Chapter 6

DeJa Vu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Let them carry your bags. They get paid for it,” Changmin said as he guided her along the stone steps by her shoulders. All the while, a beautifully carved smile was hanging on to his lips. Indeed, he was grateful to have her back at his place.

Min Hee glanced at the suited man who was now carrying her bags. It wasn’t many but she was sure that both of them were considerably heavy. She felt bad letting him carry all of it by himself but Changmin strictly pulled her away from doing that simple chore. She could only watch that man trailed behind them, keeping up with their pace.

“Min Hee, you’re trembling,” Changmin uttered suddenly. He stopped at the spot and turned to face Min Hee. “Are you feeling alright?” he asked, looking deep inside her eyes with his own concerned ones. He brought one hand to her forehead and down back again, convinced that she’s not having any fever.

“I… I’m fine…” she stuttered, her eyes scattered nervously. She couldn’t possibly tell him what she just saw, right?

“Are you sure? I can get the doctor if you’re feeling unwell,” he half-insisted.

“No. I’m fine. Really.”

Changmin gave her a suspicious look. With one eye bigger than the other, he extended one hand towards her. “Come. Let’s get inside. It’ll be a lot warmer.”

Min Hee stared at his hands like how a little girl would look at a candy offered by a stranger. She carefully took his hands and he immediately wrapped it safely before pulling her gently towards the huge double doors. She just noticed his hand wasn’t as soft but she felt safer being held by it. He might be a stranger to her still and she was aware that she should be careful from this moment on especially that she might be heading towards a trap right this second. But there is also a part of her telling that this is the only man that could keep her safe from harm.

She was confused.

“Welcome home, Milord, Milady…” a huge, fierce-looking man bowed as he held the door open for them to get in. Min Hee’s eyes bulged the moment she noticed what the man was carrying. This has definitely told her that she wasn’t imagining things. Those images inside her head could only be real!

“Come, Min Hee,” Changmin called out before she could ask anything.

As obedient as a pet, Min Hee followed his pull inside, towards a very big hall. She practically had wide-open as she scanned over the high ceiling as it came into view. For a moment, she totally forgot that she was supposed to be scared and cautious. The view in front of her was totally breath-taking and very beautiful, especially the majestic chandelier up above which was totally magnificent. The interior designer must’ve been a heck of a person.

The door closed behind them, blocking the way of the cold breeze outside. Changmin did say that it’s going to be a lot warmer in here. But her chills weren’t getting any better.

“Do you like it?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter