Chapter 1

Am I Too Late?

DONGHAE's POV

 

"EUNHAE! EUNHAE! EUNHAE!"

 

"Ready, Hae?" Hyukkie asked while he took my hand in his. I felt my lips curling into a smile. This moment, this is the moment that I love the most. His hand holding mine, everything seems so perfect. How I wish it will always be like this.

 

But who am I kidding? Ofcourse it won't last forever. Just thinking about what might happen if he knew scares me. Scares me to the extent that I chose to lock my feelings deep down in my heart, where no one can see it, no one can find it, no one will know. I will be the only one who knows the mere fact that I love Eunkyuk, my bestfriend.

 

I squezzed his hand, "Let's get it started," I answered him and the concert started.

 

People loved it when I am near Hyukkie. They scream even if Hyukkie just pats my shoulder, and they go hysterical when we pull off a stunt like kissing the other's cheek, they loved it, they say we have the chemistry, and we're very natural. But will they like it if I told them what I feel? No, of course they won't. They will never understand, and if I did tell the truth, it might be the end, not only of my career but my band mates as well, and I don't want that to happen. Not in a million years.

 

Our concert for our second album ended, and we are all now inside the car heading back to our hotel. Hyukkie's already asleep with his head on my shoulder and I am listening to my iPod, ignoring the fact that my heart is beating crazily. What the hell? He's just sleeping and I am already like this, what more if he's awake?

 

"Hyukkie, we're here, come on, wake up," I shook his shoulder but he didn't even budge.

 

"Wake up now or else I'll--"

 

"Hae, five more minutes, please?" He cut me off and hugged me. He burried his face at my neck and I swear his lips brushed softly at the corner of my lips. I can feel myself blushing, I closed my eyes, and took a few quick breaths to calm myself down.

 

"Come on, you guys. Don't tell me you'll sleep here? Hae, leave his if he doesn't want to go down," Kangin hyung told me.

 

"Hyung? Would you please---help me?" I asked him, looking in his eyes and giving him my puppy look. I know it works for everyone. Even I have an evil-side.

 

He sighed and went in, "Hyukkie will pay back tomorrow," he muttered.

 

"I bet he will," I answered as he carried Hyukkie and we inside our hotel. Hyukkie is sharing a room with Sungmin hyung and I am sharing with Kibum.

 

"Let me guess. Hyukkie?" Kibum said as I entered our room. I turned around and saw him already in pajamas, I just smiled and changed myself. When I went out, Kibum is still awake, with his phone in his hands.

 

"You know, I never would've thought that Super Junior would be this famous," he said and I looked at him with curious eyes.

 

"Why? Don't you want us to be famous?" I asked as lie down my soft soft bed. I feel sleepy.

 

"It's not like that. It's just that---I think people are noticing us not just because of our talents but becasue of other stuff as well. Like, for example, the skinship between you and Hyukjae-hyung. I swear if I compare the shouts of our performance and the screams when you touch each other, there is a slight difference, you know."

 

"Hmm. You're really a keen observer aren't you?" I asked him groggily. 

 

"Ofcourse I am. What am I saying? Good night, hyung," he said and I didn't need to asnwer back since he switched off the lights.

 

 

 

The next day, we flew back to Seoul and had a five-days vacation so right now, we are doing our own business. I noticed Hyukkie went out of the room, fully clothed.

 

"Where are you going?" I asked.

 

"Date with Hyun Ji," he flashed me that gummy smile of his. Oh, by the way, he has a girlfriend. Did I not mention that? Well, now you know.

 

I smiled back at him, and I gave my best effort to sound excited for him, "That's nice. Enjoy!"

 

"We will," he simply answered then he's out of the door.

 

Jealousy is a nasty thing. I hate it. But I can't do anything but hide, hide and hide.

 

"Hae? Are you okay?" Siwon asked, he's beside me watching movies.

 

"I'm fine. I just got a bit dizzy," I answered and leaned at him, his arm going around my shoulder. I closed my eyes and felt really grateful that  whenever I feel down, Siwon and the others are always there for me, though I do feel guilty not telling them the real reason why.

 

"Wonnie," I said.

 

"Hmm?"

 

"What happens when you found out that someone's hiding something from you?" I asked, still with eyes closed.

 

"For sure there's a reason why that person is hiding whatever's that person's hiding," he simply answered. I looked at him, and he looked back.

 

"You won't get mad?"

 

"That won't be necessary. I will feel upset, yes, because that person didn't trust me enough, but I won't get mad as long as there's a valid reason," he said with a smile. I smiled back and closed my eyes once again.

 

 

 

The very next day, Hyukkie barged in my room.

 

"Hae! You're still sleeping? It's already 9am!"

 

I rubbed my eyes and looked at the clock, "It's JUST 9! What the hell are you doing in my room?!" I said. Sleeping is my habit and I am a bit harsh when someone wakes me up this early in the morning.

 

I heard him snort and the bed moved, indicating that he sat down, "Hae~ wake up, please? Let's go outside and play!"

 

"Ugh, go ask Siwon or Kyuhyun," I answered.

 

"Siwon's going to church and Kyu is in his room already playing Starcraft, you know what he is when he's playing," he informed me and I can tell from the sound of his voice that he's pouting.

 

Reluctantly, I got up and looked at him, he's still in his pajamas and he's pouting at me. If I don't have enough control of myself, I would've kiss away that pout on his lips.

 

"Stop pouting. It doesn't suit you," I said and threw a pillow directly at his face, unfortunately, he caight it.

 

"You're mean. Just because you look cute when you pout doesn't mean you can insult others when they pout," he said. He thinks I'm cute when I pout? , I can feel my face heating up.

 

"Get out," I said, hiding my face.

 

"But---"

 

"If you don't, I won't play with you," I threatened.

 

"Yes sir! Be sure that you'll be out within an hour, okay? Don't fall asleep in the toilet, that's gross, and brush your teeth properly," he said as he made his way out of my room. "And last thing, bring your wallet with you," then he closed the door.

 

"You know me too well," I said,

 

"That's why I love you."

 

 

______________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hey! I hope you guys like the first one. :)

 

Comment and subscribe? Thanks!