Chapter 34

Am I Too Late?

 

LEE HYUKJAE

______________________________________________

 

Our hands stayed linked together as I slowly walked towards a bench hidden behind a big tree. I sat down and dragged him along so we are sitting side by side, letting silence surround us. All of the events happening earlier came crashing down to me like an earth quake and I regretted shouting at this guy I am with right now; I know how much Donghae hates it when I lose my cool like that because he's seen that side of me and he witnessed the worst. The first time Donghae saw me like that was when I got mad with our co-trainees for going against Donghae, after that there was the time when a group of boys locked him up in the rest room, also that time when the boyfriend of the girl who had a crush on Donghae started shoving him around. Come to think of it, I only become so angry when it is about Donghae. Before all that, I can't remember a time I was that angry when I was not a trainee; my sister was even surprise I get into fights in SMEnt. And just a while ago, that anger building up in my chest with a dark bubble of jealousy caused me to burst again into that person I was before, and again it is also because of Donghae.

 

I was reminiscing when I noticed Donghae raising his hand that I am not holding and covering his mouth to cover it as he yawned and rubbed his eyes. Smiling sweetly, I place my hand gently on his shoulder and he turned to look at me sleepily.

 

"Do you want to go home? You're sleepy," I offered and smiled at him.

 

He shook his head, "I want to stay for a little more."

 

With an understanding smile, I nodded and pulled him down until his head was placed comfortably on my lap, our hands still connected while my other hand played with his soft brown hair. "We'll stay like this. I want you to relax," I told him and he smiled at me beautifully and I can't but smile back.

 

There was again that comfortable silence surrounding us as Donghae started playing with my hand; tracing invisible shapes and just running his fingers along my arm and I admit that I love the feeling of our flesh in contact, even if it's just a simple touch, it is Donghae doing it so it is special and will forever be engraved in my memory. A cold breeze was felt and I felt Donghae wincing as it touched his face so I disconnected our hands and rubbed mine together to create friction, and when I was sure I applied the right amount of pressure, I placed my warm hand on both of his cheeks as out gazes locked, our eyes looking deeply into another and I was, again, bewitched by Donghae's brown orbs. They look so big and clear and piercing that I can literally feel it looking deeply into my soul, and I can feel it touching my heart in its mysterious ways. It all feels surreal that I am scared it would be just a dream.

 

"Hae, pinch me," I whispered, while our gazes are still into each other and I watched as his face turned into an adorable expression of bewilderment.

 

"Why?" He asked.

 

"Because I am afraid that this is a dream. Oh, on second thought, don't pinch me ecause it this is a dream, I don't ever want to wake up," I answered and my heart sped up as I saw how Donghae's cheeks tinted with red and I wondered if it's from my warm hands or because of my words; and I guess it was the latter since he shyly looked away, looking anywhere except me.

 

"Why are you so cheesy," he mumbled and pouted. Is he tempting me now?

 

"I'm surprised too," I answered, still in trance; eyes glued to Donghae's pretty face.

 

"Why would you be surprised by yourself? You are always saying sweet things to people, I'm sure you're already skilled with it," he spoke, something etching in his voice and I know very well what that is so I smirked.

 

"Why? Jealous?"

 

"Of course not! Why would I be jealous?! I mean, you always do it to girls; especially to SNSD or better yet, Hyoyeon. You mentioned how she's good as a dancer and that you had a thing for her before, then there were those girls who came as a guest in Sukira and you always ask their contact numbers. Even our cordi noonas, you make a move on them," he rambled cutely and I can't help but be amused how he can still manage to look so cute even if he's nagging. I continued staring as he stopped talking; his chest rising and falling rapidly from talking so fast.

 

Chuckling, I leaned forward, hands still on his face as my lips touched the tip of his nose making him startled and his eyes flew to stare at me dumbfounded.

 

"Have you ever seen me do something like that to someone?" I asked and when he didn't answer, I continued, "I may have been able to sweet talk with people without a flaw but they are never sincere; you know that, don't you? I trained myself how to act a bit flirty when I am in front of the camera but off cam, I will always be that shy Hyuk Jae that only Lee Dong Hae knows of. Right now, me being with you like this, me acting this way with you all comes from the deepest and purest part of my heart because I lo---"

 

"Aish! Stop being so sweet!" Donghae started whining as his hands covered his face, "Any minute now, an army of ants will eat us alive if you continue!"

 

"Then stop being so cute," I chuckled and tried prying his hands away from his face because I know that he is blushing so hard and I wanted to see it.

 

"I am not cute!" he continued to whine, but his hands covering his face muffled his words.

 

"What?"

 

"I am NOT cute!"

 

"I can't understand."

 

He removed his hands and looked up, glaring at me, "I SAID I'M NOT---"

 

I leaned down in a flash and planted a peck on his lips asking him quiet all of a sudden. I smiled at his face that turned a dark shade of pink and held down his hands as he tried to cover it again.

 

"Stop hiding it. I want to see," I said.

