.08

Time, please stop.

 

 

 

 

 

“Oppa, do you want coffee?”

“Yes, sure.”

 

Haeyong is preparing their lunch in the kitchen, when he walks to the living-room. He checks on his

phone that has just done charging and the first thing he does is calling Sooyun. He frowns, when she doesn’t pick up his call and he is sure that by now she’s already awaken.

 

“Breakfast’s ready.”

 

He places his phone on the table and settles down at the table.

 

 

“How’s work?”

 

Haeyong comes out from the kitchen and brings his coffee on the tray.

 

“Dongwoo transferred to a new company last week so, it’s pretty hectic. I’ve got some people in the

lists to take over his position.”

“Ah, I see. Hmm, I haven’t got the chance to ask you last night. But how is Sooyun?”

“Sooyun? She’s doing well.”

 

 

Myungsoo still feels awkward talking about her with Haeyong. He wants to take care of his wives’

feelings. The last thing he wants is to have anyone of them to get hurt by unnecessary things.

 

 

“Good to hear that.” Haeyong knows her husband well to understand that he doesn’t want to talk

about it anymore.

“Why didn’t you tell me about her trauma with the elevator?”

“Trauma? What trauma?”

“You didn’t know?”

 

Haeyong shakes her head and Myungsoo sighs when he realizes, how Sooyun has really opened up to him, and he is afraid that he might not be able to be a better husband for her.

 

*************

 

 

 

 

 

She’s at the library, when her phone buzzes. She looks at the caller id and her eyes sparkle with

happiness. She wants to pick it up but remembering about last night’s event, she sighs and ignores it. She knows that it’s immature for her to do so, but she couldn’t deny the fact that she feels hurt. She tries to stay positive but it starts to fade when she doesn’t see any missed calls on her phone when

she woke up.

 

 

“Hey, are you okay?”

 

She snaps back to reality and looks at her partner besides her.

 

“Oh yeah, I’m okay. So, it’s all done now, right? It’s getting late and I have a bus to catch.”

“Well, if you don’t mind, I can send you home.”

 

She looks at her watch and peeks outside. It’s getting dark even though it’s only 4pm. It’s going to rain soon, she guess.

 

 

“Hmm, if you don’t mind?”

“Of course, I don’t. Let’s go.” The guy flashes his charming smile.

 

 

Her lips twirled into a smile unconsciously. She had always admired her project partner for so long.

She had to admit that she got crush on him and still has. She had known him for two years now.

 

 

His name is Hoya, Lee Hoya. He’s from Busan and she thinks that his accent sounds ridiculously cute. Even though he tries hard to cover his accent, when he gets excited, he doesn’t even realize that he talks in his Busan accent.

He is a good-looking guy, she has to admit that, too. She would be lying if she said she doesn’t hope for him to be her boyfriend. It’s even hard to concentrate on studying when she’s near him. But as time goes by, she accepts the fact that she’s married now and her feeling towards Myungsoo is growing.

 

It’s funny how she was still hoping that he actually had feelings for her, when she broke the news of her marriage. But he didn’t even look near upset. Instead, he gave her his blessing.

 

 

“Sooyun-ah, are you hungry? Do you want to eat before going home?”

 

Her phone vibrates again and it goes completely unnoticed by her.

 

Since Myungsoo won’t be home today, she doesn’t feel like cooking at all. “Yeah, sure.”

“Fantastic. I know this new place and I’ve been meaning to bring you there.”

 

 

 

 

They are on the car heading back home when Hoya asks her about her life as a newlywed.

 

“How is your husband?”

“Oh. He’s.. okay. I still haven’t got the chance to know him but as time goes by, I think we will learn about each other better.” She tries to sounds convincing, when the fact is that she doesn’t even know, if it will come true or not.

 

 

Hoya just nods and his eyes are set on the road ahead.

 

Sooyun clears . “So, how about you and Ara?”

 

He has dated Ara for about six months now. She’s not a creep or anything to the extent that she knows how long he’s dating her, but since she is close to him and been with him for quite some time now.

She could clearly remember that day when he broke the news about him dating her. She cried that night. The first time that she cried over a guy. Ever.

 

 

“We broke up about a month ago.” He casually replied.

“Eh? Why?” She looks at him, agape, obviously surprised.

He chuckles. “Why are you even surprised? We both know the reason she dated me.”

