.02

Time, please stop.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sooyun POV

 

 

This is it. The day that will change my life forever. My status that is. I can’t believe at the age of 21, I’m going to marry. And I don’t even know about him that much. I only know his name, a little bit about his history. I personally had never spoken to him before. I know how he looks like though. Haeyong unnie had shown me his picture before. I could clearly remember how I blush when I saw what he looks like for the first time. He is a really good looking man. Breathtaking to be exact. He has a really define jaw, his eyes captured my attention the most. He looks really young, though I’ve been told that he is eight years older than me.

 

 

I told a few of my friends about my wedding, and they wanted to come to my special day but I politely decline their wishes. Thankfully they understood me well. I’ve never grown closer to anyone else except Haeyong unnie.

Here I am, in my wedding gown, waiting alone in the waiting room and waiting for our wedding ceremony turn to take place. There was no one with me right now when the makeup unnie had done with her work. She did me a soft smokey neutral eyes, with a soft warm red lipstick and topped with a warm pink blush that brightens my pale complexion a little bit more. She has left just now after congratulating me with my wedding.

 

 

I’m beyond nervous as the time ticking by. I hold on to my phone as I’m waiting for Haeyong unnie call. She promised me to be here but she is nowhere to be seen. I keep dialling her number but she didn’t pick up. Did something happen? God, please let her be safe.

 

I can’t keep my fingers from tapping my lap nervously. I could feel the dry sweats trickling down to either side of my face. I’m beyond nervous right now, it feels like my heart is going to explode sooner or later.

 

 

 

Slowly, the door to my room open and I expect to see Haeyong unnie to appear but I frown when it isn’t her, but the church’s staff instead. Yes, I’m going to get married in a church, a simple one to be exact. I decline politely when Haeyong unnie wants to held a big ceremony for my wedding. I just can’t do it. I would rather to marry in a simple ceremony and she granted my wish.

She informs me that it is time for me to step out and proceed with my wedding. I politely nod at her and she gives me a genuine smile before she leaves.

 

 

 

I gather all my courage and my legs literally shaking all the way as I slowly make my way to the altar. There, I saw him standing in his suits. I gasp at his appearance as this is actually the first time that I see him with my two eyes. He looks more handsome than he is in the picture. His eyes are cold but they soften when our gazes meet, and I can see that his eyes widen a little.

 

I lower my gaze as I could feel my blush turns deeper one shade. I walk ever so slowly, accompanied with a soft wedding melody that they would play on every wedding ceremony. There is only one guy in the hall other than myself, Myungsoo and the priest. I can only saw the back of his side as I make my way to the end of the altar.

 

 

Myungsoo slowly held out his hand for me to reach as I find it hard to step on the stairs with my gown. I shyly take his hand in mine and my body feels a slight tingle all of sudden upon feeling his hand on mine. I shake away that feeling quickly as Haeyong unnie face appears in my mind.

 

 

Everything goes on smoothly and before I know it, I am already pronounced as his wife by the priest. My heart beat faster when the priest asks him to kiss the bride, which is me. We turn to face each other, his sharp eyes bore into mine. I quickly shift my eyes lower as he slowly approaches near me, kissing my now hot burning cheeks.

 

The kiss is light but his lips linger on my cheek for a while, and his breathing shallow. I could tell that he had just realized that he is now officially married to me. I am his now.

 

 

We turn around to face the empty hall, except for that one occupied chair. I can see his face clearly now. He gives a slight nod to Myungsoo and his eyes set on me before he walks out of the door. Myungsoo hold on to my hand as we walk towards the other end of the altar before I excuse myself to change.

 

 

 

I strip from my wedding gown and I carefully place it on the box. I change into a comfortable clothes and I turn around to examine the room, to make sure that I don’t leave anything else behind. The first thing I saw when I walk out of the church is a limo and Myungsoo is leaning against the front of the guests’ door. He straightens up when he sees me and I walk towards him, holding on to my suitcase before he takes it from me and hand it over to the driver. He opens the door and I thank him before I hop in.

