Chapter 2 : New Best Friends

Best Twitter Friend = School Enemy [Editing/revamping-continuing]

Italic : thoughts


 

“Aaahhh... OMG!! They’re coming!!! They’re coming!!” Suddenly a high-pitched voice of girls screaming was heard.

 

The boys and I turned our attention and looked at the direction where the scream was coming from and there I saw some girls were in a group and being excited like an idol group was about to come into the canteen.

“What??? Who’s coming?????” I suddenly blurted out, confused.

“Whoa??” Niel, Ricky and Changjo spontaneously looked at me with a shocked expression.

I blinked, clueless. I completely didn’t know what was going on, so I just shrugged and looked at them with a curious face that told them to explain it for me.

“Oh girl, you don’t know The Badass???” Changjo gulped as he looked at me in disbelief. I shook my head.

“Oh man.. The Bad Girl doesn’t know The Badass group???” Ricky added with somehow a mocking tone.

I hit his arm, “Yah!”

“Well, now you know!!!” Niel easily said as his gaze was locked at somewhere.

I followed his gaze and it led me to three boys and a girl who walked into the canteen with somehow a badass vibe. I tried to get a clear vision of them and asked, “They’re the seniors in our class, right??”

“Yep! They’re The Badass. A group of seniors who loves to bully another students, except Minzy sunbaenim of course.” Niel explained.

“Yeah.. And don’t ever mess with them or you’ll get bullied by them..” Ricky added and whispered at the last part, “..forever.”

“Oh.. Okay.. But I guess one of them already hates me.” I frowned and looked down. “So, you guys better stay away from me!”

“Yah! That’s not what friends are for!!” Changjo exclaimed, disagreed.

“Yeah, stupid Bad Girl!! We’ll be a good friend and never let our friend get into a problem with them!” Ricky convinced me. I was surprised by that but felt somehow touched because of his words.

“We’ll be here for you, Sangwoon!! We’re friends, right??” Niel added, smiling. I couldn’t help but smiled also.

“Yeah, we’re friends, Best Friends!!!” I exclaimed happily.

“Wait.. Hyung, Changjo, we’re already Best Friends since years ago!! We just got a new Best Friend!!” Ricky said proudly.

“Hahaha yeah.. We’re BEST FRIENDS!! Forever!!” Changjo innocently said as he held out his hand and we all followed him.

“Best Friends Forever!!” We all said that at the same time while throwing our hands in the air, we then laughed at our childish action.

Suddenly someone said, “Hey cutie.. What’s up??”

Changjo, Ricky, Niel and I turned to that voice and we saw Chunji and The Badass walked past us. I raised my eyebrow.

“Or you’ll be one of the Badass!! He seems to you, Bad Girl!” Ricky whispered teasingly.

“Yah! Would you stop calling me Bad Girl?? But well, if he likes me, I’m so sorry because I don’t like him.” I said then chuckled.

“Okay, won’t stop call you Bad Girl.” Ricky stuck his tongue on me.

I sighed, “Okay, I’ll call you Sissy Boy!!!”

“Yah!!” He whined.

 

The bell rang, indicating that recess time was over and it was time to enter the class again. But for the juniors like me, it seemed like we wouldn’t really enter the class this time. Since we were still in orientation period, next would be the time for us to explore the school. And of course, the seniors would lead us.

“Well, we will divide you into 4 groups.” Minzy sunbaenim said once all of my new classmates were gathered at the yard near our classroom.

“This line goes with me, this with Minzy, that line with L.Joe and that line with Chunji.” CAP sunbaenim explained while pointing to each row of 10 students and the respective senior.

“Okay, let’s start to explore this school!! I’d love to do it.” Chunji said happily.

Oh my God. Why do I have to be in this senior’s group?? I hope he would not tell me to do something strange again. I thought, frowning and hoping for the best for my life.

“Sangwoon-ah, come on!” Changjo said, making me snapped back from my thoughts.

“Oh.. Okay” I gasped slightly.

I and all the 9 other students explored the school with L.Joe sunbaenim as the leader of our group. And as he explained everything about the school’s environment and some stories or histories, I felt a little bored and tired of walking.

“Changjo-ah, aren’t you bored??” I blurted out and asked Changjo who walked beside me all of a sudden.

“Yeah, little bit.” He answered with a low tone.

“Yah!! You must pay attention!!” L.Joe sunbaenim suddenly shouted, and I’m sure it was directed to me.

I gasped but immediately turned my attention to him and there, I saw his sharp gaze shot me right in my eyes. I blinked my eyes uneasily.

“Now tell me what room was that??” He pointed to the room in the corner.

Ow, ow.. What room was that?? I thought, gulping.

“What??” L.Joe sunbaenim demanded, making everyone dead quiet.

“Chemical laboratory” I heard Changjo whispered to me in a very low tone.

“Yah! Don’t tell her!” L.Joe sunbaenim saw it when Changjo whispered to me.

“I’m sorry sunbaenim, it’s my fault.” Changjo bravely said and bowed at him.

“Next time let her find out herself!” L.Joe sunbaenim said in angry tone but let him slide. “Now you, ask what room was that to the people in there!!”

“N-ne, sunbaenim.” I stuttered but immediately walked to that room.

Tsk.. Why is he always angry?? At me?? Why?? What have I done wrong to him?? I thought in frustration as I walked into the room.

“Excuse me!” I said soon as I saw a person that looked like a teacher in the room and immediately bowed once she turned around.

“Oh yeah.. Can I help you?” The teacher asked nicely.

“Uh, my senior told me to ask what room is this, to the people in here.” I explained, a little bit unsure.

“Oh haha.. Well, you can see what room is this.” The teacher smiled as she looked around, letting me see what room was it.

“Yes, I know. Thank you, seonsaengnim!” I bowed to the teacher and went out of the room immediately.

I walked back to the others and somehow still grumbled at myself because of the silly moment I just had.

“So???” L.Joe sunbaenim asked as soon as I stopped at my previous spot.

“That’s a chemical laboratory room.” I answered.

“OK! Please pay attention!!” He said then continued leading us to explore the school.

 

After done we all went back to our class and that was when the bell rang, signaling that it was the time to go home.

“It’s done for today.. So, see you later?!” Minzy sunbaenim said then we all leaft the class.

I walked out of the class with Changjo, Ricky and Niel.

“Ahh.. So tired!!” I whined.

“Me too..” Niel added.

“Let’s have some ice cream to celebrate our new best friend!!” Ricky suggested all of a sudden.

“Yeah.. Good idea!! It’s hot anyway.” Changjo agreed, chuckling.

“Okay, I’m in!!” I exclaimed, nodding my head.

“Of course me too..” Niel said. “You’re paying!!!”

“Okayyy..” Ricky said happily.

We entered the ice cream shop then ordered 4 ice creams for us. Fooling around like a little kid and getting to know each other more, well, it seemed like just me getting to know them more since they knew each other very well already, we didn’t realize that it was already 4pm. Suddenly I got phone call.

“Yoboseyo?!” I said as I picked up the phone, “Oh..Okay!!” I then hung up the phone.

“Who was that??” Niel asked.

“Mom. She told me to come home immediately!” I answered.

“OK.. Let’s go home!! It’s 4pm already.” Changjo said, as he looked at his wristwatch.

And then we walked home together since our houses were somehow in a same way.

 

When I got home, I saw my Mom and Dad were already getting ready with their luggages in living room.

“Where are you going???” I asked.