Chapter 31

DeJa Vu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*FLASH*

“Milady! Follow me! Hurry!!!”

One of the maids waved for me to come with her. Her voice was kept in stern whispers as her eyes worried and alerted for fear that someone might discover us. We must keep our coordinates unknown. I tip-toed quickly towards her and took the hand that she offered. Once in a while, I glanced back to see if we were followed. My heart was thumping hard, deafening my ears.

Distant crashing sounds were heard echoing through the hallways. I silently followed the maid towards an exit and tried hard not to think about how far the intruders had come within the house. We needed to escape and hide, and fast.

As keen as I was to stay strong, the tears just couldn’t stop from flowing. My heart was beating wildly, thinking of all the possibilities which mostly end up with me leaving this complicated world. Will I be able to escape from their grasps alive? Will I ever see Changmin again? Will he ever get to know that he’s a soon-to-be father?

My free hand immediately reached for my tummy. My heart ached painfully at the thought that my life would not last the night…

“AHHHHH!” The maid suddenly screamed out of surprise as we hastily turned a corner. I immediately looked up... and saw him.

“Changmin!!”

Without thinking any further, I ran towards him and hid my face in his chest. My arms wrapped tightly around him, asking for his protection. “Changmin, I’m so scared! Who are these people? How did they get into the house?”

I was beyond glad that he was there. It totally slipped my mind that Changmin had departed for Japan just this morning. The maid just stood there with her head lowered, perhaps thinking that Changmin had taken an emergency flight back home.

“Let go of me, b!tch,” his calm voice was hoarse and unforgivable.

My body immediately reacted to his cold tone and stiffened. “C-Changmin?” I looked up and stared into his eyes as I let go of him, sensing the familiar vibe of insecurity and terror from my past starting to flow in my veins. My eyes were still blurry from the tears as more flowed down my cheeks. But I’m very sure that the man in front of me is my husband. I won’t ever mistake him with anyone else on Earth! Unless if there can be two Shim Changmins on the planet.

I silently prayed that I had misheard the man that I’ve given all my heart to.

“Finally, it’s time that you know where my heart truly lies,” the man smirked. He immediately pulled out a gun and instantly shot the innocent maid that had tried to save me right between her eyes. I couldn’t suppress my scream as I watched her body fell to the floor lifelessly.

“What in the hell are you doing?” I shouted at him. “What has she done wrong? How could you kill an innocent soul?!!”

SLAP

My face was forced to tilt to one side as I froze, looking at the darkened walls. I could feel the heat was quickly making its way towards my left cheek and I slowly cupped it with my left hand. I was too scared to look at him in the eye, afraid of his fury. He had never abuse my body like this ever since the day he confessed his hidden affections to me.

I was confused…

This couldn’t be happening. Changmin has changed to become an honourable man. I have witnessed it with my own eyes. I’ve seen how much love he had for me and how much he was willing to make things right. And I gave up my life to return as much love and trust as I can back to him. He had never failed me since, which only made my love for him grow even more and now it has turned into a genuine feeling.

But what’s this now? How could he act like all those times had never happened? How could he let himself turn back to how he was before, to before he even met me…?

“These ‘intruders’ are my new recruit, my special team. Their first trial mission is to get rid of you because unfortunately, I’m getting tired of playing this marriage game. But seemed like none

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter