Chapter 1 : First Day

Best Twitter Friend = School Enemy [Editing/revamping-continuing]

Italic : thoughts


 

[SangWoon POV]

 

“Sangwoon!!! Wake up.. It’s your first day. You shouldn’t be late!!” I heard my mom’s voice shouting while she shook my legs, waking me up.

“What time is it??” I yawned as I rubbed my eyes, still lying in my bed and trying to open my heavy eyes.

“Look!!! It’s 6.30 a.m.!! Hurry up or you’ll be late again!” My mom said in a high tone as she somehow slapped my legs, surely just to make me hurry and get up. But,

“Just a second.” I said sleepily and hugged the pillow beside me, trying to get a little sleep for a second.

“Come on!!” She said, pulling my legs as if she was about to pull my whole body off of the bed.

“Aahhh.. okay okay.. I’m waking up now!!” I whined, finally opening my eyes and starting to get up from my comfortable bed.

“HURRY!!” My mom glared at me.

I slightly sighed but decided to walk to the bathroom immediately and took a shower quickly.

 

After done getting dressed and all, I looked at the wall clock and, “OMO!!” My eyes grew bigger than a golf ball as I saw it was 6.50 a.m. already. And guess what? The class would start at 7 o’clock while from my home to school, it would take 15 minutes. Great!

I quickly took my backpack and ran to the dining room. One bite of bread for breakfast and a glass of water was the only thing I could do before I ran out of my house.

 

“Oh God!!” I mumbled as I looked at my wristwatch, trying to get to my class in a rush.

As I reached the classroom, I stopped right in front of the closed door and tried to catch my breath slightly as I felt somehow panting and my heart was beating rapidly. Oh God!! Please help me!! I hope the seniors wouldn’t mad at me..

I took a deep breath and knocked the door before opening the door. “I’m sorry I’m late!” I quickly bowed to the seniors who were standing right in front of the class.

“It’s okay.. Sit down please!!” The only female senior in the class said, smiling.

Those words and that senior unnie’s smile made me somehow sighed in relief for both my body and soul. I bowed once again at them and was about to get to an empty seat at the back of the class.

“Wait!”

My heart jumped at the sudden call and I felt uneasy when I heard that word. But I had no choice but to turn around.

“It’s your first day and you’re already late??” A male senior with a pink hair said, insulting? Well, his voice sounded a little bit like that.

“I-I’m so sorry sunbaenim..” I stuttered and bowed deeply to the seniors.

“How can you be a good student if you already late on a first day?!” He scolded me while I just looked down.

“Yah.. Why did you scold her?? It’s okay bro, you’re still far more mischievous than her.” Another male senior that looked somehow like TOP but smaller than TOP, said teasing that pink-haired senior. “Now please sit down!!”

“Yeah, don’t make this cutie girl scared bro!!” Another male senior with a sweet face looked at me and hit the pinky hair senior in the arm with a book. The pinky hair senior just sighed.

As I finally sat on an empty seat at the back of the class, I saw some people were whispering to each other and looking at me. Oh God!! I hope no one will hate me, but I think that sunbae is already hating me . I thought worriedly.

“Ouh.. Bad girl!!” Suddenly someone whispered to me, making me turned around and saw a boy from the table next to mine smirking evilly to me. He looked like a girl.

“Yah.. Don’t disturb other people!!” A boy beside him said. But I just gave them my forced smile.

“Well.. Let me introduce myself and.. them. I’m Minzy” The female senior said, smiling.

“This is CAP, the coolest guy in this whole world” She said, pointing the boy that had a look like TOP. And then they hugged.

I frowned at the sudden action. They’re a couple, right? I asked myself, clueless.

“Aaawwwhhhh..” All the new students teased them.

“Shut up!!” CAP sunbaenim snapped with a smile.

“And this is-” She continued but got cut off by that senior with a sweet face. “The Prince, Chunji. Be careful boys, your girls may leave you because of me!!” He acted cool, making some girls screamed in love while the boys went “Huuuu..!!!”, booing him.