 

"Let me go," he whined, closing his eyes from the embarrassment.

 

"Calm down, Hae. Okay? Sorry, I won't do that again without your permission," I said with a smile and after his futile attempts of struggling to get free from my grip, he finally calmed down and sent me a cute glare. Damn it, why does everything he do have to be so cute?

 

"Stop glaring, it's only making you more---"

 

"Say it and I'll break up with you," he warned and that caught my attention and gave him a sly smile.

 

"Break up with me?" I repeated and he didn't respond.

 

"Why? What are we?" I asked, and when he realized what I was trying to do, he broke the eye contact. Again. Trying to hide the amusement in my voice, I continued, "Come on, Hae. Tell me what we are. I want to hear you say it," I cooed.

 

"I---We---" he started and I listen attentively.

 

He took in a deep breath before he looked up and locked gazes with me, with his face turning more red if that'seven possible, "You're my boyfriend."

 

Cute.

 

Seriously! Lee Donghae is driving me insane with his antics! How can he say that in an adorable, cute, endearing, loving, gentle, amazing, wonderful, magical, sweet, shy and...and...all other positive adjective that can describe it! I'll die early because of this fish.

"Hyuk, can I ask something?" Donghae suddenly spoke, and I was cut off my trance and hummed in reply.

 

"Why'd you push GD off, earlier? And why are you so mad at him?" he asked, all too oblivious.

 

"I was jealous," I answered honestly as I remove my hand from his face and linked my one hand with Donghae and played with his hair with my other hand and my eyes are avoiding his.

 

"Eh? But why should you be jealous? We're not doing anything wrong," he asked with that oblivious voice.

 

This kid. I really need to be really vigilant when it comes to him and boys; he is so damn innocent.

 

"Never mind that. Just know that now that I am your boyfriend, and you are mine, I don't want you to be clingy to other guys, okay?" I told him sternly.

 

"Okay? What about the members?"

 

"Even them. Especially Kyuhyun and Siwon."

 

"But they're my close friends and besides, don't you think ELF would find it weird if I distanced myself from the others?" he whined.

 

I sighed. I can't believe I sound so possessive and selfish right now. This is so new. Sighing in defeat I answered, "Fine. But don't stick to them too much. I want you to stick to me more than you do with them, deal?"

 

"Okay. Deal," he smiled.

 

I looked down and started filling my eyes with images of Donghae's angelic features; his smooth skin, tall nose, pretty eyes, and his pink lips. He looks so beautiful and angelic.

 

What the hell have you seen in me?

 

"Hmm?" Donghae hummed, looking up at me. Did I say that out loud?

 

"No--nothing," I said, but the look his giving me is the one that say 'Tell me because I know it's  something,' and when Donghae gives that look, Lee Eunhyuk just needs to say it. I sighed.

 

"I---I was wondering...I mean I wanted to---I want to know what you see in me for you to love me," I whispered, suddenly feeling shy. Ugh, I feel so insecure after voicing it out.

 

There was a few seconds of silence before he spoke, "Lee Hyuk Jae."

 

"Yes?" I answered dumbly.

 

"That's my answer, idiot," he chuckled and I looked at him, confused so he explained, "That's what I saw in you. That's what made me love you. Because your Lee Hyuk Jae. And everything about Hyuk Jae, may it be good or bad, are the things that made me falling deeper. But if you are talking about something that can only be seen by the eyes, I would say that what I like about you are your chin," he spoke as he raised his free hand and started touching my chin,

 

"Your cheeks," his fingers trailed upwards as he carresed my cheek warmly,

 

"Eyes," he made circles around my right eye,

 

"Nose," his fingers smoothly traced my nose,

 

"Lips," he traced my slightly opened lips,

 

"Adam’s apple," he started going down now and I involuntarily gulped,

 

"Your shoulders..."

 

"Sturdy arms," he traced my biceps,

 

"Your warms hands," he squeezed the hand he is holding as the other hand made its way to my chest and stopped on the left part,

 

"And I can say that this is my favorite part," he ended.

 

"My chest? You like my chest more? Seriously?" I whined and he giggled.

 

He freaking giggled! How adorable is that?!

 

"Your heart, dummy," he said with that toothless smile and my heart was beating so fast and he can feel it.

 

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath to calm down.

 

"DongHae, seriously---" I sighed.

 

"What?" he asked as the hand on my chest disappeared.

 

I opened my eyes and looked down at his brown orbs, "I am seriously, deeply, madly in love with you right now I think I'd get crazy," I admitted in defeat.

 

He smiled at me, "Ditto."

 

Damn it. I'm whipped.

_______________________________________________________

THEY JUST NEEDED TO HAVE A MOMENT!

I JUST GAVE THEM WHAT THY WANT!

SHEESH, I'M SMILING LIKE AN IDIOT AFTER WRITING THIS

 

ANYWAY, HOPE YOU LIKED IT

SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG

COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE

XIE XIE

LOVELOTS <3