 

Yes, she knows why. Hoya is pretty much everyone guy’s dream to be. Handsome, kind hearted, gentlemen and filthy rich. She knows that sounds a bit too much but he’s the only child in his family and his dad own the largest private hospital in Korea. His father recently bought a Lamborghini for him and she damn well knows that he could even buy a Bugatti, if he wanted to.

 

 

“Oh. Sorry to hear that.”

“You don’t have to, really. I guess I dated her only because my dream girl told me that she had found her true love.”

 

 

Oh, that’s new to her.

 

“You didn’t tell me about that.”

 

 

They’ve reached at Sooyun’s apartment and he parks his car on the opposite road. He gets out from the car and opens the door to her and she thanks him.

 

It’s already late and the road is pretty much dead. He leans on the hood of his car and smiles while looking at her. She curses silently when she literally can feel her cheeks turning red but thankfully the surrounding is pretty dark.

 

 

“How am I supposed to tell that girl, when she told me that she’s going to get married in over a week?”

 

She freezes and her eyes widen and she looks at him surprised. Her phone is vibrating again but she’s too shocked to even answer the phone.

 

“What?”

“You heard me.” He sighs. “I’ve always liked you, Sooyun. But I was too coward to say it to you. I was afraid that our feelings are not mutual. I was afraid that I might lose you. If I’m going to lose  you as a lover, I don’t want to lose you as my friend.”

 

He reaches out for her hand and gently squeezes it. “Please, tell me that you feel the same way as I do, too.”

“Hoya...” Her voice trembles. “I am married now. This... I can’t..”

“But you do feel the same way, too, right?”

“I... Yes, but that was a long time ago.” She doesn’t even know, whether that’s a lie or not. Does she still like him?

 

He stands up and stands near her. Too near till she can even feel his hot breathing tickling her skin.

She gulps and looks down.

 

“Look at me, Sooyun-ah.”

 

He lifts her chin with his hand and when their gazes meet, he smiles.

 

 

“That is good enough for me. Promise me something.”

“What is it?”

“Promise me to be happy with your life and live to the fullest.”

 

 

She chokes on her own spit and her eyes start to brim with tears. But before she can even open to say anything to him, she hears a voice calling out for her name from behind.

 

She turns around and she blanches. It’s him. Her husband. Oh no.

 

She turns around to Hoya and backs away slightly.

 

“I have to go now. I guess, I’ll see you on Wednesday.”

 

 

He just nods and gets into the car. When he disappears from her sight, she looks back to the direction, where Myungsoo stands and he’s still there. His expression is unreadable. She doesn’t know what to do. Does she have to greet him? Does she have to explain to him about what has just happened?

 

But in the end, she just decides to stay silent and walks pass him. She hears his footsteps behind her and she hurries her walking and heads towards the stairs. She doesn’t look back when she hears his presence following her but she speeds up her pace. She doesn’t even know why she wants to run away from him.

 

 

Sooyun screams a little when her foot slips and she almost fell but thankfully Myungsoo is fast enough and he catches her before her body could hit the hard floor.

 

She straightens and scoots away from him.

 

“Why are you doing this?”

 

She looks up and her eyes meet with his.

 

“What?”

“This. Why are you running away from me? Why aren’t you picking up your phone? I was worried sick!”

 

She flinches, when he raises his voice.

 

“I was waiting for you but I was greeted with a sight of my wife with another man.” He sighs. “Why are you doing this to me?”

“What have I done?” She replies weakly her eyes set to the floor.

 

“What have you done? Do you have any idea how I wanted to punch that guy who held your hand just now? How I wanted to tell him to off from being near my wife? Do you have any idea how worried I was when you ignored my calls? I thought something bad had happened to you.”

 

“I’m sorry Myungsoo. I’m sorry for being a burden to you.”

“What? Burden? You’re not a burden to me Lee Sooyun! You are my wife for God's sake.”

“But you don’t love me. We are married because..”

 

“I love you, alright? Is that what you want to hear? I love you, Lee Sooyun. I was too afraid to admit it before. I was confused at first, but this feeling.” He holds her hands and brings them to his heart. “I know what it is.”

 

She bites her lips and looks up at him.

 

“Do you love me?”

“I... I don’t know, but we surely don’t act like one.”

 

“I’m going to say this one more time. I love you, Lee Sooyun, and now I am going to show you exactly what those words mean."