach inside the plastic and get a piece for myself.

Kyungsoo and Sehun were standing behind us, both holding a stick of odeng. I bite from Sehun stick.

"Yum." I grin.

"Thanks for asking permission." He says flatly.

I shrug. "Want pajeon?" I offered.

"No thanks, maybe later." He brushes off my offer. I pretended to be offended, which earned me a punch in the arm.

"How's the soondae?" Kyungsoo asks the guys eating it. Which were Luhan, Chanyeol and Suho. They nodded as they chewed.

"Can I try?" Lay asks one of them.

Luhan is quick to share his serving, "Go ahead. I don't plan on finishing that." He says as he hands Lay his paper plate.

"Jongin, I thought you were gonna try it?" Suho hyung asks me, raising his serving of soondae.

I shrug, "Sure." I say, taking it from him. "Want some, Taemin?" I offer him.

He takes a piece. "Thanks." I hand Suho hyung the soondae back and thank him, too.

While the rest of the guys were finishing their portions, we were all just standing around the table selling soondae chatting about whatever else we all still wanted to eat. Definitely more meat and rice were the responses.

"We should walk more," Taemin was saying, "So we don't get full too easily."

"Yeah, so far the stalls we've stopped by were all just near each other." Kyungsoo agreed.

It seemed like Chanyeol wasn't listening to our conversation, though.

Cause he says, "Guys, I really want that kimbap." Chanyeol was eyeing a kimbap stall near the vendor we bought our soondae from.

"Yeah, it looks really good." Baekhyun was staring at it, too.

Luhan was happily chewing his last remaining shares of the soondae before his eyes divert to the kimbap stall as well, and then one by one, we all just began eyeing the stall selling kimbap.

We all ended up getting an order each. No sharing this time.

So much for 'we should walk more'.

"Well there goes our plan of walking to farther stalls." Kyungsoo comments.

"Don't care." Sehun says chewing, "This is so good." He takes another bite, barely done swallowing his last.

I was eating my order relatively fast, too. I didn't even know I had been craving for kimbap till I got my hands on it.

"I'm gonna be honest, this is really good." Taemin holds a piece up.

"The ones selling in this street actually have yummy stuff." Luhan points out.

Chanyeol was already done with his order, "I want another one." He announces, pulling out his wallet, ready to buy another.

"Slow down there, Chanyeol." Kyungsoo warns.

"Yeah, we aren't in a competition…" Lay says, eating his kimbap at a leisurely pace.

Suddenly, Chanyeol's eyes are gleaming and he was smirking. 

Then he suggests. "You know what we should have?" He asks.

We shake our heads. 

"An eating contest."


YAYYYYY!!!! :D Taemin is finally hanging out with Kai's friends! Lol. I swear to godwoon, I was getting hungry as I typed that chapter. Damn story, making me crave Korean food this whole week. Lol.
and if y`all didn`t know yet.... Yeolo is the resident shikshin! HEEHEE. :D i love Chanyeol :3


ANYWAY! It's a day before Taemin's birthday!! What to do? What to do... /sigh.
As always thank you to every reading this. I love reading your comments so don't hesitate to leave something that'll make me smile~ ^____^
...i swear, my chapters are getting longer than usual. xD