“And meet my mate L.Joe, the mischievous boy!!” Chunji sunbaenim patted the guy with a pink hair on the back and he just made a cool smile, making some girls just went like ‘aww’ and whispering to each other, fangirling.

“Now, it’s time for you introduce yourself!!” Minzy sunbaenim said, looking at us with bright eyes.

“Starting from you!!!” L.Joe sunbaenim pointed at me all of a sudden, along with his sharp gaze.

I gasped slightly as my eyes widened while I felt like all eyes were on me already. Damn!! I bet he really hates me. I thought, but, “Oh okay..” I said softly as I stood up from my seat and walked to the front of a class.

“Hello, I’m-” suddenly I got cut off by a knock on the door. Minzy sunbaenim walked towards the door while CAP sunbaenim told me to stop and followed her. I did stop and waited for Minzy and CAP sunbaenim who talked to the teacher at the door, but Chunji sunbaenim looked at me with a creepy smile, making me somehow felt uncomfortable so I looked away. But I just caught a glimpse of L.Joe sunbaenim who just sat on the teacher’s seat and played with his pen. I let out a light sigh and kept standing in front of the class.

“Attention!!” CAP sunbaenim shouted, gathering everybody’s attention in the room. “This class will have one more student to be added, so…”

“Come in!!” Minzy sunbaenim called someone from outside the door. Then a tall boy came into the room.

“Introduce yourself, please!!” Minzy sunbaenim told that boy.

“But unnie, it’s my turn!!” I unconsciously blurted out in a low voice, objecting.

“No, no, no.. Let him first!!” L.Joe sunbaenim stood up.”You, keep standing here until he finishes introducing himself!!”

I sighed and had the urge to roll my eyes at this mean sunbaenim, but I held it in.

“I’m Changjo. I’m 15 years old and I was from Priv Junior High School.” He said simply.

“Hm, so why do you want to study in this school??” Minzy sunbaenim asked.

“Because I think this school is awesome. Many great achievers were graduated from this school.” He said confidently, making the seniors just nodded.

“Okay.. Sit down, please!!” Chunji sunbaenim quickly said and moved his body towards my direction. “Now let me know who this cutie is.”

I slightly side-eyeing him but just let it slide and immediately said, “I’m Sangwoon, 15 years old and was from Licy Junior High School.”

“That’s it??” Chunji sunbaenim asked, objecting.

“Yes.” I nodded.

“What about.. Do you have boyfriend??” Chunji sunbaenim teased me with his sweet face and playful wink.

I frowned, looking at his act.

But before I could do anything CAP sunbaenim pushed Chunji’s sunbaeni’s head playfully, “Yah.. What are you talking about???”. Chunji’s sunbaenim whined softly as he rubbed his head.

“Hmm.. What’s your hobby??” Minzy sunbaenim tried to give another question.

“Singing and dancing?” I answered vaguely.

L.Joe sunbaenim came closer to me, looking like he examined me thoroughly while he kept silent. I spontaneously felt weird. “Now let us see how you did your hobbies!!” He shouted and stepped back with an evil smile.

My eyes widened. OMG!!! How can I do that?? Would be embarrassing! I thought, uneasily.

“Yeah.. That’s a good idea, bro!!” Chunji sunbaenim’s face turned bright as he said that, nodding. “Let me hear your beautiful voice!”

Oh God!! What should I do?? I dont want to dance and sing in here. I stood there with no reaction.

“Come on!!” CAP sunbaenim said as he sat on the seat beside Minzy sunbaenim.

Oh God!! Help meee..!! I screamed out loud in my mind, not really sure about what to do.

“This school doesn’t accept shy students!!” L.Joe sunbaenim easily said.

Yeah.. You shouldn’t be shy, Sangwoon!! You can do this!! I convinced myself. But..

“Come on girl!!” Chunji sunbaenim smiled at me. A smile that seemed quite encouraging.

“O-okay” I said nervously.

“Go!!” Minzy sunbaenim shrugged.

