It's Never Me

Suho / Kyungsoo Drabbles

 

As the leader of the group, I always have to do what's best for my members, and always look out for them.

Like, when Sehun comes to me and tells me how much he misses Luhan, or how he has read that people have been calling him 'Thehun', I sit there and listen, tell him that Luhan will be back soon and tell him that all of his fans love him so not to worry.

Or when Chanyeol comes to me complaining of how Baekhyun won’t share his candy, or causes him to lose sleep, I simply tell him that I will get him more candy and that ear plugs are made for a reason.

And then Baekhyun comes to me complaining about how Chanyeol always picks on him even though he’s the hyung, and he never listens. I simply tell him that Chanyeol will be Chanyeol and if he ignores him long enough he’ll stop and pout and then he’ll have feel sorry and the cycle will start all over again, so it’s best to just play along.

Not to forget Kai, who is always working hard and mindlessly injuring himself. I’m the one who sits there on his bed and rubs his back, replaces heat packs, and comfort him when it hurts.

And then there’s Kyungsoo. He never really complains about anything, which is probably why I like him. It could be his precious eyes or his wonderful smile, but I digress. I admire him because he helps out so much, cooking, cleaning, and stuff like that, things that I’m not able to do because I’m being the leader.

I had soon found myself falling in love with him because of it.

But then we debuted.

And fans found out Kai and him share a room.

And then the Kaisoo name was made.

And then the company pushed them for fanservice.

And then Kyungsoo was always with Kai, and Kai was always with Kyungsoo.

And then I was never paired with anyone, I was just grandpa Suho.

Then that one radio show happened, where Kyungsoo referred to himself as the umma of the group. I couldn’t help but giggle because it was true. Then suddenly the question of who was the appa of the group came up. I don’t remember if it was me or someone else, but my name was chosen.

I smiled. Me and Kyungsoo as the parents of our group. I smiled because I liked it.

For the longest time, it was never me.

It was never me to be chosen to debut earlier.

It was never me to have a pairing in this group.

It was never me to be the one that Kyungsoo loved.

But in that moment, it was me.

But all of that came crashing down when the reality of it being just talk came back into my mind. Of course I laughed and played it off.

When we got home after that, I had gone straight to my room, not really wanting to deal with reality at that moment. I heard footsteps and the door open and I assumed it was Sehun coming to get his phone to call Luhan or something, but then I felt a body sit down on the bed.

It was Kyungsoo because the way he called out hyung was so distinct, I could have never forgotten it.  “You know it’s true.” He said.

“What is?” I asked.

I felt his hand brush along the side of my face. “That I’m the umma and you’re the appa.”

I turn towards him and blink a few times, wondering if the reality I escaped from had followed me inside my room. “Wh-what?” I barely manage to get out.

Kyungsoo smiles as he descended lower and gave me a kiss. “And that I love you.”

I stare up at him looking into his eyes, and him giving me that dorky smile. I let my hand cup the side of his face and I soon realized it was reality.

I place a soft kiss against his lips.

“I love you too.” I whisper.

He plops down onto my chest, burying his head into the crook of my neck. I smile at the warmth that surrounds my body.

Maybe it was me.

No, it is me, this time, it was me.



 

 

A/N: Ugh this was floating around in my head for the longest time and I just HAD to get it out.

So yeah this will be my drabbles story. Weeeee I love the parent couple. They're so cute. 

Thanks to all the subscribers already, you guys are wonderful! Most of you guys are names i've seen before so you guys are really great!!