Chapter 35

DeJa Vu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Min Hee’s eyes slowly opened to be greeted by the view that she hadn’t seen in the longest time. Flashes of memories started to replay in front of her, and her heart finally longed to see her father again. She bit her lips and turned to see Changmin who was trying to get out of the car. Without warning, Changmin stumbled forwards and his body fell to the ground and his hands clutched tightly around his aching body.

“Changmin!” Min Hee shouted in alarm. She quickly released the seatbelt and rushed out of the car. She turned around the front of the car and caught the sight of her husband hissing in pain on the other side. “Changmin, are you alright?” She sat next to him and pulled his upper body onto her lap, her arms held tightly on the precious figure.

“I forgot about the pain,” Changmin chuckled. “Ah, it hurts so much.”

She slowly lifted his bloody shirt and saw flesh almost immediately. “Baby, you need to go to the hospital.”

There was silence as Changmin stared at Min Hee is amusement.

“What? You’re losing blood. And there might be possible infections. Let’s call an ambulance.”

“Min Hee, don’t,” he spoke tiredly. “People will find us. It’s not safe. You can take care of me. You always have...”

“But--”

“Let’s get inside. I don’t think the house has locks anymore.”

Sighing, Min Hee helped Changmin get up on his feet. With an armed wrapped around her shoulders, she carried him towards the house with great difficulty.

After she has helped him lay down on the couch, she took no time to reminisce and straight away went to the all too familiar kitchen to search for items that could help her fix Changmin. This house has been empty for years now. Except for the accumulating dust, everything else was still pretty much the same. She thought Changmin had demolished this house to build his own property when he took her away. Though, it looks like he’s not that bad of a person at all. The house is the only remaining thing she has left of her father.

After she was done gathering the first aid kit and some other helpful stuff, she went back to the living room to find a groaning Changmin.

“I can’t believe you were able to drive for hours like that,” Min Hee uttered with a frown. “You should’ve at least told me.”

“There was no time. I needed to get you to someplace safe especially since you haven’t been acting like yourself.”

Min Hee began uncapping bottles and fetching cotton balls from the white box. She didn’t reply and kept on listening to what Changmin had to say while acting indifferent.

“One day you appeared out of nowhere and kissed me. But on the next, you were yelling at me and acted like you didn’t know me. I was so worried and everything else didn’t make sense. Min Hee,” he called out to her softly as she was cleaning the blood on his skin. “Tell me exactly what happened that night, please. What has made you, us, become like this?”

She pulled a warm towel and dabbed them on his dirty skin. She was hesitant to tell the story, but he needed to know. And thus she exposed every detail about that fateful night up until what she had remembered. By the time she was done, he was already cleaned and resting in her arms. All his cuts had been attended to. He looked very exhausted, but he nodded away to show that he was still listening.

“I’m glad nothing happened to the baby,” he whispered. “And thank you for coming back to me.” He stretched out an arm to caress her face. She snuggled deeper into it as a single tear dropped.

“I’m sorry I yelled at you. I was confused and scared. I had no idea that you had a twin.”

Changmin shook

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter