Chapter 3 : Huh?? You??

Best Twitter Friend = School Enemy [Editing/revamping-continuing]

Italic : thoughts


 

“Where are you going???” I asked.

 

“Go take a shower real quick!!” My mom commanded.

“Hurry up!!” Dad added as he buttoned his shirt and walked past me.

I blinked, clueless but I immediately went to my room and threw my bags away before taking the green towel that was hanging on the chair and then I went to the bathroom to take a shower.

Not taking a long time, I was done taking a real quick shower and as I got dressed in a casual jeans and long-sleeved shirt, my mom entered my room.

“Pack your bags!!” Mom said simply.

“Where are we going?? Vacation??” I asked with a bright eyes, expecting.

“Of course not. Hurry up!!”

“So??” I scratched the back of my head and asked curiously while starting to pack my bags.

“Your dad and I will be out of the town for a few days. And we’re planning to leave you with the son of your dad’s friend for a while.” Mom explained as she helped me packing my bags.

“Ahh.. But why should I live with their son?? Is he nice?? Why don’t you just leave me at home??” I threw every question from my mind and whined a little as I slightly felt uncomfortable.

“If we leave you at home, I’m sure you will not be at school for a few days too.” She rolled her eyes at me

“Hehehe..” I grinned, knowing that I wouldn’t wake up in the morning if they left me alone, but I continued packing. Don’t forget my precious thing!! I thought then took the white colored notebook. Never forget it!! I smiled as I inserted it into the bag.

“Come on!!” Dad called out and I with my mom walked out of my room with my small luggage.

After putting everything in the car, we got into the car and headed to the house of my dad’s friend.

 

+++

 

[L.Joe’s POV]

 

I got home after school and saw my parents were already ready to leave this house again.

Business, business and business.. Whatever! I thought as I saw them didn’t notice me coming home from school. So, I quickly ran upstairs to get to my room.

“Hyunnie!!” Suddenly I heard my mom’s voice calling out to me. I stopped, but didn’t turn around to face her.

“Stay at home!! Don’t come out with your friends! There’ll be a guest before we leave.” She softly said, but her voice sounded a bit demanding.

I sighed and waited for another words from her. But there was nothing, so I continued walking to my room. After slamming my door shut, I laid my body on my bed as I didn’t really mind what my mom just said. I felt so tired and seeing my busy parents just made my mood dropped. Instead of thinking about that, I decided to get a shower so it would make me feel fresh.

Once I was done taking a shower and get dressed, I just laid down in my bed again and seeing my lonely phone on the bed, I decided to take it and opened Twitter. But suddenly I heard a knock on the door, followed by my mother’s voice telling me to come out of my room. I sighed and just threw my phone on my bed before following what she said and walked downstairs.

“So, here’s my son!!” My dad patted me on my back as he introduced me to the ahjussi and ahjumma who were standing in the living room.

“Woah.. He’s growing up so fast!” The ahjussi commented.

I bowed and gave him polite smile, “L.Joe imnida!”

“Where’s your daughter??” My mom asked.

“She’s still taking her things from the baggage.” The ahjumma replied. “So, L.Joe-ah, please take care of our daughter for a few days, ne? And we’re so sorry for disturbing you.” The ahjumma said with a worried frown on her face.

“It’s okay. He’ll take care of her well, right dear?” My mom convinced as she took a glance at me. I just gave them a little smile and nod.”Oh yeah, and she’ll live here with you for a few days.”

I raised an eyebrow, wondering why she just told me now. But all of a sudden, the daughter of my dad’s friend came into the house.

“Here’s our daughter.” The ahjussi said.

“A-anyeonghaseo, my name is Sangwoon.” The girl bowed politely before looking up at us. “Huh?? You??” She blurted out as soon as she saw me with her eyes wide opened.

I was surprised also when I saw her, the girl from the school before, the junior who was coming late on a first day, but I raised an eyebrow and shrugged it off.

“You both knew each other???” My mom asked.

“N-” That girl called Sangwoon, wasn’t it? She was about to answer awkwardly.

But before she could continue her word, I said “She’s my junior!” since she looked… scared?

“Well, if you need help, don’t hesitate to ask him then.” My mom said, smiling.

“Now.. Let’s go, it’s time to go!!” My dad announced as he looked at his wristwatch.

“Okay!! You both take care, ne?!” The ahjussi, or her dad made sure before they all started to move their body to get out of the house.

“Oh yeah, would you please wake her in the morning, she’s very difficult to be woken up.” The ahjumma stopped and looked at me with a pleading expression.

“Uh..” I slightly gasped, looking at her expressing but I immediately answered, “Okay.”.

“Ah, don’t forget to show her where her room is! And don’t make any trouble!” My mom warned me before saying, “Cutie, make yourself at home! Bye bye!”

They all got into the car and drove off, leaving me and this kid alone in my house.

 

Silent moment immediately surrounded the room after our parents left. But I broke the silence by saying, “Your room is upstairs.”. I then walked towards the kitchen, to the refrigerator to get something to eat.

“W-would you show me the room, sunbaenim??” She stuttered.

I sighed, thinking that yeah she didn’t know the direction of this house. “Follow me!!”

I closed the refrigerator and went upstairs instead, then showed her the guest room that would be her room for the time being. I opened the door, “This is your room.”

She bowed and entered the room with her luggage, “Thank you!”. She bowed again, making me sighed a little.

But then, I went back to the kitchen to find some foods, but I couldn’t find anything edible. “Aish..” I hissed, looking at the clock which was showing 6 pm. I felt my stomach had been calling out my name since I hadn’t eaten anything since from the school.

I thought to go out and grab a dinner outside, but I remembered that there was this kid upstairs. I sighed and decided to go upstairs, trying to be nice to her and offer her to come with me.

“Yah, you..” I softly said as I opened the door, but…

“Aaaaaaahhh...!!!” Suddenly she screamed, making me spontaneously stepped back and closed the door.

Did I see something?? I questioned myself as I couldn’t blink my eyes because of a shocking moment I just went through, I leaned my body on the wall as my right hand was still holding the doorknob tightly. She was… about… to change her clothes.

“I’m done sunbaenim.. You can come in.” I heard her after a few moments.

I shook my head and blinked my eyes before turning the doorknob and opened the door again. I was still in shock and I didn’t know why but I felt that my face was burning red. I wasn’t so sure about what to do. “I’m so sorry about that, I didn’t know that you-”

“It’s okay, sunbaenim, it’s not your fault. It’s mine since I should’ve locked the door.” She apologized and bowed at me.

Looking at her acting like that I couldn’t help but sighed and just blamed her softly, “Yeah, You should’ve locked the door!!”

“I’m so sorry sunbaenim.” She looked down.

Seeing her having a miserable look on her face, I sighed. “Ahh, forget it. Have you eaten??” I was about to get angry because of her expression but I knew it was not completely her fault, and my stomach was too hungry to scold her.

“Not yet.” She answered, still with a guilty face.

“Then let’s go out to eat! I’m hungry.” I told her and quickly turned around before walking out of her room.

I felt her following me running down the stairs and as we both got out of my house and I locked the door, and then we walked together to a small restaurant near my house. On the way to the restaurant, we didn’t talk to each other or make a small talk. We just kept on silent.