Chapter 21

Am I Too Late?

 

DONGHAE's POV

 

"Cause I can't stop~"

 

We are a day away from our concert, and we are currently on the stage practicing. The excitement is in the air as the members plan things to make things exciting; Heechul-hyung is talking to the manager to have some water game (in which everyone agreed in doing), and Kyuhyun suggested on performing Gee (in which Heechul-hyung supported then they started creating names, combining the names of SNSD with ours and eventually we practiced the dance). Henry's practicing his violin solo now, and I am sitting at the edge of the stage watching him with a smile.

 

It always amazed me how someone adorable can perform something like what he's doing now. He tried to teach me playing the violin and all I ever learned was Twinkle Twinkle which I showed on one of the shows in China.

 

"Donghae-ah," someone called and smiled at Heechul-hyung who sat beside me and handed me a bottle of water while he's munching some chips.

 

"Thank you, hyung," I said as I received the water.

 

"I miss you, dongsaeng," Hee-hyung said and I gave him a confused look.

 

"We practically see each other every day, hyung. How can you miss me?" I asked him, scooting closer to him and gave him a playful punch on his arm.

 

"I know. But we never had a hyung-dongsaeng alone time like we used to. You're always glued to Henry, or Kyuhyun, or Hyukjae. Even Siwon's been following you around lately," he said.

 


"That's because you're too busy with your schedule, hyung" I told him, leaning my body against him and he chuckled.

 

"I missed this side of you too," he said and wrapped me in his arms, his bag of chips forgotten on the floor.

 

Heechul-hyung is important to me; well, everyone is but Chullie is different. He is the type of person who never get close to someone easily, and as a matter of fact, only three members is close to him, namely, Kibum, Hankyung-hyung and I so I see to it that I will never do anything to make him hate me and I am actually fond of him because his sweetness is different. It's funny how I watch him be mean and such to others but turn to be kind and sweet to me. It's my privilege and it does give me advantage because he always side with me and shield me to whoever is making of me, saying things like, "I am the only person allowed to ! Get lost!" and I would chuckle knowing he half-meant it.

 

"Heechul-hyung," I whispered.

 

"Yes, my baby Hae?" He answered and I looked at him, smiling from his new nickname for me.

 

"What? Say that again," I told him and he smiled, wrapping me in his arms once again.

 

"My baby Hae. Do like it?" He asked, while my hair.

 

"I love it."

 

"Good, since I'm planning to call you just that every day," he said and we laughed.

 


"What are you gonna tell me, Hae?" He asked.

 


"Oh...ahm...I forgot," I scratched the back of my head.

 


"Same old baby Hae," he chuckled then we were called for a final practice.

 

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

The preparations are done. The place is full. All's left id for us to go to the stage and show them what we got.

 

Everything's dark except for the lights in the stage in which we'll appear in 

 

3

 

2

 

1

 

 

Screams we're heard, the song started and we begin to perform. As usual, the whole dome was filled with sapphire blue lights that our beloved fans, prepared. I loved seeing that color; it reminded me of ocean which I really loved since I was practically born near it. And it reminded me of my father. Every performance, my father is always in my mind, knowing that he's watching me up there, and knowing that I am living the dream he wanted for me. 

 

As the first song ended, we are already drenched in sweat but a smile was plastered on our faces. This is where we belong. This is home.

 

After our fifth song, we went to the back stage and started changing outfits. I am up next with my solo song 'Beautiful' and I was preparing to get on stage, a hand reached out to grab mine and I turned and saw Kyuhyun, still drenched in sweat, smiling at me.

 

I smiled back, "Kyuhyun-ah,"

 

"Good luck, hyung" he said, and pulled me in a hug in which I returned with one hand, then he kissed my forehead before releasing me.

 

"I love you," he said then went back to the dressing room, leaving me a bit taken aback. Well, he is trying to woo me but this side of him is so new, and...it takes a lot of getting used to. Smiling to myself, I jogged going to my position as I was brought back to the stage.

 

"You're like a queen and beautiful I just can't be without you girl"

 

ELF went wild and it made me want to the more than my best so I gave everything to the song and to the dance. Every hip , every lip bite, the fans we're going crazy over those things I do and it made me feel so bliss and my heart is being filled with the love the fans are showering me. Then, the part came where Hyukkie would appear and we danced a duo dance in which we choreographed together.

 

Something feels wrong, though.

 

Hyukkie's avoiding my gaze and he's not smiling. Even the time where we slapped each other's hand, he was looking elsewhere; in fact, he was looking everywhere except at me and it made me confused. What is wrong with him?

 

His part was soon over and I was left alone on the stage for a minute and a half then my song ended. The staff patted my head and gave a 'great job' and I politely thanked and smiled at them, but my mind is flying to Hyuk.

 

I changed into a blue skinny jeans and white shirt then a ribbon was placed on my hair. I laughed a bit at my appearance then sprinted towards the stage where the rest are waiting. As I arrived, I eyed them one by one; Leeteuk-hyung is checking his hair, Chul-hyung is holding a mirror and fixing his lip stick, Kangin-hyung is complaining about his wig, and the rest are just waiting patiently then my eyes landed on Hyuk, who's sat at the corner, a bottle of water at hand and eyes looking at the ceiling. I was thinking of confronting him and ask what's wrong, but go against it. I'll just ask him later after the concert. Then I saw Kyuhyun making fun of Ryeowook's wig.

