.05

Time, please stop.

 

 

 

 

 

 

His eyes slowly open, his eyebrow furrows when he feels the bed shifts roughly. His vision is all blurry but he can see the blurry image of someone dashing towards the bathroom before the door closes with a loud thump. He hastily wakes up before stretching his body lazily, glancing over to the watch on the side table.

 

He reaches out for his phone and begins to type in a message to Haeyong, telling her that he is okay and he will come back later this evening. It only takes a minute before he hears a message arrives and his eyes widen when he reads the message from Haeyong.

 

 

‘Stay with Sooyun for the rest of the week and don’t even think about coming back here until she forgives you.’

 

 

He groans in disappointment, fully knowing that he can’t argue with her since it’s his fault. His thought is interrupted with the door to the bathroom opens, Sooyun re-emerges from the bathroom with only wearing a robe. Her long hair is entirely soaks wet. She freezes when her eyes meet with his but she quickly snaps back and dashes towards her drawer and picking up a lavender tshirt, a jeans and her lingerie before she goes into the bathroom again.

 

His eyes blinks rapidly as her sight disappears from his eyes and his breathing slowly back to a normal pace.  There’s a forbidden feeling in his stomach the moment he sees her exposed self. He know that it is wrong for him to feel like that, it’s like he’s betraying his Haeyong, but he is a man, after all. And the fact that Sooyun is also his wife now, it means that he can do whatever he wants to do with her, legally. He quickly shakes that thought from his head as he stands up from the bed and walk out of the door and head towards the kitchen.

 

 

 

He washes his face thoroughly with the water, gently rubbing his face with his palm. He’s still thinking on how to apologize to Sooyun but looking at how she’s rushing to get dress, she must already have a plan ahead. He tilts his head when he hears the door to their bedroom opens and Sooyun is on the phone, talking to someone.

 

 

“Yes, I’m already on the way. Sorry I didn’t hear the alarm clock. Yes, yes okay. See you there Hoya.”

 

 

A small smile appears on her lips when she has done talking and there’s yet another forbidden feeling inside his stomach when he hears a guy’s name slips from her lips.

 

His mind snaps back to reality when her deep brown eyes eyes lock with his. He wants to say something but Sooyun cut him off.

 

 

 

“I have a study group with a friend and I will be late.” She pauses momentarily. Her lips press into a thin line. “I have the key to the house so don’t worry about that. Send my regard to Haeyong unnie.”

 

“Wait, can we...”

 

“I’m sorry but I’m already late. Whatever you want to say, can we talk later, after your turn at unnie’s house?”

 

 

She doesn’t look at him as she’s busy with her shoes. She just briefly looks up at him and the moment he gives her a small nods, she walks out of the door without looking back.

 

He let out a deep sigh as he confirms himself that Sooyun is still mad at him. Very mad. He doesn’t blame her though. He kept on remembering what Haeyong told him. That she hadn’t open up to everyone else before but him. He sits on the nearest couch and massages his temple, thinking how to make it up for her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He’s in his office when he hears the main door opens. He shoots up from the chair and peeks outside. It’s almost 9 pm and she had gone for almost 10 hours. He couldn’t help but to feel angry. Part of him angry because she doesn’t return his calls nor messages, and part of him feels jealous towards the guy whom she met for the study group.

 

He wants his wife to be at home, to attend his need, not to be abandon for the whole day. He wants to get to know her. So that he can understand her better. Yes, he knows that it’s his fault because he always refused to get to know her before the marriage. But they are married now, she is under his guardian from now on.

 

 

 

He is sitting on the couch at the living room when Sooyun emerges from their bedroom. She’s already in her night dress and he gulps a little when her long milky legs are fully exposes to his view.

 

Her movements halt when she sees him, because she obviously doesn’t expect him to be at the house today.

 

 

 

“Where have you been?” His voice comes out as firm as ever but only he knows what he is feeling right now.

 

“I was studying for the final project with a friend.” She replies to him without making any eye contact and it frustrates him even more. “Why are you here? I thought today is Haeyong unnie turn?”

 

“Why didn’t you answer my call or reply to my messages? I was worried sick. How did you get back home?”

 

That catches her attention as she looks at him, puzzled.

 

 

 

“I didn’t notice your calls or messages right before I am already on the way back.” She finishes drinking her milk before she continues. “Hoy... I mean, my friend sent me home.” She cleans the glass before gently placing it on the side of the sink. “And I didn’t know that you’re worried about me.”

 

“Of course I am worry about you. You are my wife!” He raises his voice, furious over her replies.

 

 

She flinches a little when he raises his voice. Her eyebrows furrows as if he had said something wrong.

 

 

 

“Good to know that.” She said nonchalantly, still avoiding his eyes as she makes her way to the bedroom.

 

“What’s that suppose to mean Sooyun?” His voice softens when realized that he’s being too harsh on her. He’s just being protective, not more than that.

 

She turns around, and he inhales deeply as their gazes lock once again.

 

 

 

 

“It’s good to know you finally acknowledge that I’m your wife.” She shrugs.

 

“Sooyun ah.”

 

 

 

Without waiting for his further conversation, she walks back to the bedroom, feeling utterly spent from the study group. She’s ready to dive in the bed and settle in with to a deep slumber when a hand spins her around. She gasps when she lost control and lands perfectly on his chest. It takes her a few seconds to retrieve to her self as she jerks her body away gently from him.

His hand however, still on hers.

 

 

“What are you doing?”

 

“Look Sooyun ah, I’m sorry. I’m sorry for what happened last night. I promise I won’t...”

 

“No don’t.” She stops him as she releases his hand away from her. “Don’t make a promise that you can’t keep.”

 

She storms to the bathroom, brushing her teeth before she hops in the bed and closes her eyes, facing away from him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just another short update, mian T^T