Chapter 3

DeJa Vu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Changmin pulled a chair back to the side of the bed. Min Hee went back to sleep after Dr. Lee finished talking to her. She needed to rest after being dumped with all those information. Even though it was only a teaspoon of what she used to know, he could tell that it was too much for her to digest in one day.

The man rested his elbows at her side. One hand was holding his head up while the other was greatly tempted to grab Min Hee’s hands in its own. Now that Min Hee knew who he was, he wondered if she will act differently when he attempts to touch her again. He stared at her chest as it rose and fell in a synchronised tempo. His attention then diverted from her chest to her abdomen. Changmin cursed. It was such a painful miracle…

Suddenly there was a knock on the door. It opened rather slowly before the figure of the man from before came into view. He walked closer. “Milord, the Drunken Tiger’s head chief is on hold,” he kept his head low in respect while his hands were holding on to each other in front of him. “He wants to speak to you directly,” he went on in a whisper.

“I see,” Changmin replied, not bothering to look at the person he’s talking to. “Transfer him to my private line. I’ll talk to him from there.”

“As you wish, Milord…” The man bowed and left the room.

Changmin sighed and refocused his attention back on his beloved wife. She was still asleep and it had been more than 3 hours. He gave one last glance at her flawless face before he stood up and made his way back to the sofa. He didn’t want Min Hee to catch any irrelevant details of the conversation that is about to take place. Who knows she might be fake-sleeping.

“Speak.” He said sternly into his wireless headset as soon as he got comfortable. He was careful to make sure that his voice won’t cross the room. Thanks to the carpeted floor and the heavy curtains, he didn’t have to put that much effort to lessen his voice’s vibration.

“Shim Changmin-sshi,” another voice replied from the other end, very deep and hoarse. “With all due respect, our clan do not mean to interrupt. But we heard that your wife was attacked a few weeks ago. Thus, we are sending you our deepest regret and we hope on your wife’s fast recovery.”

Changmin grunted. He crossed both his arms in front of him and smirked. “Is this all you wish to tell me?”

“Actually I wanted to discuss about our peaceful treaty with the state’s authority,” the head chief didn’t wait for another second. Indeed, he wanted to speak privately to this man for a reason. “We’ve lost confidence in your west subsidiary’s ability to keep all our properties safe, so I’d like to discuss on further improvements applicable within the treaty as soon as possible.”

“NO. There’s no need for such things. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with the treaty or our subsidiaries,” Changmin hissed quietly. “To bring this up in the midst of the attack, I should assume that you’ve played a part in this plot. Did you not?”

There was a brief silence on the other end of the line. There were distant sounds of papers crumbling and tapping of fingers on a wooden table.

“Don’t accuse us of such crime. You should know how well we respect your organisation.” The voice sounded to be suppressing fear.

Changmin chuckled. “Words can be misleading. And chances should be taken at its first presence. Who knows you might be one of the pawns of this ridiculous agenda.”

“I can see that your words are now bolder.”

“It ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter