Chapter 30

DeJa Vu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As soon as the door was opened, Changmin and his two accompanies were greeted by a very sophisticatedly designed hall. The interior was totally the opposite of the exterior. Changmin had expected to step into yet another dungeon-looking mafia hive, but instead everything here looks so… modern.

“Sir, may I help you?” a girl in suits came up to him with an organizer in her arms. She pushed her spectacles back into place and looked at Changmin expectantly for his reply.

“I’m looking for a guy named Shim Choikang.”

The girl instantly smile and gestured for the three of them to follow her. “Follow me, please. Master Choikang has been waiting for your arrival.”

Changmin followed the girl without any questions and his two men tailed right behind him. However, each step he took as he went deeper into the building felt so wrong. He felt like he should’ve been somewhere else…

But where is the harm in checking through all the possibilities? Everything should be alright. Right?

“Master Choikang will be meeting you inside that room,” the girl announced all too politely, a hidden smirk behind her smile. Changmin noticed this, of course, and he instantly put his guard up. He put a hand on his stomach to subtly make sure that he had his bullet-proof vest on. He had promised Min Hee to come back to her unharmed, and that is what he’s going to make sure of.

He nodded at the girl before she started to walk away. Changmin scanned his surroundings. He took note of the positions of the security cameras, the locations of picture frames and the material the house was made of. If he was to get out of this place alive, he needed to know where to go and how. As he recalled the maze he was lead through on his way here, he signalled one of his men to enter the room first to have the first check on the coordinates.

“Who are you? Where’s that other Shim?” Changmin heard a voice as soon as the man was fully inside the room. He accepted his cue and walked inside right after, eyes instantly connected to another man’s sitting on a lounge chair in the middle of the room. “There you are! Welcome! We’ve been waiting for you!” his hands clapped.

“We?”

“Yes, my friend. Shim Choikang and I. We have been waiting for you.”

Changmin stared at the only other man present in the room aside from his own party. “What do you mean? Where’s Choikang.”

“Oh, God bless you. You look exactly like him!” the man said with pure adoration, perfectly ignoring Changmin’s questions. “No wonder the girl got tricked so easily.”

“What girl?” he suddenly felt his insides burning.

“Settle down Shim. I know she’s now safe with your friend at your home in Seoul. No need to worry. What should be your concern now is how to get out of here.”

An evil chuckle then echoed and a soft click was heard from the door. Changmin turned instantly and saw that more men had entered the room silently and he was yet again, trapped.

Changmin smirked at their effort to corner him. “It seems like you’re so eager to die. And I didn’t even get to know your name yet.”

“Ahhh… Forgive my rudeness. I thought you knew,” the man laughed mockingly. “So that hacker is as stupid as the side-kick? Interesting… I’m Micky.”

“Where’s Choikang?” Changmin demanded, ignoring the hand offered to him. His eyes pierced through Micky’s head. “Give him to me and I’ll leave. We don’t have to fight this through,” he tried to negotiate, his face firm and serious.

“I could give him to you, if only he’s here,” a chuckle followed his next words. “He’s been in Seoul for the past three years, planning on and carrying ou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter