Chapter 8 : The Old Friends

Best Twitter Friend = School Enemy [Editing/revamping-continuing]

Italics : thoughts


 

I decided to go to canteen, I felt quite thirsty anyway.

 

When I got back from canteen, I saw Sangwoon was about to get up from the bed. I sped up my walk and went to her with some snacks and mineral water in hand, quickly. “You’re okay??”

She turned to me while holding her head, “Yeah.. What happened??”

“You fainted.” I handed her the snacks and mineral water, “Here, eat this!!”

“Really?? How can I??” She asked, looking confused as she tried to remember the event earlier. I sighed. But then she looked at the snacks then at me, after she seemed to remember what just happened. “Why should I eat that??”

I sighed even more after hearing her somehow unnecessary question. Putting the snacks beside her, I then just sat on a sofa and said, “Because the teacher wants to.”. I exhaled and continued, “Better eat ‘em now and go back to the class quickly!”

She nodded and took a plastic of bread before unwrapping it and ate the bread slowly, very slowly.

I frowned slightly as I looked at her. Uhh, why is she so slow?? Is she a queen that enjoying her gala dinner? I thought sarcastically.

“Y-you want some??” She offered nervously as if she noticed me looking at her.

“No thanks.” I replied and looked out of the window while waiting for her to finish it.

After a few minutes later, she had done eating and we went back to the class.

 

+++

 

As we walked into the class, Chunji ran toward Sangwoon directly and held her shoulders worriedly like he was a close friend to her. “You’re okay cutie?? What happened to you??” He then gave her those kind of questions in a go. I walked straight to the teacher’s seat, and sat down.

“I-I’m okay sunbaenim.. W-would you let me sit now??” She said, looking at people in the class with an uneasy expression. CAP hyung swiftly hit Chunji’s arms and glared him, making Chunji let go of her shoulders.

Time went so slow, or maybe it was just for me. It was kind of boring to teach them about this school. I laid my head down on the teacher’s table and took out my phone from my pocket, instead. I opened my twitter and..

BH @ItsVIPBoy ⋅ 1s
It’s so boring...

 

Once the tweet was posted, I remembered Woonie all of a sudden. She would be like those kids too, right? And also feeling bored like me. I thought, grinning unconsciously. My little dongsaeng.. Don’t be lazy like your oppa, ne? 

“Yah! What are you doing?! Smiling alone like a crazy kid and don’t help us??” Chunji hit my head with a book he had.

I sighed. But before I could answer him, the bell rang and it meant that it was a break time.

“Well, enough for today, and I think after this break time, the teacher will be here.. So, see you tomorrow!!” Minzy said before the new kids scattering out of the class.

“Let’s go.. I’m hungry..” CAP hyung whined while Minzy was still arranging the papers on the table.

“Yeah come on.. Me too!” Chunji added rubbing his stomach.

“After I done this, babe!” Minzy looked at CAP then turned to Chunji, “You better help me!!” then glared at me, “You too, pinky hair!!”

 

+++

 

[Sangwoon’s POV]

 

Finally the bell rang, so I could get out of this boredom and take a fresh air out there, only if there was a fresh air out there. Changjo, Ricky, Niel and I were immediately getting out of the class and went to a canteen, because they wanted to. It seemed like they were hungry while I was actually not.

When we reached the canteen, Ricky and Niel went to order our foods and drinks while Changjo and I were looking for a place to sit. We decided to sit on a table near a shady tree. A few minutes later Ricky and Niel came with our snacks, mine was just a drink though, and sat down.

“So, why were you fainting??” Ricky started a conversation.

“I don’t know.. Maybe, because I rarely exercise so I was exhausted then fainted.” I said, sipping my drink.

“L.Joe sunbaenim didn’t tell you why??” Changjo asked, looking at me as he tilted his head slightly.

“Hmm, no.” I answered easily then laid my head on the table.

“Now, why were you coming late again??” Niel, who was sitting beside me, gave me a serious glare. I grimaced at him.

“Definitely oversleep again, huh?!” Suddenly a voice came behind me. The four of us looked up and we saw two girls standing behind me. They looked familiar to me.

“Whoa.. Unnie?!” I exclaimed as I realized who these girls were. They were my classmates in Junior high school, but they were not so my close friends. “You’re in this school too?? Here let’s sit here!!” I moved and gave them a place to sit and they sat beside me.

But then, there was an awkward moment for a second. I blinked my eyes but immediately started to introduce these two girls to my three guy friends.

“So.. It’s IU and Suzy unnie, they were my friends in Junior high school.” I pointed to a girl who sat next to me then to a girl who tied her hair.

“And unnie, they’re my new friends. Changjo, Ricky and Niel.” I looked at IU and Suzy unnie while pointing at the three guys beside and in front of me. Then they shook each other’s hands.

“So, you really did oversleep??” Ricky began a conversation again.

“Hee hee hee..” I grinned at them, making them sighing, grumbling and in annoyance.

“Well, maybe tomorrow I have to pick you up and we go to school together, since our houses aren’t too far.” IU unnie suggested.

“No no no no no!!” I refused, worriedly. Should I tell them?? No!!    

“Why???” They all glared at me.

“B-because..” I paused since I wasn’t sure whether I really should tell them or not. But then I gave them an awkward smile, “I’m not in my house.”

“What do you mean ‘not in my house’??” Niel asked, tilting his head slightly. He seemed confused, and so did the others.

“Yeah I’m not in my house.. W-well... My parents are on a business trip, and they told me to stay in their friend’s house.” I explained and they nodded.

Suddenly there was a scream like yesterday, we all sighed except Suzy unnie. She seemed to be happy as she was about to see The Badass. When The Badass came, there were more screams sounded in a canteen. But then, we saw someone bumped into L.Joe and Chunji sunbaenim, well at least I knew he did not intentionally bumping them. But Chunji sunbaenim immediately grabbed his collar and scolded him. That guy looked so scared and I thought he was already apologizing, but you know what kind of people they were. They flushed him with water before they released him.

“So mean.. How can they do that??” I sighed, drinking my drink thirstily.

“Yah!! Don’t say that! They’re not like that.” Suzy unnie glared at me.

I looked at IU, confused. I then looked at Suzy unnie again, “Mwo? Don’t you see that? They’re really mean.” I insisted.

“That was his fault. Chunji oppa isn’t mean!” Suzy unnie said, looking like she was imagining his face.

“Yah! Unnie.. Since when did you become this evil??” I shook Suzy unnie and she looked at me with her sharp gaze.

“Seems like the Bad Girl will explode..” Ricky sang.

I glared at him, “Sissy Boy, shut up!!”

“Yah! Don’t fight guys! Aren’t we all friends??” IU unnie looked at me then at Ricky while I thought I saw her pinkish cheeks.

Suddenly The Badass walked past us again and Chunji sunbaenim smiled at me. I frowned.

“Look!! Don’t you see that?? He’s really nice? He smiles at us!!” Suzy unnie said once they were quite far from us, pretending to be faint in IU’s shoulder.

“Well, actually we know that he likes one of the junior in the class that he led. ” IU unnie teased Suzy unnie.

“Mwo??” I asked, feeling kind of shocked by her statement. I think I know who he likes. No?

“Yeah, if I knew who is she, I will punch her, kick her then kill her.. hahaha” Suzy unnie showed her punch, kick and kill pose then laughed evilly.

“Well, you can do that now.” Ricky giggled.

“Are they leading your class?? Yah! You know who is she?? Let me know!!” Suzy unnie looked at Ricky, Niel, Changjo and me with eyes filled of curiosity.

“Yeah.. We all know who is, she.” Niel said, emphasizing the word ‘she’ as he chuckled, followed by Changjo. I glared at them.

“Who??? Tell me whooooo???” Suzy unnie whined.

“She’s no other than.....” Changjo said, making Suzy unnie got more curious. I could feel my heartbeat got faster. I was afraid if Suzy unnie really wanted to kill me, since I knew it well that sometimes she could be a desperate person.

“Our Bad Girl, Sangwoon!!” Changjo, Ricky and Niel shouted in unison and I quickly closed my eyes, didn’t know what she would do to me.

“Mwo???” IU and Suzy unnie asked back with a somehow surprise but flat tone. I opened one of my eyes.

“Ahh.. You really turned into Bad Girl, Sangwoon.” IU unnie commented teasingly while nodding her head slowy.

“Kang Sangwoon!! You’ll get a consequence!!” Suzy glared at me while the others burst into laughter. She then stood up with her ready-to-kill appearance.

“No no no!! Suzy unnie, my beautiful friend. It’s not like what you think!! I don’t like Chunji sunbaenim. He’s yours!! Just don’t kill me!!!” I quickly stood up, shoving Niel off and walked backwards to avoid her.

She slowly walked toward me, so I used Changjo to cover me. But, `BAM!` she got my wrist, and pulled me. I closed my eyes.

She held my head, “Since you said you don’t like him, and he’s mine. I forgive you!! But..” I opened my eyes but she pinched my cheeks really hard, like I was a doll.

“Yah! Unnie it hurts!!” I whined as I slapped her arms.

She let go of my cheeks and all of my friends were laughing while I rubbed my red cheeks. Then we spent a rest time, playing around.