I took a deep breath and somehow gathered my courage before starting to sing, “I don’t wanna be without you girl got me slowly dying.. Where did we go wrong my girl why can’t we keep on trying.. I don’t wanna be without you girl I gave my heart to you.. Going out my mind ‘cause I love you I need you girl..” I stopped and made a silly grin. “Enough.”

Some people gave me a round of applause including Chunji, Minzy and CAP sunbaenim.

“Wow wow wow.. That was amazing, girl!!” Chunji sunbaenim patted my back and I just smiled while I was surely felt that a frown was made.

Huh.. Fortunately I can do it, even though I feel so embarrassed. I thought, feeling my face was burning red like I was probably blushing, and at least this embarrassing moment had done now.

“Where’s the dance??” L.Joe sunbaenim said, seemed like he was not satisfied.

I gulped at the sudden question, he surely gave me a heart attack. “I-I can’t dance!!” I said worriedly. Please please please don’t force me to dance.. I wished sincerely in my mind.

“You said your hobbies were singing and dancing, and I want to see you dance!!” L.Joe sunbaenim said.

“But-” I would said ‘that just hobbies’, but,

“What??” He said with a look of mocking, he totally looked intimidating.

“Ahh.. You guys stop it!!” CAP sunbaenim finally said.

“Yeah.. And you, L.Joe just let her!! We still have 38 more kids that haven’t introduced themselves.” Minzy sunbaenim looked like she got annoyed by L.Joe sunbaenim. “You can sit now!”

I breathed out heavily and walked back to my seat. Turned out that boy Changjo sat on an empty seat beside mine.

“Next! You!!” Minzy pointed at a boy who was calling me Bad Girl.

I sat down and just watched my new friends introduced themselves.

“I’m Ricky, 15 and was from Priv Junior High School” That boy who called me Bad Girl introduced himself.

“Awh.. You’re beautiful, boy!!” Minzy sunbaenim commented. And blah blah blah...

Next was the boy beside Ricky.

“I’m Niel 16 and was from Priv Junior High School.” He said. Then next, next and next...

I was getting bored so I leaned my head on a desk.

“Your voice was great!!” Suddenly someone talked to me.

I looked up. “Oh? Thanks. And you were so… tall.” I replied and grinned.

He chuckled. “You’re funny.. I’m Changjo.”

“Yeah.. I know.. You’ve said that before. And, I’m Sangwoon.” I said awkwardly, scratching the back of my head.

“I hope we can be friends!” He smiled.

“Of course we can. Nice to meet you, Changjo!!” I said with a wide smile.

“Nice to meet you too, Sangwoon!” He said. Then we talked to each other.

Didn’t feel it, the bell rang and finally lunch time had come. I went to the canteen to buy a drink since I got thirsty pretty easily. And then I just sat alone since I hadn’t made a close friend yet.

“You’re alone?!” Someone said, and it was exactly surprising me.

I turned around. “Ah, yeah.. You surprised me!”

“Sorry!!” He smiled and sat down beside me.

“Yah!! Changjo.. Why are you with this Bad Girl?!?” A cheerful voice appeared, making me and Changjo turned around to see who it was. As we turned around, there were Niel and Ricky. Then they sat down with us.

“Yah!! Don’t call me Bad Girl!! I’m not!” I shouted at Ricky.

“Yes you are!!” He mocked me.

“No I’m NOT!!!!” I said.

“YOU ARE!!” He still mocked me.

“No, I’m not!! You’re sissy boy!!” I mocked him back.

“Yah!! Don’t say that!! I’m not sissy!!” He shouted.

“YOU ARE!!” I stuck my tongue on him.

“YAH!! BAD GIRL!!”

“Yah!! You guys stop it!! You both seem like little kids who fight over a candy!!” Niel finally separated us.

“Nah, I’m not!!!” I and Ricky said at the same time. We looked at each other, “Yah!!”

“Look!!” Niel sighed.

“Hahaha.. You guys are funny..” Changjo laughed.

“No!!” I and Ricky said at the same time again.

“Aaahhh... OMG!! They’re coming!!! They’re coming!!” Suddenly a high-pitched voice of girls screaming was heard.