 

"You look like Sadako!" He blurted while laughing, and then he saw me and made his way towards me with that smile of his. I studies his appearance; he is wearing a green pants and a long hair wig, it was a big shock for me because it suited him perfectly well.

 

"Kyuhyun-ah~ you're so pretty!" I squealed and tackled him in a hug. As I released him and looked at his face, I was more shocked to see him blushing.

 

Kyuhyun. THE Kyuhyun IS BLUSHING! So, I decided to more.

 

"If you were a girl, I would definitely date you," I said and everyone started to laugh. Then, we were asked to go to our positions.

 

The performance was---fun. I was trying my best not to laugh out loud when Ryeowookie started to dance wildly on stage; it wasn't even rehearsed, he just added it to make it more funny, and the part where I tickled Kyuhyun was the best part. My mind was temporarily blocked from thinking about Hyukkie. And the ending of the concert was reached, we said our good-bye's and made a heart with our designated couple; KangTeuk, HanChul, KyuMin, SiBum, YeWook, Eunhae and Zhoury. At this part, Hyukkie is already smiling at me and we dd some fan service to satiate the minds of our Eunhae fans; we held hands, and hugged each other, then I kissed his cheek, a Eunhae specialty that the fans loved. It would be a lie if I said I did not enjoy every bit of those times, because I treasure all of it.

 

We were all exhausted as we made our way back to the dorm but decided to watch our Gee part. Heechul-hyung already asked a copy of that part of the song from the staff who gladly gave him one and we are all huddled together in the living room. I was in between Kyu and Hyukkie at the sofa and Siwonnie is sitting on the floor, leaning on my legs.

 

"Oh my God. I look so hot," Heechul-hyung commented before it even started and it earned him a pillow thrown at his face, courtesy of Kangin-hyung.

 

"Yuck. Your face make me gag, hyung" Kyuhyun said at Kangin-hyung.

 

"Shut up," Kangin-hyun glared.

 

"Maybe I should have change and turn into a girl. I look prettier than SNSD girls combined," Hee-hyung said once again as his part was played, then a pillow was thrown again, only this time he caught him and he stuck his tongue at Hankyung-hyung.

 

"Sadako," Kyu murmured but everyone heard.

 

"Whatever," Wookie said and turned back to the T.V.

 

"You did not even bother to act a bit feminie, Kangin-ah. You look like a freaking amazona!" Heechul-hyung commented on Kangin-hyung's part and Kyuhyun nodded, which earned him a light slap on the head by Kangin-hyung.

 

"This is how you do it," Hee-hyung said as my part was shown.  "My Baby Hae doesn't even have to sweat in doing such. You are so my dongsaeng."

 

"You looked cute," Hyukkie said and I turned to face him, and saw him looking at me in the eyes intently. I turned away as I felt myself blush, hiding it by placing my head on Kyu's shoulder, but a hand entwined with mine and I felt Hyukkie squeezing it. I squeezed his hand in return, my heart thumping loudly from the hidden exchange. Why the sudden change?

 

Everyone laughed at the chorus part where Leeteuk-hyung was dancing. And it went on and on then they showed the part of Hyukkie, and my eyes never left the screen, marvelling at how cute he looked with that little pink ribbon on his head, then everyone laughed as they saw what I did with Kyuhyun, and the hand holding my hand was gone. I tried to keep cool, but the sudden absence of his warm hand made me feel sad, and alone. The whole part was finished and Hyuk was the first to say good night without even giving me a single glance and soon, everyone followed. Mochi fell fast asleep as soon as he hit the bed but I can't seem to close my eyes. Giving up on sleeping, I decided to scoop Bada in my arms and went out of the room. 

 

I was at the balcony, drinking a cup of milk, Bada's ear as the chair beside me was pulled by someone. I looked up and saw Hyukkie, eyes forward as he sat down. There was a moment of awkward silence.

 

"Hae,"

 

"Hyuk," we said at the same time then looked at each other and started chuckling.

 

"Why are you not in the bed sleeping, Hae?" He asked me.

 

"I can ask the same to you," I answered and he sighed.

 

"I can't sleep."

 

"Why?" I asked, placing the cup down, careful not to wake Bada.

 

"I was thinking of some things," he answered, looking up at the stars.

 

"What things?"

 

"Just---stuff," he said, closing his eyes. I didn't want to force it out on him so I just let it go.

 

"Oh. Ok," I said and looked up at the stars too.

 

"Hae, can I ask you a question?" He suddenly spoke and I hummed in response.

 

"Promise to answer it honestly, okay?" He pressed and I looked at him, realizing that he's been staring at me.

 

"Go on," I said and waited.

 

"Are you" he looked down and took a deep breath, before leaning in a bit and looking at me in the eyes.

 

"Are you and Kyu dating?"

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Okay, so I am so sorry if I keep on teasing you guys but I had to do it. I'm so mean, right? >:)

 

Anyways, I just had to write a Heechul-Donghae interaction because I love Heechul so much (not as much as Donghae). <3

 

Here's the vid of Gee, btw, to those who haven't seen it yet :)

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKq8vUFe5yU&feature=related

 

and here's the one where Taeminne and Minho joined Hee, Teuk and Minnie :3

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jLF8jjBoLM&feature=related

 

Enjoy!

 

Comment and Subscribe.

 

Ad me as a friend~ Thanks~

 

Lovelots <3