Chapter 2

Am I Too Late?

 

 

DONGHAE's POV

 

"So, where are we going?" I asked.

 

"Let's just go to the amusement park, can we?" Hyuk asked as we walk out of the dorm.

 

"Sure," I asnwered.

 

He was all smiles on the way to the amusement park. We we're laughing, hitting and teasing each other like madmans and we didn't care if people are sending us weird looks. With our disguise, people didn't seem to recognize the two of us, thanks to Heechul-hyung. When we reached the place, good thing there weren't too many people becasue it's a monday. Hyukkie bought the tickets and we went in.

 

"Hyukkie~ let's go to the Viking first!" I said, excited.

 

"Sure, Hae," he answered and patted my head, "Hold my hand, I can't afford losing you." He added and I felt my cheeks getting hot so I looked down.

 

"Stupid. There aren't alot of people, you know," I reasoned out but gripped his hand anyway.

 

He snickered, "With your bouncy attitude, I'm sure I'd lose you even if were the only ones here," he teased. I ignored him as we walked hand-in-hand towards our first ride. We sat at the end of the boat and laughed like crazy people as the boat made its way down. Hearing Hyuk laugh is one of the times that puts me in bliss. Seriously, his laughing is contagious that you just laugh along without knowing the reason why, and I am pretty sure it's my favorite sound.

 

"Hae, Ice cream?" He said as soon as we got off the ride.

 

"Do you need to ask?" I answered back excitedly.

 

"That's good, since you'll be the one paying this time," He stuck his tongue out at me.
 

He walked towards the nearest ice cream store and got one strawberry and one ice cream flavored ice cream. I followed, getting some cash from my wallet and handing them over.

 

"So that's why you reminded me to bring my wallet," I said as we walk out of the store, eating.

 

"Well, ofcourse. I shouldn't be the only one spending on our date, right? That's just unfair," he teased and continued walking, looking for something interesting.

 

Date, huh? Right. How can you say those words easily while I stay here with a pounding heart just because of something you meant as a joke? Stop it.

 

"Let's go to the arcade!" Hyuk shouted at me and I ran to catch up to him.

 

We played all day. But, at the middle of our DATE, I noticed something...weird. Hyuk seems like he's hiding something from me. It won't be noticable for some but for me, even if its faint, I can sense something's wrong, but I didn't ask until we're alone. So, when we went at the Han River, before going back to the dorm, I asked him.

 

"Tell me."

 

"Tell you what?" He told me, acting all innocent. I sighed.

 

"Lee Hyukjae, I know something's up. DOn't you dare keep it from me when it's too obvious," I said.

 

"Since when did you become observant?" He teased me first, chuckling a bit.

 

"I've been hanging out wiht Heechul," I commented back, "But seriously, Hyuk, what's wrong?"

 

He stayed silent for a while, contemplating. I waited patiently as he organized his thoughts and after a few minutes, he spoke.

 

"I---I had a fight with Hyun Ji yesterday," He whispered and I can tell he's sad. I felt my hands curl into fists. He's feeling sad because of that girl. 

 

"Because?" I said, waiting for an explaination.

 

"She's still in touch with his ex, and you know, she sent a message to him but accidentally sent it to me. I got mad at her but she still denied even if I have the evidence, that's why we're fighting right now," He explained. "What should I do, Hae?"

 

"Break up with her," I answered and he looked at me with big eyes.

 

"What? But Hae, I can't." He simple said.

 

"She's obviously cheating on you. Are you blind? It's betterr if you break up with her now," I reasoned out, my voice raising.

 

"I love her, Hae! It's not as easy as that!" He raised his voice as well. Annoyed, I got up and glared at him. Why? Why are you so stupid, Hyuk? You'd rather get hut?

 

"And does she feel the same?! No! Because if she did, she'll never text her ex and deny it, right?! Why can't you see that it wont go anywhere?! She doesn't love you Hyuk!"

 

She does not love you! It is I, Donghae! I love you, hyukkie! Can't you see that?!

 

"Shut up! You don't even know what I feel right now so you have no right to say that! You haven't even been in a serious relationship! You dont even know how to love someone! So just shut up! I shouldn't have told you about this! If I only knew,  shouldn't have invited you at all today! Just go back and leave me alone!"

 

Silence. There was only silence. I looked back at him as he glared at me. Slumping my shoulders, I sighed and closed my eyes.

 

"Fine. But just so you know, I know exactly how you feel," I said before turning my back on him and heading back to the dorm.

 

Taking hard breaths to calm my self and closing my eyes rapidly to prevent the tears from falling. I looked at my watch and it's just 9pm, for sure the guys are still awake, but I went back anyway, walking fast. I opened the door and found Kyuhyun infront of the TV, watching Jumong.

 

"Welcome back, hyung," he greeted me but I stayed frozen at the door, the words Hyuk told me really sinking in. Kyu made his way towards me, "Hyung, are you okay?" He asked, with concern. It is on rare occasion that Kyu showed concern, and him showing it now makes me weak inside.

 

"I'm...fine," I tried to smile but my voiced crack, earning a suspicious look from the younger.

 

"Come, watch with me," he dragged me to the couch and sat us down, the show just starting.

 

"Have you eaten?" Kyu asked and I just shook my head, then he made his way to the kitchen and came back with a cup of ramen in his hand, and gave it to me.

 

"What's up? WHy are you acting like this?" I asked as I reached out for the ramen, and Kyu just looked away and sat beside me again, avoiding my gaze.

 

"Well...it's just...you really look upset, and..." He paused.

 

"What?"

 

"I don't like it when you look like that! There! I said it!" He exploded, his cheeks red and breathing hard. I stared at him for a while before bursting out of laughter, and putting down the ramen to avoid any accidents. Ohmy! Kyu! 

 

"Kyu~! You are so cute!" I pinched his cheeks while chuckling a bit and he smiled at me, looking relieved.

 

"You look better when you smile, so please stop looking so down...so I won't have to blurt out those...stuff," he said and blushed a bit again.

 

Getting the ramen, I answered, "Yes. Thank you. I feel so much better now. Can I ask something, though?"

 

"Why don't you want me to feel down?" I asked, teasing him a bit. Well, as I said, it is really rare for Kyu to act so sweet, you know? Might as well make the best out of it.

 

"Hmm...don't tell Leeteuk-hyukn, okay?" He whispered and I nodded,.

 

"Becasue...you're my favorite hyung," He answered and looked away from me again which made me smile because he's obviously embarassed.

 

"Don't be shy. You're my favorite dongsaeng too, even if your'e evil and all. I like that Kyu," I asid and he looked at me, smiling. "But the Kyu right now is good too," I added and he playfully punched me in which I just laughed as we turn our attention back to the TV again.

 

"Do you never get tired of this show?" I asked him, finishing the ramen.

 

"No. It's great," he said, his eyes glues on the screen.

 

"I'm sleepy, Kyu," I pouted, trying my aegyo act on him.

 

"Then go upstairs," He said.

 

"I am lazy to walk," I answered and lied my head on his lap before he can even protest, I faked snored and he relaxed then I felt him my hair which made me feel more sleepy.

 

"Good night, hyung," I heard him say before drifting off to sleep.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________

 

I seriously think Hae would look good wiht anyone! But ofcourse, this is EunHae...so, yeah :)

 

Hope you liked it!

 

Comment more so I can get into the mood for the next chapter :) Thanks!