 

 

The drive to our new house is painfully quiet. I am sitting on the right side of the car and he is on the opposite side. There is a huge space between us. I glance lightly to watch him. He is looking outside the window, his face is serious as if he is thinking about something. I couldn’t bring myself to initiate a conversation so I keep my mouth shut before my eyes slowly shut on its own.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I don’t know for how long I have been sleeping but my eyes slowly open when I could feel someone is nudging me softly. It was him.

 

“Oh, I’m sorry.” I quickly apologize to him.

“It’s okay. We’re here. Come.” His voice is firm but tender at the same time.

 

 

 

I tuck my hairs behind my ears before I slowly get out from the car. I follow his step and I freeze when we stop in front of a lift. Oh no.

 

 

I have a very bad experience with lift and I had been avoiding it ever since the accident. I was shaking behind him but he doesn’t notice it. I ask him the level of our house and I mentally sigh when he said it is on the twentieth floor. There’s no way I will survive to the twentieth level if I take the stairs.

 

The lift doors ding open and he get inside without noticing my frightening face. I walk ever so slowly inside the lift and my legs tremble when the door closes and it starts to move. I hold my trembling body to the lift’s wall as I shut my eyes close. I painfully gulp down my spit as the lift going up further.

 

 

I want to call out for him but my voice stuck in my throat like something or someone is chocking me. I think I was about to faint when I hear his voice before he hold my body closer to him and I was thankful for that when I feel that my legs would give away any second from now on.

 

 

“What’s wrong? Are you sick?” He gently tucks my loose hair behind my ear, wiping away the sweats that are formed on my face.

 

“I... I am afraid of the lift.” I stutter myself as I uttering the words.

“I’m sorry I didn’t know.”  

 

 

 

He hold me closer to him, I can even feel his heart beating. I couldn’t think anything else after that as I try to focus my mind and I let out a low sigh when I hear the lift’s door open up. I open my eyes and he is still holding me in his arms as we walk out of the door. I quickly release myself from him and he clears his throat before he inserts the key to our house.

 

My mouth gap open slightly when the view of the house approach my eyes. It is just absolutely beautiful. Although I do think that it is way too big for me. I prefer a smaller ones but I didn’t say anything to him.

 

 

 

 

“This house has two rooms. One room is the store room and the master bedroom is for..” He paused momentarily before he continues. “For us.”

 

He clears his throat and I blush.

 

 

 

“Myungsoo shi.”

He turns around and an eyebrow, making me blush even more.

 

 

“Myungsoo shi? I think you can call me informally now. Um, what is it?”

 

“Where is Haeyong unnie? She said that she will be there during the cere..” I was cut short by him.

“Do you think that she will be there to watch his husband marrying another woman? I don’t think so.” He said sternly and I am taken aback a little.

 

 

He realizes his harsh words towards me when I keep silent.

 

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to.”

He runs his fingers on his hair as he slowly sinks into the couch.

 

“It’s okay.” My voice comes out as a whisper but I am convinced that he hears me when he lightly nods.

 

“Are you tired?”

I shake my head.

“Are you hungry?”

I shake my head again.

 

 

 

I excuse myself and go to our room. I feel awkward to be with him alone. I examine our room as I make my way to the wardrobe.

It’s decorated with creamy white decorations with slight pale blue and deep purple touch at the end of each corner.

 

 

 

I open the first drawer. It is filled with my clothes, old ones and also new ones. I don’t remember that I buy the rest. It must be from Haeyong unnie. I open the second drawer and I blush crimson red when my eyes land on the lingerie that is filling the second drawer. I was about to touch the garment when the door to our door open and I quickly close the drawer with a loud thump.

 

 

 

My eyes switch from the drawer to Myungsoo. His eyes are warm to my gaze.

My heart beats faster when he slowly loosening the tie from his neck, our eyes locks with each other before his eyes diverted to the bed.

 

 

End of POV